pixeltracker

NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay- Page 4

NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay

Fosse76
#75NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 7/29/16 at 1:49pm

Back Row said: "Still no official announcement as far as casting. Although there appears to be little doubt that the filming will happen, it's beginning to look like the Jordan / Lindsay speculation is a bit premature. I'm sure it is something Disney would like to see happen, but negotiations can be a tricky thing, especially when one of the parties has to factor in a shooting schedule for a T.V. show that is filmed in Vancouver.  Hopefully, they'll get it worked out. "

Umm, no. While it's not clear where Playbill and Broadway World received their information, it was by both announced that Jordan and Lindsay would return to their respective roles for the filming, so that's not speculation. Playbill went on to state that some of the original cast will repeat their roles, but it isn't clear if they are simply referring to Jordan and Lindsay or if additional members of the original cast are expected to repeat their roles. I'm not sure why you think, only ONE day after it was announced, that the casting is a bit premature. 

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#76NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 7/29/16 at 2:02pm

My question:

If I buy tickets to see Newsies at the Pantages, will I be seeing Jeremy do the role?

Can someone please answer this simple question for me?

trpguyy
#77NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 7/29/16 at 2:36pm

lovebwy said: "My question:

If I buy tickets to see Newsies at the Pantages, will I be seeing Jeremy do the role?

Can someone please answer this simple question for me?
"

If you only want to see Jeremy in the role, it's safer to save your money and wait for an official announcement. 

Back Row
#78NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 7/29/16 at 2:50pm

While it's not clear where Playbill and Broadway World received their information, it was by both announced that Jordan and Lindsay would return to their respective roles for the filming, so that's not speculation. Playbill went on to state that some of the original cast will repeat their roles, but it isn't clear if they are simply referring to Jordan and Lindsay or if additional members of the original cast are expected to repeat their roles. I'm not sure why you think, only ONE day after it was announced, that the casting is a bit premature. 

If Playbill and BroadwayWorld are running true to form, there's a very good chance that one got its information from the other, who got it from God knows where. This isn't the New York Times. The standards don't have to be too rigid when you're dealing with a network that often relies very heavily on gossip. Everything about the story makes perfect sense, other than the fact that there has been no official announcement from Disney and that Jordan and Lindsay have been conspicuously silent in social media. That tells me that it is not a done deal. I hope it gets done, but until it's official, it's all just speculation as far as I'm concerned. 

Updated On: 7/29/16 at 02:50 PM

Fosse76
#79NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 7/29/16 at 4:53pm

Just because there was no "official" announcement does not mean that Broadway World nor Playbill are reporting speculation. Clearly they have solid information from a trustworthy source. There can be dozens of reasons why Jordan or Lindsay haven't made any announcement themselves. 

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#80NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 7/29/16 at 10:18pm

I've been a big fan of the film since I saw it opening weekend 20-whatever years ago, but for whatever reason, I kept missing this show when I was in NYC or the national tour, so I was really excited to get tickets for the tour this time around.  I've been looking forward to it all week.

Left at intermission.  I was really surprised at how bland and annoying I found it.  Like Kiss of the Spider Woman, the set was so busy, the actors seemed lost in it much of the time.  The goofy pop stylings of the ballads removed all structure of the melody.  No attention was paid to diction and combined with the bad mixing, most of the lyrics were indecipherable.  The dance team competition choreography just seemed completely out of place and rather pedestrian.  The direction was minimal paint-by-numbers and executed with the earnestness of Disney Channel daytime TV with about as much honesty.  The score is still mostly great, but knowing the show is front-loaded with the best songs, I knew I would fall asleep uncomfortably in the second act, so I opted to leave and maybe check it out when I'm doing laundry from the live stream.  

After all the bickering from the Newsies fans during the Tonys that season, I'm really glad I was finally able to confirm why Once won Best Musical.  It was magical and compelling and I didn't want it to end.  90 minutes of Newsies just felt dull and endless.  It's just a shame Once didn't take Best Choreography as well, considering it was so much more creative, organic and lovely to watch.  Newsies was the sort of thing I expected from a parade in the Magic Kingdom.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#81NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 7/30/16 at 3:54am

Matt, I had the exact same opinion when I saw the show.  I found it to be bland and overly commercial in every way.  I am happy to see it get filmed like this because I'm hoping that this will become a trend.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#82NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 7/30/16 at 2:40pm

Oh wow--Matt, we usually agree, but...  I think the Newsies movie is kinda awful.  Some effective numbers aside, it always ranks near the bottom of the barrel for me, when it comes to Disney live-action musicals.  I saw the musical on tour, but thought it was a big improvement (though still had issues--and *new* issues for the most part). 
I still wonder "What If" with the original plan for Menken and Feldman to do a live action musical of A Little Princess instead.  The song on Debbie Shapiro Gravitte's Menken album is amazing, and it probably would have been an easier sell than Newsies (then again, I never thought the movie would have the afterlife it had--I remember that my girlfriend--I know--I was obsessed with it, and that any 14 year old guy like myself stayed far away.)

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#83NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 7/30/16 at 5:13pm

Thoughts about Jordan's age? Love him, but... early 30s playing a character based on tween/early-teen boys? (look at pix of the real subjects & they look like they're ages 10-14). A live theater is a lot more forgiving than an HD movie-screen presentation or HD broadcast/stream... I still wanna see it, but this seems even odder than the "Rent" movie age disparities. (Not a huge deal obviously; just the first thing that popped into my head reading this.)

