pixeltracker

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread- Page 10

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread

kofler22
#225The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 4/16/19 at 12:45pm

Which role is Shanka Polanco playing? I don´t remember a Cuca on the show...

So the only role not announced yet is Mrs Rosario? 

teddy1996
#226The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 4/16/19 at 1:18pm

kofler22 said: "Which role is Shanka Polanco playing? I don´t remember a Cuca on the show...

So the only role notannounced yet is Mrs Rosario?
"

cuca is a brand new character. she is based on quiara hudes aunt. and we only have camila, piragua guy, and graffiti pete left to cast. 

teddy1996
#227The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 5/10/19 at 2:09am

JDonaghy4 said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "teddy1996 said: "daphne rubin vega would be the wrong choice for daniela. her vocals are not that great. they are all over the place. justina machado or sofia vergara would be much better choices"

Andplease cast a legendary older Latina actress for Abuela Claudia. Olga Merediz was great for the Broadway production, even though her old woman costuming forced us to believe she was an older woman. This role needs to be an event in the film adaptation. Merediz is completely unknown.
"

Both of these points bug me, especially the latter re Olga Merediz.

First, Daphne Rubin Vega's voice isnt traditional, but girl can sing. She sang the hell out of Miss You Like Hell last year (live, 8x a week) so the idea that she isnt vocally up to a supporting role recorded in a studio is kinda silly- ESPECIALLY when the suggested alternative is.... Sofia Vergara?

As for Olga Merediz, not only was her performance on Broadway gut wrenching, but for years the general consensus has been what a SHAME it is when movies are made and original Broadway performers are shoved aside for new "stars." Literally, thats been a thing for decades. While understandable because films need to get financed/paid, its kinda sad to see the reverse now, wishing that some "star" would be cast instead of the incredibly talented woman who originated the role so beautifully. To the extent any casting director or producer suggested overlooking a true star like Merediz for a "name," huge props to Lin for making sure talent gets its due.

(also, what big stars are going to be in this? i love anthony ramos and jimmy smits, but the idea that they are going to be selling tickets sounds a little ridiculous to me. this will sell on Lin's name and the property's name.)
"

i personally think that daphne’s voice is too rock and roll for the part of daniela. and she can barely sing sometimes. but lin chose her for a reason so i trust his decision.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#228The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 5/10/19 at 2:44pm

I know that Andrea Burns and Lin-Manuel are still close. I wonder why he didn't cast her to reprise her role of "Daniela" in the film. Her "Carnival del Barrio" is simply amazing and I have reservations that Daphne Rubin-Vega is even going to come close to Burns' rendition of the song - she doesn't have the pipes that Burns has. 

Updated On: 5/10/19 at 02:44 PM

teddy1996
#229The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 5/10/19 at 7:00pm

CarlosAlberto said: "I know that Andrea Burns and Lin-Manuel are still close. I wonder why hedidn't cast her to reprise her role of "Daniela" in the film. Her "Carnival del Barrio" is simply amazing and I have reservations thatDaphne Rubin-Vega is even going to come close to Burns' rendition of the song - she doesn't have the pipes that Burns has."

daphne can sing but barely. i am very worried about her vocals for carnaval del barrio and her other songs. lin and the team chose her to play daniela for a reason so i’m still trusting the decision. i’m sure acting wise, she will nail daniela but as far as vocals, i’m very very worried. let’s hope daphne blows us all away

teddy1996
#230The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 5/31/19 at 2:43am

the in the heights movie officially starts filming next week!!!!!!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#231The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 5/31/19 at 10:01am

teddy1996 said: "the in the heights movie officially starts filming next week!!!!!!"

Exteriors are being filmed around Washington Heights so paparazzi photos should start surfacing soon of the cast on location.  

teddy1996
#232The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/5/19 at 8:36pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "teddy1996 said: "the in the heights movie officially starts filming next week!!!!!!"

Exteriors are being filmed around Washington Heights so paparazzi photos should start surfacing soon of the cast on location.
"

read this article

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#233The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/5/19 at 8:43pm

There have already been VERY well filmed videos of them filming the title number, Breathe and When You’re Home. Altogether maybe a minute and a half of footage but from what has been “shown,” it looks damn good.

teddy1996
#234The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/5/19 at 11:36pm

n2nbaby said: "There have already been VERY well filmed videos of them filming the title number, Breathe and When You’re Home. Altogether maybe a minute and a half of footage but from what has been “shown,” it looks damn good."

i haven’t seen the footage of the title number. only breathe, when you’re home and it won’t be long now. 

BrodyFosse123
#235The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/5/19 at 11:39pm

Iteddy1996 said: "n2nbaby said: "There have already been VERY well filmed videos of them filming the title number, Breathe and When You’re Home. Altogether maybe a minute and a half of footage but from what has been “shown,” it looks damn good."

i haven’t seen the footage of the title number. only breathe, when you’re home and it won’t be long

A link would be greatly appreciated.  I scoured YouTube and found nothing.   

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#236The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/5/19 at 11:52pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Iteddy1996 said: "n2nbaby said: "There have already been VERY well filmed videos of them filming the title number, Breathe and When You’re Home. Altogether maybe a minute and a half of footage but from what has been “shown,” it looks damn good."

i haven’t seen the footage of the title number. only breathe, when you’re home and it won’t be long

A link would be greatly appreciated. I scoured YouTube and found nothing.

"

My friend sent my clips that were posted on the god awful All Things Broadway board, but I think they have since been deleted. 

Wish I saw It Won’t Be Long! That’s my jam.

teddy1996
#237The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/6/19 at 12:10am

n2nbaby said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Iteddy1996 said: "n2nbaby said: "There have already been VERY well filmed videos of them filming the title number, Breathe and When You’re Home. Altogether maybe a minute and a half of footage but from what has been “shown,” it looks damn good."

"

My friend sent my clips that were posted on the god awful All Things Broadway board, but I think they have since been deleted.

"

here it is: https://www.instagram.com/p/ByVjoWAnGb5/?igshid=120r2ttlhxdu5

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#238The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/6/19 at 12:14am

teddy1996 said: "n2nbaby said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Iteddy1996 said: "n2nbaby said: "There have already been VERY well filmed videos of them filming the title number, Breathe and When You’re Home. Altogether maybe a minute and a half of footage but from what has been “shown,” it looks damn good."

"

"

here it is:https://www.instagram.com/p/ByVjoWAnGb5/?igshid=120r2ttlhxdu5"

Ahh, thank you! How embarrassing, I actually got that and the title number screwed up (I think in my head I had the no, no, no, no, no bit in my head coming after that). How silly of me, and I had this song as my morning ringtone for over a year as a kid! Haha Love the choreography.

teddy1996
#239The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/6/19 at 12:44am

the producers of the movie said that jon m chu stages the musical numbers in a unique way. part of the plan was to have something that feels like it kind of like departs from reality. but at the same time, it’s super grounded in reality. and sonny’s dad will be introduced. they also cut a few songs.

BrodyFosse123
#240The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/6/19 at 10:40am

WTF?! Sadly, based on the deliberate “people on the street” clothes, this isn’t a camera rehearsal. This looks like an Old Navy commercial. Not going to pass judgment yet, but I’m heartbroken seeing this. What made the Broadway production so magical was its stylized concept. None of that is present on this. Hoping for the best as Lin-Manuel Miranda is heavily involved with the film adaptation (he’s on set on location) so I’m trusting he wants to preserve the stage production’s magic.

Rainbowhigh23
#241The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/6/19 at 11:55am

The dancing looks amazing but street clothes? Hopefully that's a rehearsal.

And re the cut songs did they cut or keep the Piragua man? He was so much fun to see.

teddy1996
#242The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/6/19 at 12:07pm

Rainbowhigh23 said: "The dancing looks amazing but street clothes? Hopefully that's a rehearsal.

And re the cut songs did they cut or keep the Piragua man? He was so much fun to see.
"

piragua man is still in it. he just hasn’t been announced yet along with camila and graffiti pete. most likely the reprises are cut. possibly intutil too. we’ll see 

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#243The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/6/19 at 12:21pm

Also, styling doesn't look like Washington Heights to me... Definitely more Old Navy than the Heights.

kofler22
#244The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/6/19 at 1:23pm

teddy1996 said: "Rainbowhigh23 said: "The dancing looks amazing but street clothes? Hopefully that's a rehearsal.

"

piragua man is still in it. he just hasn’t been announced yet along with camila and graffiti pete. most likely the reprises are cut. possibly intutil too. we’ll see
"

iNUTIL is a very boring song and it stops the show cold...! I hope it´s been cut! 

And what about Camila? Have they cut the role? 

I read that Marc Anthony is likely to play Sonny´s father! 

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#245The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/6/19 at 1:39pm

Confused about the "street" clothes complaint as the show is literally focused on folks on a street... wearing clothes.

Anyway, that It Wont Be Long Now scene was filmed downtown by Astor Place, it's probably a dream sequence given the old navy vibe and confetti. And the entire point of the song... 

Everything that's been filmed this week in Washington Heights and Inwood looks incredible. 

Updated On: 6/6/19 at 01:39 PM

CedricOates
#247The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/6/19 at 4:12pm

Maybe the time line of the show and cuts will be more apparent than I though. If you look at Breathe, you can see Leslie with straight hair and one outfit. But in the When Your Home clips, her outfit is different and her hair is curly. Hopefully it’s all amazing.

teddy1996
#248The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/7/19 at 12:56am

JP2 said: "Confused about the "street" clothes complaint as the show is literally focused on folks on a street... wearing clothes.

Anyway, that It Wont Be Long Now scene was filmed downtownby Astor Place, it's probably a dream sequence given the old navy vibe and confetti. And the entire point of the song...

Everything that's been filmed this week in Washington Heights and Inwood looks incredible.
"

yes i think that part is a daydream. and when daniela yells at vanessa, that is when the daydream ends. 

SporkGoddess
#249The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/7/19 at 9:37am

Apparently Marc Anthony is going to be playing Sonny's father (he wasn't in the stage version, was he?)

https://news.avclub.com/marc-anthony-joins-adaptation-of-lin-manuel-mirandas-in-1835311688

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
Updated On: 6/7/19 at 09:37 AM

Videos