pixeltracker

Sousatzka - Spring 2017 Toronto. Broadway next?- Page 2

Sousatzka - Spring 2017 Toronto. Broadway next?

littlemouse921 Profile Photo
littlemouse921
#25Sousatzka - Spring 2017 Toronto. Broadway next?
Posted: 11/29/16 at 1:17pm

Also the name really isn't that bad. If people were able to figure out a way to pronounce Les Miserables for the last thirty or so years, they can figure out how to say Sousatzka.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#26Sousatzka - Spring 2017 Toronto. Broadway next?
Posted: 11/30/16 at 3:05am

the name is pretty far down the list of reasons for failure. The property would not be attractive if the name were changed to Hamilton. And Garth's probably not getting a theatre. And any assets brought into the US will be seized. Any the nut would need Hamilton revenue to survive. This is a sad effort by an old con-man to delude himself. I feel truly sorry for the people involved.

bigbelterbaby
#27Sousatzka - Spring 2017 Toronto. Broadway next?
Posted: 11/30/16 at 6:08am

no this doesn't need a name change. It's based on a famous book (that had a very well recieved movie made starring Shirley Maclaine). People know this title and the story. Just because YOU have never heard of it doesn't mean anything. And actually, they already did change the title, because the title of the book and movie is MADAME SOUSATZKA. 

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.
Updated On: 11/30/16 at 06:08 AM

evic
#28Sousatzka - Spring 2017 Toronto. Broadway next?
Posted: 11/30/16 at 9:00am

Those African themed songs sound like rejects from The Lion King.  Who wants to work for a crook?- Boy actors are really desperate.  As are many Republicans.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#29Sousatzka - Spring 2017 Toronto. Broadway next?
Posted: 11/30/16 at 1:35pm

And any assets brought into the US will be seized.

Well that's not true.  He's not the producer.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#30Sousatzka - Spring 2017 Toronto. Broadway next?
Posted: 11/30/16 at 1:52pm

Tag said: "Well that's not true.  He's not the producer."

The production is an alter-ego. They will pierce the corporate veil of the scam and seize, Too many powerful people were cheated by Garth, over and over. I have no doubt more will be cheated in this enterprise. He is a pathological fraudster. No one in their right mind will touch this. If you want to see it, buy plane tickets. 

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#31Sousatzka - Spring 2017 Toronto. Broadway next?
Posted: 11/30/16 at 2:06pm

He's not the money man this time around, and apparently doesn't have legal control in that area.  But I agree that some people will probably get screwed this time around in some way.  I'm not sure I understand how you can say that "no one in their right mind will touch this", have you seen the cast and creative team??  I'm in Toronto, so I will be seeing this.  I think it will flop, but it's not everyday a show of this scale/caliber gets put up in Toronto.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#32Sousatzka - Spring 2017 Toronto. Broadway next?
Posted: 11/30/16 at 3:30pm

Tag said: "He's not the money man this time around, and apparently doesn't have legal control in that area.  But I agree that some people will probably get screwed this time around in some way.  I'm not sure I understand how you can say that "no one in their right mind will touch this", have you seen the cast and creative team??  I'm in Toronto, so I will be seeing this.  I think it will flop, but it's not everyday a show of this scale/caliber gets put up in Toronto."

He raised all of the money, controls everything and did not do it for free. The scam window dressing on it might satisfy Canada but it will be a circus here. The "no ones" I was referring to are on the business side, not the creative side. Creative people work for money; I just hope they all get paid. Not an issue for the actors, not so for some of the others attached. remember, you can't have a Broadway show without a Broadway theatre. We do agree it will flop, and I understand TO can enjoy it (as they did with the Livent shows).

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#33Sousatzka - Spring 2017 Toronto. Broadway next?
Posted: 12/16/16 at 2:34pm

Press pictures. Looks like we might be getting some fun dance numbers. The premise of the show isn't unique at all so i'm not sure how it will do, but The Bronx Tale had similar criticism and that seems to be holding up well at the Box Office. 

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Flash-Broadway-Bound-SOUSATZKA-Begins-Rehearsals-in-Toronto-20161216

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#35Sousatzka - Spring 2017 Toronto. Broadway next?
Posted: 3/24/17 at 7:28pm

A new interview with Drabinsky that starts out pretty boring, but then gets super awkward:

https://youtu.be/D6Gfx_dVjXs

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#36Sousatzka - Spring 2017 Toronto. Broadway next?
Posted: 3/24/17 at 8:06pm

awkward yes but still a ridiculously softball interview. 

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#37Sousatzka - Spring 2017 Toronto. Broadway next?
Posted: 3/24/17 at 10:37pm

Those reviews killed it, no way this is going anywhere 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian