pixeltracker

Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??- Page 6

Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#125Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 9:09am

It' s highly unlikely that the date is incorrect. Sorry.   And if Javier take over the role (which most suspect he will) he is, by all accounts, WONDERFUL.  Many think he's better then Lin.  (I've only seen Lin, so I'm really hoping to catch Javi later in July.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

kr123
#126Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 9:11am

I *am* really hoping it's Javier who takes over!  :)

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#127Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 9:22am

I hear he may reprise his portrayal of the role on a Carnival Cruise in 2023, but I can't cite the source. Look, it is in the blogosphere, so don't dismiss it too capriciously. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 6/3/16 at 09:22 AM

neonlightsxo
#128Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 9:38am

It's not off by a few days. That's the weekends the contracts end.

SueBee06
#129Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 10:20am

dramamama611 said: "My understanding of Lin's "opening" the Chicago cast was that he was going to get it off the ground with casting and rehearsals, but I never saw anything implying he would be part of the cast.

"

That was my understanding as well.

Mediamaven2
#130Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 11:45am

neonlightsxo said: "It's not off by a few days. That's the weekends the contracts end.

Also, unfortunately -- just to add icing to the proverbial cake -- I am sorry but my experience as a careful tea leaves/media watcher is that when a story receives this much attention, if it is NOT true, a stmt denying is issued. It could be as simple from the producers  as "when we are ready to announce a departure date we will .. " blah blah

There is no denial.  There is silence. All (cast, producers, etc) are letting the stories just hang...Because they can't deny a departure date is fixed, and they can't deny the date associated with it. 

"

Mediamaven2
#131Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 11:53am

PS Just to add that now the hype is all finally making me sick. 

I love the show, love Lin. But the entire OBC is great. I've been lucky enough to see it several times with the entire OBC and once with Javier. Javier is wonderful.  Lin is exciting to watch, but let's face it. The show entirely holds its own without him.  To make a huge deal over his exit I feel unfairly detracts from every other featured cast member who is so worth seeing.  The real bargain perhaps - assuming no one else hightails out after July 9 - is to get tickets for AFTER 7/9!!!   (Just kidding, all the asking prices are outrageous IMHO.) 

MinervaMoon Profile Photo
MinervaMoon
#132Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 1:24pm

seriously13 said: "(I also bet he can't wait to cut his hair!)"

This is the most tragic part of the entire proceedings.

Hamilton Emotional Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hamiltonsupport/

madela2
#133Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 8:01pm

It's bothering me that all the headlines read something like 'LMM announces exit date from Hamilton'. I don't doubt the date and the info but he didn't announce and there wasn't anything official released, was there?

Maybe I missed something other than the Hollywood Reporter article.
Are they just forgoing an official announcement now that the correct date is out there?

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#134Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
Posted: 6/3/16 at 8:15pm

madela2 said: "It's bothering me that all the headlines read something like 'LMM announces exit date from Hamilton'. I don't doubt the date and the info but he didn't announce and there wasn't anything official released, was there?

Maybe I missed something other than the Hollywood Reporter article.
Are they just forgoing an official announcement now that the correct date is out there?
"

You missed nothing; an official announcement has not been made. I assume we'll get an official announcement and some tweets from LMM about it probably around the end of June.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."