pixeltracker

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END- Page 3

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END

nellyxoxo1
#50MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:21pm

UncleCharlie said: "I used to think FOR COLORED GIRLS WHO HAVE CONSIDERED SUICIDE / WHEN THE RAINBOW IS ENUF was the best title for a Broadway show possible. Now I'm pretty sure it's MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END.

Let's dreamcast. Who should play nellyxoxo1? Jeremy?

"LMFAO

godlessondheimite
#51MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:27pm

UncleCharlie said: 
Let's dreamcast. Who should play nellyxoxo1? Jeremy?"

Laura Benanti and Andy Mientus

laugard
#53MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:30pm

I can understand feeling upset if the Richard Rodgers staff did tell everyone to come back at 5:30 and then disregarded that. Totally within their right and there are no set rules, but still a bummer given you'd been waiting. I don't understand, however, being upset with or blaming, the random folks that did get in, or even "Jeremy" for that matter. You said even after explaining to them, that the folks who'd just shown up (not necessarily even knowing what to expect) didn't care you'd all been waiting. Well, they were being told by theater staff they'd been selected to see the show. What would you expect? Did you think they should decline or step aside when it's the staff themselves telling them to go in?

As for Jeremy, he may be a jerk for all I know. But I don't really see where he deserves so much vitriol or to have his picture posted either. Yes, he complained apparently. But it was still the RR that decided to handle the situation however they wanted. And for all that you resent him causing a fuss, he had as much right and reason to feel the setup and self-imposed "rules" were unfair (especially as far as people from the line not being present), as you all did feeling everyone should abide by them. Unfortunately the bottom line is they weren't official guidelines handed down by the theater, so there was always a risk of something changing or happening.

AnnieBlack
#54MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:32pm

Nelly- On your twitter account you said that you got stub hub tickets for today. Your posting on this board as of 3:25pm- are you posting from your seat or did your stub hub tickets not come through? 

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#55MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:33pm

Here's the final thought (in case you don't have the inclination to watch the entire video):

"The next time you miss your train, your burger is not hot enough, or someone cuts in line, remember how special this made-up, human world is. Maybe it's not worth being upset about all those little things."

nellyxoxo1
#56MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:35pm

PThespian said: "I don't get it. There's an incredibly long thread of people sharing their experiences with the cancellation line. What time they arrived, how many people were there, who got in, what they brought with them, even how many times people took potty breaks all in an effort to provide valuable information to others who might be considering doing the line. 

If I was going to do the line I think the information the OP provided would be incredibly useful. 

Why the negativity towards her?

"cause apparently we're all privileged and entitled millennials who should spend all our savings on hamilton tickets even though the cancellation line is an option for everyone. you know, just usual hate for the younger generation from the older bitter one. Don't worry about it. I hope you find this information useful and know what you're heading into as Lin, Leslie's and Phillipa's departure date comes closer. 

nellyxoxo1
#57MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:36pm

AnnieBlack said: "Nelly- On your twitter account you said that you got stub hub tickets for today. Your posting on this board as of 3:25pm- are you posting from your seat or did your stub hub tickets not come through? 

"what? I don't have stub hub tickets? I can't afford them lol

AnnieBlack
#58MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:37pm

Jordan- on the link for tumblr page she posted, she says the twitter page is: https://twitter.com/laurenleialoha 

nellyxoxo1
#59MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:39pm

John Adams said: "Here's the final thought (in case you don't have the inclination to watch the entire video):

"The next time you miss your train, your burger is not hot enough, or someone cuts in line, remember how special this made-up, human world is. Maybe it's not worth being upset about all those little things."

"I'll get over it, i know for sure. It's just upsetting right now. Life goes on, that's the way of things. Just trying to vent my frustration. This is strangely therapeutic. I mean, i'm still upset but, strangely i feel a little better.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#60MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:39pm

At least now we know why Lin is leaving the show - so he doesn't have to put up with sh*t like this being tweeted to him constantly, like he's the line daddy and in charge of it. 

nellyxoxo1
#61MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:40pm

AnnieBlack said: "Jordan- on the link for tumblr page she posted, she says the twitter page is: https://twitter.com/laurenleialoha 

"no! that's not me! That's another girl that was in line with me!

nsguy45 Profile Photo
nsguy45
#62MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:40pm

Jeremy looks like he's 14 years old.

There should be a separate line to refill all the seats left empty by those who leave the theater at intermission, having endured Act I.

nellyxoxo1
#63MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:41pm

Jordan Catalano said: "At least now we know why Lin is leaving the show - so he doesn't have to put up with sh*t like this being tweeted to him constantly, like he's the line daddy and in charge of it. 

"nope. I would never dream of bothering the cast with this. It's not their fault and i know they have absolutely nothing to do with this. would never even consider bringing them in to this. some people did yesterday but thats not the way i roll

ashk8177
#64MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:43pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Wait, I still don't really understand what the problem is. What is the issue that you are raising? Honestly, nobody should really ever get involved with the cancellation line expecting a happy result.

The issue is that the RR employees have told the people in the line one thing and abided by another, completely out of the blue and without warning. This has nothing to do with the OP being entitled or thinking she is special. I don't see how it is just for people who had been waiting for four days to lose out to people who just walked up. 

nellyxoxo1
#65MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:44pm

Jordan Catalano said: "What's Nellys Twitter?

"it's @lee_ohh_neh_la but it's private, I'm sorry

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#66MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:46pm

nsguy45 said: "Jeremy looks like he's 14 years old.

