Acting heavy songs?

Veronica11
#1Acting heavy songs?
Posted: 2/7/17 at 7:09am

For an audition I have been asked to prepare 16 bars of a song, however I will be judged on my acting not my singing ability. Any song ideas? also any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Updated On: 2/7/17 at 07:09 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Acting heavy songs?
Posted: 2/7/17 at 7:20am

Honestly, if you are a good actor, that should happen with any song you choose.  That's why its not always the best singers that get all the leads.

You should attack prepping a song, the same way you do dialogue.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 2/7/17 at 07:20 AM

broadwayguy91
#3Acting heavy songs?
Posted: 2/7/17 at 7:38am

something by Sondheim?

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#5Acting heavy songs?
Posted: 2/7/17 at 8:58am

What role/show are you auditioning for? Might help us come with suggestions.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#6Acting heavy songs?
Posted: 2/7/17 at 9:00am

It would be helpful to know your age, vocal type/range, character type, etc.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

#7Acting heavy songs?
Posted: 2/7/17 at 10:36am

Rose's Turn 

MinnieFay
#8Acting heavy songs?
Posted: 2/7/17 at 10:56am

If it's a musical, then trust me --- you WILL most certainly be judged on your singing ability.  I can't imagine why you would think otherwise?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#9Acting heavy songs?
Posted: 2/7/17 at 11:01am

For some reason, "Not Getting Married Today" came to mind immediately for me.

Videos