pixeltracker

Riedel on Frozen's new creative team- Page 2

Riedel on Frozen's new creative team

brian1973
#25Riedel on Frozen's new creative team
Posted: 9/24/16 at 4:53am

This is potentially a disaster. Grandages productions are leaden and grey and humourless. Couldn't imagine a worse director for this show than him. 

This Is is clearly a show in crisis. I suspect Grandage etc will also get replaced once Disney see initial ideas.

JennH
#26Riedel on Frozen's new creative team
Posted: 9/24/16 at 8:20am

Trish2 said: "Is NEWSIE choreographer Gattelli still on board or did he jump ship too?

"

No Gattelli WAS a replacement. Peter Darling was initially supposed to do this, he was announced with everyone else back when, but he bowed out due to something in London he's doing instead I think, and Gatelli replaced him. I have to admit, I wasn't sure how I felt about either one of them. It would either be very offbeat quirky dancing (Darling) or 'Newsies reigns again' (Gatelli). Both are great choreographers, I can't see this thing as super dance heavy the way either of them would choreograph, but that's just me. 

Updated On: 9/24/16 at 08:20 AM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#27Riedel on Frozen's new creative team
Posted: 9/24/16 at 8:42am

But Gattelli joined before timbers was let go. So if Disney wasn't pleased with the latest workshop they might have not been pleased with gattellis work too.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#28Riedel on Frozen's new creative team
Posted: 9/27/16 at 9:50am

Did anyone else see that the St. James is a confirmed go?

Link

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Whateverjsays
#29Riedel on Frozen's new creative team
Posted: 9/27/16 at 10:26am

Betsy has been performing 'Let It Go' at concerts so I don't think Disney would let her sing it unless they've decided it'll be her on Broadway 

neonlightsxo
#30Riedel on Frozen's new creative team
Posted: 9/27/16 at 10:28am

...that's not the way the world works.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#31Riedel on Frozen's new creative team
Posted: 9/27/16 at 10:32am

The first time a Disney show will not be going to a Nederlander house (not counting the ones that went to the New Amsterdam).

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#32Riedel on Frozen's new creative team
Posted: 9/27/16 at 10:36am

I think Darling was committed with Groundhog Day.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#33Riedel on Frozen's new creative team
Posted: 9/27/16 at 10:38am

My friend also sings "Let It Go" at concerts. And she's not going to be Elsa on Broadway. Just saying. 

And on one hand, I love his designs and attention to detail. So, I think he could create something very beautiful and moody. But, it might be a very dark production. It's a tough position. I think Disney wants a more Lion King approach as opposed to Aladdin or Little Mermaid where it's just a regurgitation of the movie on stage. 

Whateverjsays
#34Riedel on Frozen's new creative team
Posted: 9/27/16 at 11:21am

I have friends who work for Disney and I know they have a lot of strict rules and very controlling of their image. I could very easily be mistaken. But just from what I've heard about disneys operations I figured they wouldn't let her sing it if she wasn't going to be in their production of it

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#35Riedel on Frozen's new creative team
Posted: 9/27/16 at 11:26am

A performer singing "Let It Go" in a concert is not something Disney can authorize or stop.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 9/27/16 at 11:26 AM

trpguyy
#36Riedel on Frozen's new creative team
Posted: 9/27/16 at 11:27am

The public performance of "Let It Go" or virtually any other song requires only a performance license. Concert venues have standing blanket licenses to cover these types of things. Unless Ms Wolfe is currently under contract with Disney (I doubt they're paying her a retainer), and that contract states that she cannot sing a specific song, she can sing whatever she'd like and there's nothing to stop it. 

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#37Riedel on Frozen's new creative team
Posted: 9/27/16 at 11:36am

I'm glad this finally confirms what many of us have been saying for months as fact: that Frozen would go to the St. James. (I mean, didn't anyone else find it curious that all the Jujamcyn Theatres moved over to Ticketmaster? It wasn't a coincidence.)

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Liza's Headband
#38Riedel on Frozen's new creative team
Posted: 9/27/16 at 11:37am

Whateverjsays said: "I have friends who work for Disney and I know they have a lot of strict rules and very controlling of their image. I could very easily be mistaken. But just from what I've heard about disneys operations I figured they wouldn't let her sing it if she wasn't going to be in their production of it"

NO CONTRACTS HAVE BEEN OFFERED AND/OR SIGNED FOR EITHER THE DENVER OR BROADWAY PRODUCTIONS. PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD NEED TO STOP PRETENDING THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT. NO ONE HAS BEEN EMPLOYED FOR ANY FUTURE FULL-SCALE PRODUCTIONS OF "FROZEN" AT THIS POINT IN TIME.

I do apologize for the CAPS and bold but this is becoming tiresome. Betsy Wolfe was contracted for several workshops, labs and readings. Nothing more. That will probably change at some point but as of today it hasn't. Thank you. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#39Riedel on Frozen's new creative team
Posted: 9/27/16 at 11:38am

Good for St. James! I'm really shocked how the creative crew is entirely different, minus the songwriters and the playwright obviously. It doesn't matter if the creative team isn't well-known. This will be a huge career boaster for them!