There should be a separate line to refill all the seats left empty by those who leave the theater at intermission, having endured Act I.

"

Lol does this really happen that much? 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#67MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:47pm

So your Twitter is private but you don't mind posting Jeremy's photo to the entire world, violating his privacy?

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#68MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:48pm

Nelly, sorry to hear that this happened to you, although as others have said, this board might not have been the place to get any sympathy. (Also, I say this without any sarcasm or ill will, but might I suggest avoiding using the word "literally" in its exaggerated/slang sense? It's pretty much a trigger for a lot of sarcasm to start heading your way). For whatever it's worth, I don't think you sounded entitled (although your choice to try waiting for the main cast was a definite gamble that simply didn't pay off, sorry), just upset that an established pattern that was working got broken for no apparent reason. Which I would be too- once an expectation is created, even an unofficial one, it can be quite frustrating to have it suddenly changed with no warning.

It's nice, however, to hear how well the "unofficial" line policy worked up to this point. With all the hype around Hamilton, it's actually lovely to hear that people are civil enough to abide by rules that aren't even set by the theater itself and "play fair", so to speak. 

nellyxoxo1
#69MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:50pm

Jordan Catalano said: "So your Twitter is private but you don't mind posting Jeremy's photo to the entire world, violating his privacy?

" Jeremy was posting pictures of us and the line sitter who was trying to keep oder yesterday and blasting him on twitter. It's not even my picture, I found it on a Facebook group created by someone else who was in the line yesterday. It just so happens that because of him 20 people got screwed over so that's why his picture is being posted around the Hamilton tag. 

nellyxoxo1
#70MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:52pm

bwayrose7 said: "Nelly, sorry to hear that this happened to you, although as others have said, this board might not have been the place to get any sympathy. (Also, I say this without any sarcasm or ill will, but might I suggest avoiding using the word "literally" in its exaggerated/slang sense? It's pretty much a trigger for a lot of sarcasm to start heading your way). For whatever it's worth, I don't think you sounded entitled (although your choice to try waiting for the main cast was a definite gamble that simply didn't pay off, sorry), just upset that an established pattern that was working got broken for no apparent reason. Which I would be too- once an expectation is created, even an unofficial one, it can be quite frustrating to have it suddenly changed with no warning.

It's nice, however, to hear how well the "unofficial" line policy worked up to this point. With all the hype around Hamilton, it's actually lovely to hear that people are civil enough to abide by rules that aren't even set by the theater itself and "play fair", so to speak. 

"yeah, we went by an "honor code" was what someone on the line called it. The theater worked with it perfectly for those few days and suddenly they just decided not to. It's upsetting but what can you do

laugard
#71MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:54pm

See, and this is where I lose all sympathy, because you continue to insist on blaming Jeremy, for something the Richard Rodgers staff decided to do. (Or perhaps you didn't read my other reply.) The fact is, he had as much right to complain about the self-created unofficial rules not being fair as you did to insist everyone else should follow them. And ultimately it's up to the staff at the theater to do what they want anyway as that's all they were - self-policing rules with no real standing.

nellyxoxo1
#72MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:58pm

laugard said: "See, and this is where I lose all sympathy, because you continue to insist on blaming Jeremy, for something the Richard Rodgers staff decided to do. (Or perhaps you didn't read my other reply.) The fact is, he had as much right to complain about the self-created unofficial rules not being fair as you did to insist everyone else should follow them. And ultimately it's up to the staff at the theater to do what they want anyway as that's all they were - self-policing rules with no real standing.

"It was his email that prompted the staff to stop working with the line. Up to that point everything was working perfectly but then the line guy yesterday said they received an email complaint and that's where all the craziness started. On a level, i understand that he was just trying to get tickets but he went about it in such a rude way that ended up screwing over people that have been there for days

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#73MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 3:58pm

nellyxoxo1 said: "I'll get over it, i know for sure. It's just upsetting right now. Life goes on, that's the way of things. Just trying to vent my frustration. This is strangely therapeutic. I mean, i'm still upset but, strangely i feel a little better."

I can definitely see how investing all that time would be extremely frustrating. I'm truly glad you feel a little better. I was also happy to read about the positive camaraderie you experienced in the line.

So... rhetorical questions: What have you learned, and would you do it again?

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#74MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 4:04pm

Jeremy cheated on you, didn't he?

nellyxoxo1
#75MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
Posted: 6/26/16 at 4:04pm

John Adams said: "nellyxoxo1 said: "I'll get over it, i know for sure. It's just upsetting right now. Life goes on, that's the way of things. Just trying to vent my frustration. This is strangely therapeutic. I mean, i'm still upset but, strangely i feel a little better."

I can definitely see how investing all that time would be extremely frustrating. I'm truly glad you feel a little better. I was also happy to read about the positive camaraderie you experienced in the line.

So... rhetorical questions: What have you learned, and would you do it again?

"I'm not going to say I learned that going into something, not to expect the outcome you want because I know this already. It's just that I talked to 5 different people who had done the line before and all they had nothing but positive experiences so I thought, eh why not the same for myself? I think this whole experience has given more depth to the phrase "expect the unexpected" in the end. And thank you, I really do feel a lot better. Reading other people's comments, wether positive or not has helped put this experience into perspective in a way. Also talking or writing it out really has helped. I'm home alone right now since i don't start work until tomorrow so "talking" about it has helped instead of just pathetically wallowing in misery so thanks to everyone whose written and responded back lol