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#84NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 7/31/16 at 2:47am

In Santa Fe, the character sings that he is 17, so not really early teens, but your basic point still stands.  Personally, it doesn't bother me.  Having seen/heard Jeremy Jordan perform the role onstage, his rendition of Santa Fe was beyond thrilling.  No one else that i saw, on tour or on Broadway, could even come close to evoking the tears and gut-wrenching heartbreak that Jordan pulled out of me during that song.  I am thrilled that he will have a performance of his being recorded. 

Besides, the character seems to be an "old soul" type, judging from this lyric in Santa Fe:

"I ain't gettin' any younger, and i wanna start brand new",

so having someone older than 17 play the character doesn't seem like a problem to me. And the way Jordan sang that line was like an emotional punch in the gut.  I will pre-order a dvd the day they announce it. 

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#85NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 8/10/16 at 3:10pm

Newsies Director Jeff Calhoun posted this as part of his Broadway Sleep Out campaign (which is a great cause for Convenant House if you feel like donating along the way):

With a small donation of $20 or more, YOU AND THREE FRIENDS can WIN THE CHANCE to be JEFF’S GUESTS at the live digital capture of NEWSIES at the Pantages Theatre, in HOLLYWOOD. See JEREMY JORDAN, Kara Lindsay, Andrew Keenan-Bolger and Ben Fankhauser recreate their Original Broadway Roles along with an ALL-STAR NEWSIES CAST, SELECTED SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS ONE NIGHT ONLY EVENT!

Each donation of $20 or more made on behalf of Jeff Calhoun between August 10th and 12pm on August 16th will earn you a chance to win four tickets to see this special, invitation-only performance of NEWSIES on Sunday, September 11th at 7:00pm at the Pantages Theater on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles, California. The winner will also receive a backstage tour after the show!

http://covhou.convio.net/site/TR?px=1660701&fr_id=1721&pg=personal

trpguyy
#86NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 8/10/16 at 3:18pm

Whoops, look like someone forgot to tell Jeff to keep it under wraps. 

Y'all still sticking with that "they'd never film for a week" stance?

Updated On: 8/10/16 at 03:18 PM

Fosse76
#87NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 8/10/16 at 3:37pm

Well, there's been no official announcement either, so it's still all just speculation!

jimmycurry01
#88NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 8/10/16 at 3:43pm

trpguyy said: "Y'all still sticking with that "they'd never film for a week" stance?

"

Donations are being accepted for a week long period of time for a chance to win tickets to a one night invitation only performance in which filming will be taking place. There is still no word that they will be filming for an entire week. Not that it matters.

trpguyy
#89NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 8/10/16 at 3:55pm

Because they need an audience to cut into all that filming they did earlier in the week.

They're also going to get a nice CA tax credit too, if anyone cares.

Updated On: 8/10/16 at 03:55 PM

jimmycurry01
#90NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 8/10/16 at 4:50pm

trpguyy said: "Because they need an audience to cut into all that filming they did earlier in the week.

"

They ma I deed get a tax credit, and they may indeed take a full week to film it, but to insist it is a fact before it has been announced is what makes you seem a bit ridiculous. While circumstantial evidence seems to point that way, you still have nothing concrete to go on. Those who question the likelihood of a full week of filming are basing those questions on the the precedent set by that have been filmed in three performances or less.

The difference between you and most of those questioning yor idea is that you are insisting that something is a fact, others are merely doubting it. Very few people are insisting that it won't take a full week, just stating that they doubt it. Insisting something is true or not true when there is no solid evidence is very different than doubting something is true until evidence becomes available.

Jakeevan942
#91NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 8/10/16 at 5:54pm

Ben Fankhauser and Andrew Keenan-Bolger confirmed, Film coming to movie theaters in 2017

curel1
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#93NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 8/10/16 at 6:48pm

"Jordan and the returning original Broadway cast members will join the cast of the North American tour for one performance only that will be filmed on Sunday, September 11, 2016 at The Hollywood Pantages Theatre in Hollywood in front of an invited audience."

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#94NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 8/10/16 at 6:49pm

Is Ben not in beautiful anymore?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

CarlAlan610
Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#96NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 8/10/16 at 7:21pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Is Ben not in Beautiful anymore?"

No, he's still in the show. Their current stop is in San Fransisco until September 18th. So I guess Disney was able to work things out with the producers of Beautiful to allow him to take a week or so off to do Newsies.

trpguyy
#97NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 8/10/16 at 7:30pm

jimmycurry01 said: "trpguyy said: "Because they need an audience to cut into all that filming they did earlier in the week.

"

They ma I deed get a tax credit, and they may indeed take a full week to film it, but to insist it is a fact before it has been announced is what makes you seem a bit ridiculous. While circumstantial evidence seems to point that way, you still have nothing concrete to go on. Those who question the likelihood of a full week of filming are basing those questions on the the precedent set by that have been filmed in three performances or less.

The difference between you and most of those questioning yor idea is that you are insisting that something is a fact, others are merely doubting it. Very few people are insisting that it won't take a full week, just stating that they doubt it. Insisting something is true or not true when there is no solid evidence is very different than doubting something is true until evidence becomes available.

"

I have known this to be fact for several months. 

Liza's Headband
#98NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 8/10/16 at 7:39pm

To correct the record: they are not, in fact, filming five days (or a full "business week) worth of performances/footage. You're welcome for the clarification. 

trpguyy
#99NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 8/10/16 at 8:17pm

Steam would be very surprised to hear that.