pixeltracker

Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!- Page 3

Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#50Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 9:47am

I'm a beekeeper, so I want to point out that yellow jackets/hornets/wasps are not bees. They are a completely different species of insect that are about as closely related to bees as ants are.They also don't make honey. I'm assuming, based on past years, Papermill is pretty good at accuracy/detail in these guessing games. So I'm assuming yellow jacket, not bee or honey, is the clue here.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
Updated On: 2/9/17 at 09:47 AM

Hamilfan2
#51Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 11:03am

Wait how are people getting Dogfight from the bee?

Cfried
#52Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 11:13am

The bee clue absolutely is the new musical adaptation of The Sting. That was a phenomenal guess!

It's looking like 3 new musicals in one season! Half Time, The Honeymooners, and The Sting

Liza's Headband
#53Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 11:24am

ding, ding, ding. we have a winner 

markypoo Profile Photo
markypoo
#54Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 1:16pm

Half Time is hardly a new musical.  Its just been languishing in Limbo for awhile.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#55Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 1:30pm

This is quite an ambitious season for Papermill. Their subscriber base skews pretty old, and the subscribers tend to prefer the "classics." This seems like a distinct shift in their mission- they seem to be much more focused (and this goes back a few years now, probably to Newsies) in developing new musicals and then transferring them off to Broadway. 

AEA AGMA SM
#56Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 4:07pm

adamgreer said: "This is quite an ambitious season for Papermill. Their subscriber base skews pretty old, and the subscribers tend to prefer the "classics." This seems like a distinct shift in their mission- they seem to be much more focused (and this goes back a few years now, probably to Newsies) in developing new musicals and then transferring them off to Broadway."

Though look at it this way, two of the three new musicals they have slated for next season are based on properties that will be very well known and nostalgic for their subscriber base who prefer the "classics." In regards to the third, I really did not know much about it other than Jerry Mitchell was at the helm (which I assume will remain true for the Papermill production), but when you go to the show's current website the first four people you see are Andre De Shields, Georgia Engel, Stefanie Powers, and Lillias White. So again you have four stars that are immediately going to appeal to that crowd looking for the classics.

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#57Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 5:01pm

I'm guessing something that hasn't been said yet. For the yellow jacket, I'm thinking literally.  I think it's Singing in the Rain

The Broadway version was delayed maybe it'll go to Papermill first

EchoParker Profile Photo
EchoParker
#58Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 5:50pm

I'm mightily impressed by the guesses (and guessers) on this thread. Halftime I guessed right away, but kudos for Honeymooners and The Sting - both of which I'm convinced are right. And I'll second those saying it's looking like an impressively debut-filled season for Paper Mill. I somehow feel none of the guesses for the rooster or the little men are correct. Wait, has someone written a musical of "Little Men"? The sequel to "Little Women"?? (I kid. Though that was in fact the sequel to the book "Little Women".)

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#59Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 6:18pm

Half Time is hardly a new musical. 

A tryout in Chicago doesn't make it an old musical...

Kinky Boy Profile Photo
Kinky Boy
#60Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 8:35pm

HALF TIME

ANNIE

THE HONEYMOONERS

THE STING

HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING

Cfried
#61Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 9:00pm

Still not confident in How to Succeed. I feel like the graphic is a little too general to narrow it down to that show specifically. I guess we'll see when the season is announced on February 27th!

Hank
#62Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
Posted: 2/9/17 at 9:15pm

The Sting and How To Succeed seem like good guesses, and I'll go along with that.  The blue double deck Gotham tourist bus is confusing, they didn't exist in Ralph Cramdon's days, or in Durham, England.  Annie is a good guess, and a good choice.  Every few years there's a new generation of little girls going to see their first show, and I think they have found a rising star to build this show around.  I don't know much about Half Time, but I'm interested, and sure to renew my subscription.

neonlightsxo
#63Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
Posted: 2/10/17 at 9:43am

the.hard.part said: "I'm guessing something that hasn't been said yet. For the yellow jacket, I'm thinking literally.  I think it's Singing in the Rain

The Broadway version was delayed maybe it'll go to Papermill first
"

No. It's The Sting.

Paper Mill PR Profile Photo
Paper Mill PR
#65Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
Posted: 2/27/17 at 1:01pm

Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!

Paper Mill PR Profile Photo
Paper Mill PR
#66Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
Posted: 2/27/17 at 1:01pm

Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkdnoij0l14uuvl/Image%20Game%20Explained%2017-18.JPG?dl=0

Explanation of images here

Updated On: 2/27/17 at 01:01 PM

Whateverjsays
#67Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
Posted: 2/27/17 at 10:53pm

Hoping Laura Bell Bundy sticks with the Honeymooners. It's been far too long since she's done a musical