pixeltracker

Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement- Page 2

Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#25Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement
Posted: 6/23/16 at 11:23am

Auggie27 said: "Tonight is sold out?  I was thinking of TKTS tonight.  No?

"

not up there. checked Telecharge and there's about 5 seats left. Try asking about SRO at the box office.

https://www.tdf.org/nyc/81/Available-Shows?loc=sssp

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#26Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement
Posted: 6/23/16 at 11:33am

I just checked.  Yet there's plenty of mezz for Friday and Saturday.  

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#27Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement
Posted: 6/25/16 at 11:16am

Does anyone know how rush was this morning?

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

gimlet2
#28Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement
Posted: 6/25/16 at 11:36am

Freckles1329 said: "Does anyone know how rush was this morning?

"

Crowded - 45-50 ppl by 8, over 100 by 9:30. Then one of the box office folks came out and announced there would be 12 rush tickets per show, some $45 balc boxes and $69 balc and after that, $145+ seats with 12 SRO sold an hour before showtime.

If you're wondering about Sunday, there will no rush, yes SRO.

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#29Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement
Posted: 6/25/16 at 11:47am

Ahh okay. Thanks for the info!

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#30Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement
Posted: 6/25/16 at 1:02pm

Thx for the info as well. I just looked at TKTS and for the matinee today there is 40% off tix. We'll see at 3pm whether there will be evening tix available. 

As for south street seaport location, Bright Star tix for tomorrow's matinee (aka last performance) is not available.

VintageSnarker
#31Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement
Posted: 6/25/16 at 5:24pm

Can anyone confirm the no rush announcement for the last Sunday matinee tomorrow?

gimlet2
#32Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement
Posted: 6/25/16 at 6:52pm

VintageSnarker said: "Can anyone confirm the no rush announcement for the last Sunday matinee tomorrow?

"

I just asked the box office. No normal rush tickets tomorrow but SRO is effectively rush: about 12 $25 SRO tickets will be sold when box office opens at noon, limit 2 per person.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#33Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement
Posted: 6/26/16 at 7:17am

gimlet2 said: "I just asked the box office. No normal rush tickets tomorrow but SRO is effectively rush: about 12 $25 SRO tickets will be sold when box office opens at noon, limit 2 per person."

Wow. I just looked at telecharge and they still have a good number of mezz and side orch seats. I wonder if they'll go to TKTS? Either way, I wish them the best.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#34Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement
Posted: 6/26/16 at 7:24am

Great orchestra seats for the Saturday matinee at TKTS at 12:50.  The board said 30% but the tix were 40%.  Full house, beautiful show, cheered to the rafters.  Martin played the entr'acte. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#35Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement
Posted: 6/26/16 at 10:12am

Auggie27 said: "Great orchestra seats for the Saturday matinee at TKTS at 12:50.  The board said 30% but the tix were 40%.  Full house, beautiful show, cheered to the rafters.  Martin played the entr'acte. 

"

Cool! I walked by the Cort a few minutes ago and there were around 8-10 people waiting outside.

valerie3058 Profile Photo
valerie3058
#36Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement
Posted: 6/27/16 at 12:09am

I ended up not rushing the show (I woke up with a migraine from hell that made me extremely nauseous) and I'm kicking myself for it. I am glad and grateful that I got to see it the three times I did in March. I hope it finds fans regionally (not sure it'll tour but one can hope!) and it lives on. It's a beautiful show gone too soon.

Another question: for people that saw it closing night or pre-closing night (I guess it goes back to the opening night and closing night threads), how was the show and the energy? Was there any closing night speeches or did anything unique happening? My curiosity is getting the better of me. 

ChiTheaterFan
#37Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement
Posted: 6/27/16 at 12:12am

Hi Valerie. I posted my thoughts on today's show on this thread:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1094262&dt=25

Sorry you missed it. It was a special show indeed. 

valerie3058 Profile Photo
valerie3058
#38Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement
Posted: 6/27/16 at 12:24am

Just saw! What a wonderful thread. I'm gonna be kicking myself for a long while for it, but I hope the show lives on in some way. 

Videos