pixeltracker

Color Purple-Cast Change- Page 2

Color Purple-Cast Change

Oak2
#25Color Purple-Cast Change
Posted: 8/23/16 at 4:24pm

Glad I'm going over Labor Day then! People keep saying this show's only a must-see with its current cast, so I would be terribly upset to find out any of them are leaving before I could see it. I don't have too much knowledge of Holliday, so I'll take everyone's word for it that she wouldn't fit the production. Does this mean TCP's numbers might go down starting in October then?

neonlightsxo
#26Color Purple-Cast Change
Posted: 8/23/16 at 4:27pm

They're already down as of this past week.

Oak2
#27Color Purple-Cast Change
Posted: 8/23/16 at 4:34pm

Oh that's right, I remember now people talking about that, though I thought people also attributed that to Heather Headley not being present for some of the shows that week, and also it being a bad week in general.. Still, then, just amend the previous wondering to "Will their numbers go even further/more severely down after permanently losing Headley?"

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#30Color Purple-Cast Change
Posted: 8/23/16 at 5:24pm

I  just don't see it happening.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Alexander Lamar
#32Color Purple-Cast Change
Posted: 8/24/16 at 3:15pm

Yikes.

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#33Color Purple-Cast Change
Posted: 8/24/16 at 3:17pm

O_o

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#34Color Purple-Cast Change
Posted: 8/24/16 at 3:19pm

She's be better off as Sofia. Bad casting here. She'll probably try and upstage Erivo

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#35Color Purple-Cast Change
Posted: 8/24/16 at 3:20pm

This revival has had two Effies as Shug. Can we expect another Aida after this? 

EvanK Profile Photo
EvanK
#36Color Purple-Cast Change
Posted: 8/24/16 at 3:25pm

I think anyone returning to Broadway in a role that could stretch them is brilliant and exciting!! 

Alexander Lamar
#37Color Purple-Cast Change
Posted: 8/24/16 at 3:29pm

I saw her as Sofia last year. It was not enjoyable. Hopefully the director works on her facial expressions. She seems to be in pain a lot. 

Mike66
#38Color Purple-Cast Change
Posted: 8/24/16 at 6:26pm

I do believe that there are some people on these Boards who owe the OP an apology. 

While many of us are used to the immature "I am the only person who knows what's going on" that seems to come all too often on these Boards, in this case, the person you were attacking was, um, 100% correct.

Time to eat a little "oops" and say you are sorry.

I don't expect that you will -- but then again, I don't expect much.  And it would be a nice "character development" to see it happen.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#39Color Purple-Cast Change
Posted: 8/24/16 at 6:30pm

hey, I'll admit this was kind of a surprise casting choice & didn't believe it. People post things on these boards frequently enough without anything to back them up. So I'll be the first to offer my apology. 

EMF673
#40Color Purple-Cast Change
Posted: 8/24/16 at 7:56pm

I want to thank you personally.  I have been in and out of this business for many many years and it was a few friends, some whom write on this message room that convenienced me this would be a great way to share knowledge and experience with alike people.  Though have seen many angry peole in my life, I do not surround my self with this any longer for I am currently retired.  Through these years I have been lucky enough to make many friends who are in the industry. This gives me a wonderful access to what is happening. I am lucky and continue to be lucky.  I can not be part of something where people assume so quickly and jump to sarcasm vs. listening or sharing the same willingness to learn and share.. I will continue to watch from afar, but this just is not for me right now. Thank you to the kind stranger and warm wishes to all.