pixeltracker

Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway

Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway

bigbelterbaby
#1Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/26/24 at 9:52pm

In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, when asked what’s next for her, Rudolph said she wants to do Broadway! I imagine perhaps a straight play comedy, although we know she can sing as well. Any dream cast roles for her? 

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/26/24 at 9:59pm

I hope it’s something new. But whatever it is, I’m so here for that!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/26/24 at 10:13pm

She’s replacing Donna McKechnie in WICKED. 

inception Profile Photo
inception
#4Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/27/24 at 12:54am

Has anyone ever adapted Garson Kanin's My Favorite Wife/Move Over Darling for the stage? 

Just trying to think of a fun story with a good lead role for a comedic actress.  The bones are good, and could be easily updated.  I'm actually surprised it was never remade again in the late 80's/early 90's with someone like Bette Midler or Goldie Hawn when they had all their hit comedies.

Updated On: 5/27/24 at 12:54 AM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#5Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/27/24 at 12:59am

Mama Morton in Chicago 6-8 weeks?

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

pmensky
#6Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/27/24 at 1:09am

She’d be a good Vera in Mame.

greensgreens Profile Photo
greensgreens
#7Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/27/24 at 9:51am

Why not Mame herself? Has Alison Janney aged out of Vera? I would pay really good money to see those two!

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
#8Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/27/24 at 10:08am

Obviously this show just ended, and idk if she could sing this, but her Lady of the Lake would be hilarious.

"In here, life is beautiful"

inception Profile Photo
inception
#9Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/27/24 at 10:21am

greensgreens said: "Why not Mame herself? Has Alison Janney aged out of Vera? I would pay really good money to see those two!"

The show, & most especially the title song, would need to be either completely revised or just deleted from the score. Not with all the lyrics about how she makes the cotton easy to pick, or how the South will rise again.

Mame is one of my favorite scores, but parts of it are just is too problematic in this era.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#10Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/27/24 at 11:31am

Years ago I said she would have killed it as Sally Bowles in the Mendes revival. 

Hell. Get her as Donna. Wiig as Tanya and Molly Shannon or Ana Gasteyer as Rosie for an all-star Mamma Mia Revival.  

WindyNewYorker
#11Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/27/24 at 11:44am

Why not “A Christmas Story” for this X’mas season first. Is there any theater available? 

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#12Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/27/24 at 11:46am

She certainly would not do a not-going-to-happen production of a Christmas story 

greensgreens Profile Photo
greensgreens
#13Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/27/24 at 11:47am

inception said: "greensgreens said: "Why not Mame herself? Has Alison Janney aged out of Vera? I would pay really good money to see those two!"

The show, & most especially the title song, would need to be either completely revised or just deleted from the score. Not with all the lyrics about how she makes the cotton easy to pick, or how the South will rise again.

Mame is one of my favorite scores, but parts of it arejust is too problematic in this era.
"

Immediately after I posted, I thought of that. Maybe someone could write a new star vehicle in a similar vein? What about an adaptation of Charles Busch's bio (he could even write the book!) with her as the Aunt?

The Pecan Sandies
#14Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/27/24 at 12:01pm

I have always held a secret hope that she would do a one woman show on Broadway similar to what Gilda Radner did in the 70’s. I would pay a lot of money just to hear her sing her version of the national anthem. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#15Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/27/24 at 12:54pm

I feel like she would be great in something like a FRANKIE & JOHNNY-esque two-hander play .

Then again, audiences have expectations - so I feel like she would need something musical-comedy. Winnifred in ONCE UPON A MATTRESS (if it had any expectations to extend) would’ve been a great idea.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#16Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/27/24 at 1:00pm

Supposedly she is in talks for a new, upcoming play.

Oh look, a bibu!

Speed
#17Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/27/24 at 3:15pm

BRIDESMAIDS: THE MUSICAL starring Rudolph and Wiig

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#18Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/27/24 at 3:20pm

Speed said: "BRIDESMAIDS: THE MUSICAL starring Rudolph and Wiig"

This’ll never happen. Both Wiig and Annie Mumolo, who wrote the Oscar nominated script, and all actresses who were in the film, are all against touching BRIDESMAIDS, which is why a sequel never will happen nor even any form of a remake. 

hearthemsing22
#19Maya Rudolph wants to do Broadway
Posted: 5/29/24 at 8:36am

BrodyFosse123 said: "Speed said: "BRIDESMAIDS: THE MUSICAL starring Rudolph and Wiig"

This’ll never happen. Both Wiig and Annie Mumolo, who wrote the Oscar nominated script, and all actresses who were in the film, are all against touching BRIDESMAIDS, which is why a sequel never will happen nor even any form of a remake.
"

Thank God. They need to leave that perfection alone. 

Videos