pixeltracker

Breaking News: TUCK EVERLASTING to Close This Weekend- Page 3

Breaking News: TUCK EVERLASTING to Close This Weekend

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#50Breaking News: TUCK EVERLASTING to Close This Weekend
Posted: 5/25/16 at 3:39am

darquegk said: "Did they record an album? Because, while I'm sorry for the cast and crew moving on, if the creatives got a record made, it's Mission Accomplished for a little-show-that-could like this one. Record means exposure, Broadway run means legitimacy, they'll get licensed, and TUCK will have a better life out of NYC than it ever could have in.

"

Yes. It's out in June digitally, July physically.

....but the world goes 'round

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#51Breaking News: TUCK EVERLASTING to Close This Weekend
Posted: 5/25/16 at 3:44am

So sad! When does the King and I close?

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#52Breaking News: TUCK EVERLASTING to Close This Weekend
Posted: 5/25/16 at 4:32am

Sad times. Not surprising, given the numbers, but sad all the same. Such a talented cast, and I feel particularly bad for the kids in involved who'll no learn how tough this business in very early one.

I agree with what others have sad though, this is have a good life in community theater and high school productions. I'm glad most shows seem to budget in the expense for the cast recording from the get-go these days so the music gets preserved (which will also help the licensing).

Any idea what's going into the Broadhurst next?

(P.S. I find the lack of snark very refreshing)

¿Macavity?
#53Breaking News: TUCK EVERLASTING to Close This Weekend
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:06am

Sorry, I'm late to this thread, but wow! I'm truly surprised to hear that it's closing this soon! I mean, before the Tonys? Jeez...

fan1bsb97
#54Breaking News: TUCK EVERLASTING to Close This Weekend
Posted: 5/25/16 at 7:08am

No! I was supposed to see it next Friday, June 3. How does this work? Do I get an automatic refund or do I need to call or go to the theater?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#55Breaking News: TUCK EVERLASTING to Close This Weekend
Posted: 5/25/16 at 7:51am

I'd call the theater to be sure but normally they do an automatic refund. 

BTW, will Tuck still be performing at the Tony's?!?!?!?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#56Breaking News: TUCK EVERLASTING to Close This Weekend
Posted: 5/25/16 at 7:58am

Wick3 said: "I'd call the theater to be sure but normally they do an automatic refund. 

BTW, will Tuck still be performing at the Tony's?!?!?!?

"

Why would they? They aren't nominated for best musical. I would assume the producers just want to end it.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#57Breaking News: TUCK EVERLASTING to Close This Weekend
Posted: 5/25/16 at 8:15am

While this was one of my lest favorite musical offerings of the season, I am still sad for the cast and all involved. A lot of time was spent on this show (as with any show), and it's too bad they couldn't make it work. Wishing everyone involved the very best!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

neonlightsxo
#58Breaking News: TUCK EVERLASTING to Close This Weekend
Posted: 5/25/16 at 8:33am

The Tony performances haven't been announced yet. But I doubt they were going to, anyway. If they're closing so soon, they're out of money.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#59Breaking News: TUCK EVERLASTING to Close This Weekend
Posted: 5/25/16 at 8:50am

I liked the set design.  Does anyone know what happened to Jonathan Burke?  He was seen in the rehearsal footage, and is listed on IBDB, but when I saw the show in previews, he wasn't listed in the Playbill.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Latest Posts

Videos