pixeltracker

Bates Motel Return 2016.- Page 4

Bates Motel Return 2016.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#75Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 3/29/16 at 9:56pm

Sorry you disagree but we are all entitled to our opinion.

Poster Emeritus

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#76Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 3/29/16 at 10:31pm

I interpret the wheels turning in a mental case like Norman, as his way of listening to the demons in his head. Works perfectly for me.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#77Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 3/29/16 at 10:39pm

For a 16 yr. old, 32 acting credits on imdb ain't bad for such an inferior actor.

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#78Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 3/30/16 at 12:48am

16 years old? I think he is around 24. At any rate, of course everyone is entitled to their opinions. I think this board lets us agree to disagree. I just think of a young Ed Norton or Sean Penn doing the part and how much more they would bring to it if they were the appropriate age. Actors of their pedigree would have also given Norman a little more sex appeal similar to what Perkins had in the film.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#79Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 3/30/16 at 10:07am

You're right about the age, my mistake.

Anyway, re sex appeal. My opinion is that Perkins wasn't the least bit sexy in the film. I think Freddie is sexier. And Freddie to me, is quite a bit like Perkins in his portrayal of Norman.

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#80Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 3/30/16 at 10:18am

double

When They Go Low, I Go High
Updated On: 3/30/16 at 10:18 AM

Petralicious
#81Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 3/30/16 at 10:30am

"SmoothLover said: "I just don't think Freddie is that great of an actor. I wish they would have used someone more interesting. The mother is a far better actress.

" I have not seen Freddie in any other role, so maybe he is not a great actor, or is onetrick pony.  I do not know.  But he is amazing in this role. To say he is not is just silly. Spicoli or Hulk as Norman?  I think Freddie is better. Plus you do not know if Spicoli or Hulk would have the same chemistry with Norma. That is big part of show. 

"

Updated On: 3/30/16 at 10:30 AM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#82Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 3/30/16 at 10:48am

Thinking back now, Perkins was actually very dorky and socially very clumsy. Not sexy in my book.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#83Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 4/12/16 at 10:13pm

Just caught last night's episode. Holy F*CK what just happened in the Dr.'s office with Norman!!! That was insane. And that creepy guy is now after Norma!!! Next week looks even better. And enough with Emma & Dylan. Nobody cares anymore.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

SmoothLover
#84Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 4/12/16 at 11:59pm

I do have to tip my hat to the writers. They are taking the story in a compelling direction.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#85Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 4/13/16 at 7:41am

I loved the way Freddie slipped into Norma's seductive attitude with the Doctor. The revelation about the truth of her visit really caught me off guard. They are setting up such a pressure cooker with Norman being sequestered away while his world outside is changing so drastically!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#86Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 4/13/16 at 9:39am

Yes. He flawlessly became Norma. At least now the Dr. knows what's going on with Freddie. I loved the shocked look on the Dr.'s face during the transition. I also was taken off guard by the non-visit of Norma. 

Love this show.

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#87Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 4/13/16 at 9:52am

Jane2 said: "Yes. He flawlessly became Norma. At least now the Dr. knows what's going on with Freddie. I loved the shocked look on the Dr.'s face during the transition. I also was taken off guard by the non-visit of Norma. 

At first I thought Norman was coming on to the doctor. I wasn't sure if the doctor felt that way too or did he realize Norman was taking on the Norma persona? When he asked the doctor if he wanted him to lay down I was wondering where this scene was going. LOL   

Still loving this show! 

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#88Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 4/13/16 at 10:32am

Can anyone pm as to what happened after Norman and Norma started walking in the park at about 29 minutes in. I had dvr'd it but thanks to time Warner it screwed up and froze at that point and resumed 10 minutes later where it froze again. So happy they are such a great cable company. Thanks

Poster Emeritus

Petralicious
#89Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 4/13/16 at 11:22am

OMG, Mr Roxy!  Norman strangled Norma and the Dr came to resuce her and he stabbed him!!

Just kidding, I PM you

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#90Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 4/13/16 at 12:09pm

The series takes place now .It takes the character Norman and Norma & jettisoned when happened in the movie. It than fills in the blanks re Norman and totally builds up Norma to a real speaking part from a dead one in the movie.

Poster Emeritus

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#91Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 4/14/16 at 11:20am

I thought the way they dealt with the accusations of Norma's murdering people very well handled in light of the Dr's discovery ofNorman's split personality.

ETA: AETV.com streams the episodes for free Roxy. You can see them there.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
Updated On: 4/14/16 at 11:20 AM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#92Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 4/14/16 at 11:30am

I just got that site up yesterday . Thanks

Poster Emeritus

SmoothLover
#93Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 4/19/16 at 4:14pm

Why does it feel like when the series ends Norman will set fire to the house and kill all of the major players. Having Norma marry the sheriff was a nice twist.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#94Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 4/19/16 at 8:14pm

btw- who's running the shop? There's never anyone at the motel.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#95Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 4/19/16 at 10:20pm

Well, when Dillon looked up Emma's mom in the registry, hers was the only name for almost two months.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#96Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 4/19/16 at 10:29pm

right. Good thing Alex married her!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#97Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 4/20/16 at 12:20am

SmoothLover said: "Why does it feel like when the series ends Norman will set fire to the house and kill all of the major players. Having Norma marry the sheriff was a nice twist."

Kill all the players maybe, but the house is in the movie, so unless he restored it, they can't do that.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#98Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 4/20/16 at 10:44am

yeah, the actual Bates Motel is just there. No customers, though I don't think Norma really cares at this point, you just have to wonder how she's making any money. 

Back to the show, these scenes with Norman & the psychiatrist in his office are stunning. These scenes alone should give Highmore at least an Emmy nomination.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#99Bates Motel Return 2016.
Posted: 4/20/16 at 10:48am

I agree, he is so nuanced when he slips into Norma mode. I am sure they spend time working together on perfecting her mannerisms and movements.