pixeltracker

Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert- Page 4

Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#75Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert
Posted: 4/5/16 at 11:50am

Thank you for the wonderful recount of last night.  I wish I could have been there.

Glebb will be forever in our hearts...I miss him too.

Demitri2 Profile Photo
Demitri2
#76Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert
Posted: 4/5/16 at 12:26pm

I would've loved to have seen Celia Keenan-Bolger recreate the role of Clara (I know, I know, it's a cast REUNION). She was wonderful in the part when I saw the show in Seattle pre-New York. Unfortunately she was replaced when the show was mounted at the Beaumont. I'd heard rumors as to why but never heard the true story. She came off much younger than O'Hara at the time (though there's only a year age difference between the two) which I thought helped the story line.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#77Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert
Posted: 4/5/16 at 12:51pm

Glebb was there with us.

Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert

Crying and cheering.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#78Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert
Posted: 4/5/16 at 1:23pm

Okay Joey now you've got me sitting here tearing up. What a great picture of him. A beautiful man inside and out. heart

ghostlight2
#79Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert
Posted: 4/5/16 at 1:31pm

"Did they perform the entire Overture?"

Yes.

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#80Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert
Posted: 4/6/16 at 10:56am

Last night was absolutely perfect. When Kelli O'Hara came out in that turquoise/aqua dress, looking and sounding as if not a day had passed since opening night in 2005, I knew it would be. So many moments to remember and treasure:

As near-perfect as this performance was, after seeing 1776 a few days earlier I think that Piazza could have bee still better if Victoria and Kelli had been attired in blue jeans and sneakers, and if the role of Fabrizio had been given to an Asian.

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#81Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert
Posted: 4/9/16 at 12:39am

For those who can't get enough of Victoria Clark and Kelli O'Hara, they will be co-starring in Henry Purcell's Baroque rock opera Dido and Aeneas at City Center two nights only, April 28th and April 29th.

It recounts the love of Dido, Queen of Carthage, for the Trojan hero Aeneas, and her despair when he abandons her. A monumental work in Baroque operaDido and Aeneas is remembered as one of Purcell's foremost theatrical works. It is believed to have won the Best New Opera Tony for 1689.

Tickets are expected to be very reasonably priced.

Updated On: 4/9/16 at 12:39 AM

beilis32
#82Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert
Posted: 4/9/16 at 4:52pm

It was this board that got me finally to look up this musical. I'm obsessed! I've listened to Aiutami about 15 bazillion times and I love all the rest of it. They're such amazing singers. Thank you for bringing this into my life. It's a welcome, although perhaps a bit too much of a distraction!

lvpblues
#83Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert
Posted: 4/19/16 at 10:38pm

A piece recalling the opening night of the original production and the recent reunion concert at the Vivian Beaumont:

http://www.theatreaficionado.com/2016/04/light-piazza-reunion-concert.html

ghostlight2
#84Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert
Posted: 4/19/16 at 11:43pm

Thanks for the link, lvpblues, but it doesn't work for me. Can you check it and repost if need be? Or give more info? My interest is piqued by the opinions of those who saw the original and the concert.

TIA.

lvpblues
#85Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert
Posted: 4/20/16 at 10:43am

The link is working again. Sorry about that!

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#86Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert
Posted: 4/20/16 at 3:51pm

I'm so grateful to you for sharing that link.  

I loved reading it.  It captured my emotions of first seeing this show - each of the subsequent times I saw this show - and the extraordinary experience of being there for the Anniversary Concert.

This show is such a gift.  It holds a very special place in my heart, and always will.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

#87Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert
Posted: 4/22/16 at 5:22pm

I'm upset I missed the reunion, but I'm glad many people got to attend. Hoping to catch the City Center performance next week. 

Videos