pixeltracker

Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater- Page 6

Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#125Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater
Posted: 11/17/16 at 1:56am

Didn't love the show or the score, but I'm happy to hear it again. 

neonlightsxo
#126Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater
Posted: 11/17/16 at 9:22am

BroadwayKiwi, wonderful, thanks!

I wouldn't take this as an indicator of any other Encores recordings. There is not a full recording of Rosewater, so there was a hope that this production would bring us one. We have recordings of Sunday in the Park.

neonlightsxo
AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#128Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater
Posted: 11/30/16 at 2:08pm

Long overdue -- it's amazing that no one ever tried to make a studio recording of this, or recorded the 2003 concert version. Better late than never though!

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#129Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater
Posted: 12/13/16 at 2:25pm

neonlightsxo said: "Ghostlight seems to get these albums out relatively quickly, so more good news!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Encores-Off-Center-Staging-of-GOD-BLESS-YOU-MR-ROSEWATER-Heads-to-the-Recording-Studio-20161130
"

How quickly is relatively quickly?  Anyone remember some of their recent timelines offhand?

neonlightsxo
#130Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater
Posted: 12/13/16 at 3:00pm

The She Loves Me Album was recorded in April and was out digitally by June.

MarilynMonroeSmash Profile Photo
MarilynMonroeSmash
#131Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater
Posted: 2/6/17 at 7:08pm

Does anyone know when the recording will be out? Thanks!

mattmarkowski99 Profile Photo
mattmarkowski99
#132Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater
Posted: 2/11/17 at 12:37am

Has anyone heard any word on the release of the album?

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#133Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater
Posted: 4/15/17 at 1:48am

Weird that there's still no release date, although it has a page on Sh-k-Boom's website now, and you can sign up to get updates about it.

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#134Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater
Posted: 6/27/17 at 7:46pm

I haven't gotten an email update, but Amazon now has the album listed with a release date of July 28.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#135Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater
Posted: 6/27/17 at 8:13pm

Oh, yay!!! So excited!

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

mpkie