pixeltracker

COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced- Page 7

COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced

Margo319
#150COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/10/17 at 7:10pm

I cannot WAIT to see this in March.  I am so excited that after 6 long years, Chad Kimball is BACK on Broadway!!!

persephone88
#151COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/10/17 at 7:27pm

I saw it at Ford's which is a more intimate space, front of the right orchestra. The stage set up is very malleable, with chairs being continuously rearranged to change the setting - from a bar to the air traffic control room to the plane itself, etc. It was neat to look down and see the whole stage, esp.in the scenes on the plane where you could see every passenger's face clearly, and had a clear view of the passengers at the "back" of the plane. It is very much an ensemble piece with characters interacting all over the stage throughout, and I felt like the mezz gave us a great "big picture" view.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#152COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/10/17 at 7:41pm

I can't wait for this!! 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#153COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/10/17 at 9:54pm

Just looked at the cast list. Wow, along with Chad, Kendra Kassbaum and Rodney Hicks are in it. Also a fave of mine, Tamika Lawrence.

Just give the world Love.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#154COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/12/17 at 12:16pm

just ordered tickets for Feb. 26 with the discount. Seats were limited, but got a pair in the orchestra for $69.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#155COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/14/17 at 11:24am

Forgive me if this has been previously discussed, but I heard there was a special discount for one week of previews or something like that for tickets under $40? After a quick Google search I didn't see anything, so hoping someone here can advise. Thanks!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#156COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/14/17 at 11:41am

^ looking for this as well! 

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#157COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/14/17 at 11:48am

CFFAM213

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#158COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/14/17 at 12:12pm

^I am assuming that is a Telecharge code or? 

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#159COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/14/17 at 12:19pm

Yes, Telechargeoffers

Hairspray0901
#160COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/14/17 at 12:21pm

The code is for 4 dates :) got tickets for next Wednesday! Can't wait!!! $50 each for front mezz! Woo. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#161COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/14/17 at 9:27pm

FYI, the four dates are:

Sunday, Feb. 19 @ 7pm

Tuesday, Feb. 21 @ 8pm

Wednesday, Feb. 22 @ 8pm

Thursday, Feb. 23 @ 8pm

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#162COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/14/17 at 9:28pm

Enjoy it, guys! You're in for a real treat :)

massofmen
#163COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/15/17 at 10:54am

this and groundhog day really interest me from a selling standpoint. I think the only way this show has a shot is with multiple tony noms and at least a win in something. I know the operating costs cannot be that high (small cast no real set) so it doesn't have to do boffo biz but im just really interested to see how this goes. I know the word of mouth has been wonderful where ever its been so maybe it will be a groundwell of support. 

Groundhog day i think is DOA but who knows. I just don't understand how they are going to sell high enough tix prices to somehow recoup that 16.5 million dollar capitalization with a niche movie musical. I think i said before, groundhog day needs to win the tony or its days are numbered. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#164COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/17/17 at 11:52am

ACL2006 said: "FYI, the four dates are:

Sunday, Feb. 19 @ 7pm

Tuesday, Feb. 21 @ 8pm

Wednesday, Feb. 22 @ 8pm

Thursday, Feb. 23 @ 8pm
"

Agh I couldn't find 2 seats together at any of the dates. I plan to do rush for this within the next 2 weeks so I can have an opinion of the show. I'll admit I judged the show based on its association with 9/11 earlier but really do hope I'll be taken away to love this show. :)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#165COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/17/17 at 12:42pm

The $38 seats were advertised on their Facebook page, so seats probably went quickly.

Is anyone going tomorrow?

Margo319
#166COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/17/17 at 3:47pm

There is a ton of interest in Groundhog Day and it's selling very well.  The first flop of the year will probably be Amelie.  

massofmen
#167COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/17/17 at 4:11pm

How do you have any idea how groundhog day is selling?

HSky
#168COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/17/17 at 4:39pm

I think seats went fast with the code. I got it via Show Score and decided I'd save the fees by going to the box office to redeem the Come From Away code when I was up on Wednesday. I hadn't even finished reading off the code when the box office attendant said he thought eligible seats were sold out for Sunday. I only needed a single, so he worked some magic and it sounded like he found me a cancellation, but as I was leaving, he asked me about the origin of the code.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#169COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT
Posted: 2/17/17 at 6:12pm

Margo319 said: "There is a ton of interest in Groundhog Day and it's selling very well.  The first flop of the year will probably be Amelie.  

"

Not doubting you, but everything I've heard and read says different. How do you know this? How well is it selling? 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement