pixeltracker

Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime Tour? - Page 2

Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime Tour?

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#25Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime Tour?
Posted: 2/13/17 at 9:05pm

ggersten said: "Just to put this out there: here is the change in the opening in Chicago"

That's unfortunate, because the original effect was very startling and really got your attention. It was a great way to start the show. 

ggersten said: "As for the post curtain call bit - it's not really an Easter Egg, since Christopher invites everyone to stay."

Not so when I saw it in NY. It was a complete surprise and a lot of people missed it because they left. 

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#26Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime Tour?
Posted: 2/13/17 at 9:08pm

MarkBearSF said: "Were the prime number seats specially noted?
(I just realized my seat number is 101)
"

They placed large tags on selected seats. 

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#27Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime Tour?
Posted: 2/13/17 at 9:10pm

Would someone be willing to explain the easter egg (under a spoiler cut)? I probably won't get to see this show and I'm curious.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#28Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime Tour?
Posted: 2/13/17 at 9:22pm

rcwr said: "Would someone be willing to explain the easter egg (under a spoiler cut)? I probably won't get to see this show and I'm curious."

This article explains it pretty well:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dan-rockmore/a-curious-incident_b_7283034.html

When I saw it, Christopher invoked the Pythagorean Theorem. Technically, he invokes the converse: if the sum of the squares of two sides of a triangle equals the square of the other side, then it's a right triangle.

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#29Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime Tour?
Posted: 2/13/17 at 9:25pm

Thanks kdogg36! That sounds really cool.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#30Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime Tour?
Posted: 2/13/17 at 9:30pm

Actually, I struggled to find a file that really conveyed it. :) But suffice it to say Christopher solves a geometry problem in an ingenious way.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#31Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime Tour?
Posted: 2/13/17 at 11:33pm

I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but  the original London Production was done in the round. There were no wall projections or effects, there were only the effects on the stage floor.

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#32Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime Tour?
Posted: 2/13/17 at 11:53pm

Never saw it on Broadway and looking forward to the San Francisco stop later this summer. It's the only play in the six-show SHNSF season, must of which has been overshadowed by HAMILTON which debuts its tour here next month. 

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#33Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime Tour?
Posted: 2/14/17 at 10:44am

South Fl Marc said: "I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but  the original London Production was done in the round. There were no wall projections or effects, there were only the effects on the stage floor."

Wow, I did not know that - and it's hard to imagine! Do you know if it included the Tube station scene with the rat, where the floor opened to create the train track?

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#34Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime Tour?
Posted: 2/14/17 at 12:28pm

Can anyone who's seen the tour recently let me know if the alternate schedule is the same in every city?

In Pittsburgh in January it was Thursday, Saturday Matinee and Sunday Evening.  I asked in another thread in January and didn't get a response.

Thanks!

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

Will3700 Profile Photo
Will3700
#35Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime Tour?
Posted: 2/14/17 at 1:04pm

I saw it in Dallas on a Sat matinee with the understudy,who was fantastic by the way.

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#36Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime Tour?
Posted: 2/23/17 at 1:39pm

sbflyfan said: "Can anyone who's seen the tour recently let me know if the alternate schedule is the same in every city?

In Pittsburgh in January it was Thursday, Saturday Matinee and Sunday Evening.  I asked in another thread in January and didn't get a response.

Thanks!

"

That's also the schedule this week in Durham

BobNC Profile Photo
BobNC
#37Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime Tour?
Posted: 2/25/17 at 9:48pm

I saw Adam Langdon in the lead on opening night in Durham NC on 2/21/17.  I had second row seat.  I couldn't take my eyes off him.  Great performance.