madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#100Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/12/16 at 2:07pm

Outrageous comments about Obama and Clinton made by Trump's former butler and current historian at Mar-A-Lago.  Any chance the media will hold Trump to the same level of scrutiny as associates of other candidates?

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/05/trump-butler-anthony-senecal-facebook-kill-obama

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#101Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/12/16 at 4:24pm

These next 6 months are going to be weird.  I feel like I'm having a strange dream.

Stephanatic

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#102Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/13/16 at 8:17am

Trump seems to be getting very defensive about his tax returns.  Clinton should clobber him on this relentlessly.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-tax-rate-223156

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#103Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/13/16 at 3:09pm

I like this Bill a lot more than the red faced, snarling one we've seen on the trail recently.  Glad Hillary finally got him sorted out.  I thought he handled the situation really well and I love the last point he made about the importance of listening to those we may have disagreements with.  

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#104Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/13/16 at 4:33pm

Trump pretended to be a fictional publicist and vice president of his company, in order to brag about himself:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/donald-trump-alter-ego-barron/2016/05/12/02ac99ec-16fe-11e6-aa55-670cabef46e0_story.html

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia
Updated On: 5/13/16 at 04:33 PM

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#105Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/13/16 at 5:27pm

This really is not surprising, he does after all constantly refer to himself in the third person. God, I find everything about that man repulsive. I have felt this way well before his running for President.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#106Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/14/16 at 7:12pm

Helping to defeat Trump...some Republicans?

WASHINGTON POST: Inside the GOP effort to draft an independent candidate to derail Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-the-gop-effort-to-draft-an-independent-candidate-to-derail-trump/2016/05/14/1b04682e-1877-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#107Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/14/16 at 8:04pm

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279930-nevada-dem-convention-devolves-into-chaos#.VzeXQyV0FmQ.facebook

Sanders' supporters are going to be remembered as a national embarrassment and nothing but a joke when this whole thing is said and done.

South Florida
#108Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/14/16 at 8:16pm

Trump and Clinton voters are the embarrassment.  Nothing they've done or been wrong about seems to faze you guys.  

Stephanatic

Jordan Catalano
binau Profile Photo
binau
#110Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/14/16 at 8:54pm

Jordan Catalano said: "http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279930-nevada-dem-convention-devolves-into-chaos#.VzeXQyV0FmQ.facebook

Sanders' supporters are going to be remembered as a national embarrassment and nothing but a joke when this whole thing is said and done.

"

I doubt anyone will remember them. They'll just remember that Sanders was before his time when the USA eventually implements the policies he described in another 1-2 decades. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

South Florida
#111Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/15/16 at 6:16am

Average dumb.

Stephanatic

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#112Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/15/16 at 9:04am

qolbinau said: "...They'll just remember that Sanders was before his time when the USA eventually implements the policies he described in another 1-2 decades."

Perhaps, but given where we are right here and right now, the only way that will happen is if the Dems unite behind Clinton and defeat Trump, then come out to vote in non-presidential elections to take back state legislatures, senate seats, governors' houses, etc.  THAT could be Bernie's true legacy.

Updated On: 5/15/16 at 09:04 AM

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#113Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/15/16 at 9:36am

As I and others have said, focusing on polling right now is premature.  That said, it's difficult to ignore.  So, if you are going to look at the info, it's important to understand the data and sources.  In other words, 538 is indispensable.  They rate and rank the pollsters, and weigh them for their cumulative predictions.  They evaluate them based on their methodologies, and show any lean over time.  Must read for wannabe wonks.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/interactives/pollster-ratings/

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#114Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/15/16 at 10:47am

There have been vispers that Trump is mentioned in the Panama Papers over 3,000 times.

But the American public is so apathetic, the real question is will anyone care or is it like Hillary's emails?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Jordan Catalano
#115Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/15/16 at 10:51am

I don't think most of America knows about the Panama papers, so I doubt they'd care much if there is a "bombshell" in them about Trump. I think most people have accepted that nothing will hurt him. He's been accused of everything from money laundering to rape and his supporters still love him. 

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#116Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/15/16 at 11:18am

I think part of his success in that area has been his constant reinforcement of the distrust of, quote, "the media".  As though thousands of different outlets are part of some shadowy cabal conspiring to destroy white, working class Americans.  He already knows that they distrust "the media" and by basically telling them that everything they read or see in "the media" is a lie, he's made himself virtually indestructible to these constituencies.  

javero Profile Photo
javero
#117Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/15/16 at 11:20am

Judge rules in favor of House Republicans in Obamacare lawsuit

The ruling will likely be appealed.  At issue here really is what some consider to be the unchecked use of executive orders that has been commonplace since FDR.  Several members of congress have POTUS-envy.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#118Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/15/16 at 12:30pm

Ah, yes.  Curse the media that made you.  There are a LOT of problems with the media as this race has repulsively revealed, but lack of Trump coverage sure ain't one of them.  I am so sick of the bastard, I can't take anymore.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#119Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/15/16 at 12:54pm

The question isn't the quantity of the media attention given to Trump, but the quality.  He's gotten tons of free media exposure with very little scrutiny.  In my opinion, America's obsession with reality TV has inured many to Trump.  We've been overrun by Dance Moms, Housewives, Kardashians, Hell's Kitchen, etc., that too many people find his behavior acceptable.

Jordan Catalano
#120Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/15/16 at 2:08pm

Let's not throw Hells Kitchen into the mix. lol

South Florida
#121Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/15/16 at 7:35pm

You gals and guys should do what Clinton has, forget the primary, if he dosen't come along he's an asshole, and stop trying to tell us in the Bernie camp that we're being unreasonable, we've given up, we stopped giving money, we want her over Trump so get off the subject please, and start talking to your Bernie crazies.

Stephanatic

mar6411
#122Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/15/16 at 7:48pm

That string of words you just posted does not form any kind of coherent thought and I'm not sure what you are trying to say - if anything.

South Florida
#123Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/15/16 at 7:51pm

Lay off Bernie supporters like she has.

Stephanatic

Jordan Catalano
#124Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory
Posted: 5/15/16 at 7:52pm

This is how I picture South Florida at the keyboard.

Clinton vs. Trump: The Path to Victory