pixeltracker

HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!- Page 3

HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!

mpkie
#50HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/4/16 at 12:01am

gypsy101 said: "Maybe the most sarcastic-sounding comment ever!"

What! I have to post with a "no-sarcasm" tag now? LOL! No, my comment was completely genuine and maybe just had too many superlatives, lol.

I purposely avoid show content so that it can still feel fresh when I eventually get to experience it live. But I do watch interviews, Ham4Ham shows, etc. It may be years before a reasonable price is easily accessible on Broadway. Accepting this truth is less heartbreaking for me, so I've decided to be patient instead. :)

As a relative newbie to theater, I'd never heard of Lin before last year (well honestly, I hadn't heard of MOST people before last year). How many times did I watch Lin's cameo as the Loud Hailer? And "Button Gwinnett" with Stephen Colbert? Too many times. And 2014 Tonys opening and ending, I practically had that on repeat and sure as heck didn't know Lin wrote those back then!

This performance will probably be the only Grammys-related thing I watch.

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#51HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/4/16 at 3:04am

"The Tonys.  Or as we love to call them here, The Tony'ses's."

This made me laugh way too hard.  

indytallguy
#52HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/4/16 at 10:01am

Maybe they'll include James Corden and Rosie:

The Late Late Show.

Brick
#53HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/4/16 at 12:27pm

Such huge, huge news. And we all can basically forget getting a ticket to this show again anytime soon.

Mike66
#54HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/4/16 at 10:04pm

WayTooBroadway said: "Shoving down people's throats? No one has to watch the Grammys, the Tonys, or every performance Hamilton wants to do. Hell, no one needs to see Hamilton at all.

But people want to be in the room where it happens. Clearly CBS wants to bring the room to anyone who wishes to.

Good for you, Hamilton.

BRAVO and well said.

Certainly, anyone who has seen "too much" Hamilton can use that time to fetch an adult beverage and prepare for another segment of the show.  I, for one, will actually watch a television program I haven't bothered with in a long time in order to see this.  How is that bad (for anyone)?

m

mrgiovanni Profile Photo
mrgiovanni
#55HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/4/16 at 10:15pm

A bit off topic, but I wasn't sure which board to ask. Unrelated to tickets.

Which Hamilton track would you say could be used as poetry reading? Some friends are holding a poetry night and since I don't write I figured it'd be neat to share one of the Hamilton tracks as a reading. I get that the songs were written to be rapped/sung but hip hop is so poetic in itself I figured it could be done. Thanks for the help!

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#56HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/5/16 at 12:19am

"My Shot" is rather poetic in its lyrics, especially in the Hamilton monologue chunk.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#57HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/9/16 at 6:55pm

Now that the Grammys are less than a week away, has there been any information released on how to be invited to be in the audience in the Richard Rodgers? I'm thinking it will be friends and family, but it would be cool if there was room for some ordinary people too. Now that the digital lottery seems to be set up and functioning, that might be a way to go.

Updated On: 2/9/16 at 06:55 PM

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#58HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/9/16 at 7:17pm

mrgiovanni said: "A bit off topic, but I wasn't sure which board to ask. Unrelated to tickets.

Which Hamilton track would you say could be used as poetry reading? Some friends are holding a poetry night and since I don't write I figured it'd be neat to share one of the Hamilton tracks as a reading. I get that the songs were written to be rapped/sung but hip hop is so poetic in itself I figured it could be done. Thanks for the help!"

How about The World Was Wide Enough or at least part of it?  Hamilton's part after the shot is fired already sounds a bit like "spoken word."

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#59HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/9/16 at 11:41pm

So apparently Hamilton will not be the opening number of the Grammy's. They will be doing "My Shot" at some point in the telecast and there is no full show that Monday.

They will be preforming only that song for an audience which will be beamed live.

....but the world goes 'round

Lilly7
#60HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/10/16 at 12:08am

Lin was pretty clear on Twitter that by opening number he meant "Alexander Hamilton" not opening the Grammys. But it's pretty funny think the show would be upset over Taylor Swift upstaging them. 

Speaking of "Alexander Hamilton" I think that would probably be the best song to do at a poetry reading. Don't forget, Lin debuted the song originally at a poetry event in the White House.

ebontoyan
#61HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/10/16 at 1:09am

I don't think the show will be upset of Taylor or anyone upstaging them, they are honored/excited/big deal  to be invited to a mainstream awards show! I was watching an E!News (a mainstream entertainment TV show) segment on the Grammy's (the guests, projected winners, who people are wearing etc etc) and no mention of Hamilton whatsoever!

It is big for Hamilton and the theater community but not so in the larger world.  But I will be glued to my TV on Feb 15!