pixeltracker

Idina Menzel To Appear in Lifetime's "Beaches"- Page 2

Idina Menzel To Appear in Lifetime's "Beaches"

10086sunset
#25Idina Menzel To Appear in Lifetime's
Posted: 7/28/16 at 7:29pm

Really feel like she's above Lifetime movies at this point in her career.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#26Idina Menzel To Appear in Lifetime's
Posted: 7/28/16 at 7:36pm

I thought she would have used her success in Frozen to appear in some films, yet...she's done exactly zero since Frozen. I guess it didn't help that she was in If/Then for a year almost directly following that success and performance at the Oscars. The only television work she's done since was a voice on the PBS television series Arthur. Now with this Lifetime movie...that's not great. At least she'll be able to do some singing on it (and I deeply hope she sings Otto Titsling).

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

VintageSnarker
#27Idina Menzel To Appear in Lifetime's
Posted: 7/29/16 at 4:01am

UnReal is kind of a mess in season 2. Though Denee Benton's role has me more excited for Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812. I wouldn't call Lifetime highbrow but they are willing to take some chances. They're not at the level of Amazon or Netflix but they'll throw their money around on some unusual projects. It just tends to not be a lot of money. Lately, it seems to be a lot of self-aware properties that play into the camp... A Deadly Adoption, The Lizzie Borden Chronicles, Mother May I Sleep With Danger, all those Flowers in the Attic movies. They also did that Steel Magnolias movie and they sort of try when they do biopics. Sort of.

Which is to say... who the hell knows how this will turn out?

Mrtrobz
#28Idina Menzel To Appear in Lifetime's
Posted: 7/29/16 at 5:27am

Idina has sequels to both Frozen and Enchanted in the pipeline her career is going to be just fine.

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#29Idina Menzel To Appear in Lifetime's
Posted: 7/29/16 at 5:52am

Lifetime is too good for her..

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Whateverjsays
#30Idina Menzel To Appear in Lifetime's
Posted: 7/29/16 at 6:47am

I don't understand the hate here, I'm just thinking 'yay more Idina on tv!!!' Lol 

Whateverjsays
#30Idina Menzel To Appear in Lifetime's
Posted: 7/29/16 at 6:47am

I don't understand the hate here, I'm just thinking 'yay more Idina on tv!!!' Lol 

Mrtrobz
#31Idina Menzel To Appear in Lifetime's
Posted: 7/29/16 at 6:49am

Was Grey Gardens (Barrymore and Lange) a Lifetime movie? It was pretty decent.

Liza's Headband
#32Idina Menzel To Appear in Lifetime's
Posted: 7/29/16 at 9:06am

No. It was HBO.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#33Idina Menzel To Appear in Lifetime's
Posted: 7/29/16 at 9:54am

Okay, let' s see.... in the past the following "name" actresses have *gasp* starred in a Lifetime made for television movie:

Alfre Woodard

Queen Latifah,

Cicely Tyson

Vanessa Williams

Kristen Wiig

Joan Allen

Shirley MacLaine

Susan Sarandon

Idina Menzel is not settling for doing one.

perfectliar
#34Idina Menzel To Appear in Lifetime's
Posted: 7/29/16 at 11:53am

CarlosAlberto said: "Okay, let' s see.... in the past the following "name" actresses have *gasp* starred in a Lifetime made for television movie:

Alfre Woodard

Queen Latifah,

Cicely Tyson

Vanessa Williams

Kristen Wiig

Joan Allen

Shirley MacLaine

Susan Sarandon

Idina Menzel is not settling for doing one.

"

I literally posted this exact same list on the previous page.

Liza's Headband
#35Idina Menzel To Appear in Lifetime's
Posted: 7/29/16 at 12:01pm

You can posts as many names as you'd like but it means very little unless you cross-reference them with their respective careers. When did each of the women listed take on such projects? Before they hit it big? After they had already well established themselves? Had their opportunities dramatically decreased in recent years? It's important to frame this within the context of an individual performer's career and their trajectory. Without it, your list means nothing in relation to Idina Menzel's project (and its timing in correlation to the career trajectory/profile/etc.). 

perfectliar
#36Idina Menzel To Appear in Lifetime's
Posted: 7/29/16 at 12:12pm

Liza's Headband said: "You can posts as many names as you'd like but it means very little unless you cross-reference them with their respective careers. When did each of the women listed take on such projects? Before they hit it big? After they had already well established themselves? Had their opportunities dramatically decreased in recent years? It's important to frame this within the context of an individual performer's career and their trajectory. Without it, your list means nothing in relation to Idina Menzel's project (and its timing in correlation to the career trajectory/profile/etc.). 

All of those women did their Lifetime movies in recent years, well after becoming established actresses with many opportunities available to them.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#37Idina Menzel To Appear in Lifetime's
Posted: 1/17/17 at 4:32pm

Has anyone listened the album they put out last week? Idina's voice is gorgeous and so pure. I like the original album, but this one has a very fresh take. I absolutely love it. Definitely like it more than her self titled album from last year.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

mamaleh
#38Idina Menzel To Appear in Lifetime's
Posted: 1/18/17 at 12:41am

The remake is being touted on well publicized on all the entertainment news shows.  So it doesn't seem like a stereotypcial Lifetime movie.