Patty and Emily Closing

BCfitasafiddle
#25Patty and Emily Closing
Posted: 4/22/20 at 10:27am

jbroadway4 said: "Revisited their videos and I gotta say, DAMN I miss their content!"

Same here. Their podcasts were so fun. And the videos!! Fantastic.

Jarethan
#26Patty and Emily Closing
Posted: 4/22/20 at 1:34pm

Showing my ignorance / age (?)...who are they and what re their podcasts about?

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#27Patty and Emily Closing
Posted: 4/22/20 at 1:53pm

Funny that this thread was brought back - I also recently re-watched a lot of their videos and I miss them so much! They were very amusing and always had a great analysis/discussion of the shows. I hope they're doing well.

Jarethan - They were two women who saw Broadway shows and then made review videos about them. I never listened to their podcasts but I assume they were similar to the videos, found here - https://www.youtube.com/user/PattyandEmily

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#28Patty and Emily Closing
Posted: 4/22/20 at 1:54pm

You can still listen to it here. I really enjoyed it.

http://pattyandemily.com/category/podcast/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#29Patty and Emily Closing
Posted: 4/22/20 at 9:20pm

Sad to hear this, I loved their videos!

Darreyl with an L!

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#30Patty and Emily Closing
Posted: 4/22/20 at 9:32pm

I just revisited their podcast. Still miss their content so much.

somechrysanthemumtea Profile Photo
somechrysanthemumtea
#31Patty and Emily Closing
Posted: 4/23/20 at 8:49am

Of all the theatrical podcast I’ve listened to (which is... a lot), they were my absolute favorites. I miss them a lot too, they filled my days with a lot of joy, and they made me very happy. They pulled me out of many a dark time.

Which is why I was overjoyed to hear Patty on the recent year end review of Maxamoo! She’s been getting her masters in archival/librarian studies? I believe? And had lots of great stories to share about her focus in theatre archival. Hopefully will hear more of her on Maxamoo.

Laurapattifan Profile Photo
Laurapattifan
#32Patty and Emily Closing
Posted: 4/24/20 at 12:19am

I love and miss these ladies so much. They played such a big part in solidifying my love for theater. Monday’s aren’t the same without their podcast, even after all these years. Patty also has a great podcast called Three Day Rental. It discusses teen movies from 1995-2005. Camp and Center Stage are great episodes.