pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16
Posted: 7/27/16 at 1:53pm

Cats's premium price is rather "reasonable," considering. If you on Telecharge to snatch a ticket for Dear Evan Hansen after opening, some premium tickets go up to $225, and Waitress's premium has steadily topped $250 even since its previews.

rangersrule132
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16
Posted: 7/27/16 at 2:27pm

im a moron 

Updated On: 7/27/16 at 02:27 PM

wcoyote
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16
Posted: 7/27/16 at 2:33pm

buhbuhbilly said: "Not that I think it's going anytime soon but I think there's something to note about The Book of Mormon's consistent decreasing numbers 

"Note that they went back to an 8 performance week from the prior 9.  Hence the reason for the dramatic decrease.  They're doing 9 performances this week as well...

VintageSnarker
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16
Posted: 7/27/16 at 3:05pm

I'm not begrudging Cats its success but I'll be happy when the fall and spring shows start coming in so I can do more than smile politely when people talk about Cats. If you can't say nice, don't say anything at all doesn't leave me with much to say.

neonlightsxo
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16
Posted: 7/27/16 at 3:15pm

rangersrule132 said: "Dear Evan Hansen tickets are priced a little too high in my opinion"

I'll make sure all Broadway producers know to consult you, rangersrule132, before pricing their tickets in the future.

God, this board.

Liza's Headband
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16
Posted: 7/27/16 at 3:54pm

rangersrule132 said: "Dear Evan Hansen tickets are priced a little too high in my opinion"

And what experience and/or knowledge and/or insight is your opinion based on?

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16
Posted: 7/27/16 at 4:11pm

If you understand the economics of small theatre producing, of the Belasco configuration or of premium-to-discount pricing (and its fluidity), I can't imagine how you can say that, unless what you are saying is that you think all tickets are priced too high. The top rack rate for the show is under $150 which most people would say is reasonable (in context).

rangersrule132
#32Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16
Posted: 7/27/16 at 5:44pm

"
If you understand the economics of small theatre producing, of the Belasco configuration or of premium-to-discount pricing (and its fluidity), I can't imagine how you can say that, unless what you are saying is that you think all tickets are priced too high. The top rack rate for the show is under $150 which most people would say is reasonable (in context).

"

Well you know... I really don't know the economics of small theatre producing I'm sorry. And have no prior knowledge or experience that I am going off of, just simply throwing an opinion out here. Which, looking back on it now I probably should have just kept in my head.

Updated On: 7/27/16 at 05:44 PM

Harrisonmlewis Profile Photo
Harrisonmlewis
#34Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16
Posted: 7/27/16 at 7:30pm

How long will Gloria and Emilio be able to sustain On Your Feet? I'm curious if the Marquis will be available this season.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#35Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16
Posted: 7/27/16 at 7:54pm

rangersrule132 said: "Well you know... I really don't know the economics of small theatre producing I'm sorry. And have no prior knowledge or experience that I am going off of, just simply throwing an opinion out here. Which, looking back on it now I probably should have just kept in my head."

You have every right, and I encourage you, to throw an opinion out here, and that opinion is certainly valid. I assumed you were trying to make an analytical comment, and that's how I answered it, although you'll note I did leave open the possibility you were just complaining generally about ticket prices. It is of course true that many/most people who go to the theatre don't care diddly squat about the economics of the theatre. (Yet some of us, against all odds, do.) By the same token, the sun rises every morning with absolutely no knowledge of thermodynamics. 

Harrisonmlewis
#36Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16
Posted: 7/27/16 at 8:05pm

May I add that I saw Dear Evan Hansen off Broadway and it is worth it. Seriously get your tickets now because this is the next Tony winner.

rangersrule132
#37Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16
Posted: 7/27/16 at 8:34pm

HogansHero said: "rangersrule132 said: "Well you know... I really don't know the economics of small theatre producing I'm sorry. And have no prior knowledge or experience that I am going off of, just simply throwing an opinion out here. Which, looking back on it now I probably should have just kept in my head."

You have every right, and I encourage you, to throw an opinion out here, and that opinion is certainly valid. I assumed you were trying to make an analytical comment, and that's how I answered it, although you'll note I did leave open the possibility you were just complaining generally about ticket prices. It is of course true that many/most people who go to the theatre don't care diddly squat about the economics of the theatre. (Yet some of us, against all odds, do.) By the same token, the sun rises every morning with absolutely no knowledge of thermodynamics. 

"

Thanks for explaining your line of thinking. I honestly love everything about the economics of the theatre and love learning more. Your post are extremely helpful and I have learned a lot from your posts!

BroadwayMan5
#38Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16
Posted: 7/27/16 at 10:20pm

Harrisonmlewis said: "How long will Gloria and Emilio be able to sustain On Your Feet? I'm curious if the Marquis will be available this season.

"

I think it will be. I think On Your Feet will close in late Dec/early Jan. Marquis might be a good place for The Bandstand?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#39Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16
Posted: 7/27/16 at 10:28pm

Personal, totally uninformed prediction: I think On Your Feet will be another victim of January 1, 2017. As for the Marquis' next tenant, I'm maybe thinking The WizSpongeBob, or Amélie

Harrisonmlewis
#40Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16
Posted: 7/28/16 at 3:19pm

Personally, I was hoping that the Bandstand would take the Music Box, but who knows. Also maybe Half Time could go into the Marquis also.

nycgogetter
#41Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16
Posted: 7/31/16 at 7:47pm

I thought Amélie already announced a theater.  I think Bandstand, Spongebob and The Wiz are all stalled.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#42Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/24/16
Posted: 7/31/16 at 9:00pm

Amélie has announced a Broadway trajectory following their run at the Ahmanson in Los Angeles this winter with Phillipa Soo. Nothing yet on venue or dates.