News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BobNC

BobNC Profile Photo
Member Name: BobNC
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Jul 13 2022, 01:13:08 PM

I agree that Michele is a step in the wrong casting direction.  I doubt the show will last after the Glee crowd has seen it.  Sure, she can sing better than Beanie, but, she's not a great singer.  Imitating Streisand won't cut it.  This anemic production needed a real talent like Jesse Mueller to make it click with critics and long- standing theater goers.

How Will This Affect Theaters?  Jul 8 2022, 09:30:06 PM

HRC was wearing her mask the other night at POTUS. 😀

How Will This Affect Theaters?  Jul 8 2022, 04:11:52 PM

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/cdc-covid-guidelines-isolation-nyc-risk-infection-omicron-variant-ba5/3766416/

Will the mask mandate be re-implemented?

Covid Strikes Company Again?  Jul 8 2022, 03:58:17 PM

Dollypop said: "COMPANY had no stage dooring after this Wednesday's matinee"

Glad to hear.  The news about new variant, esp in NYC these days, is not good.

Covid Strikes Company Again?  Jul 8 2022, 03:46:27 PM

Matt Doyle has posted on his IG today that stage-dooring has not returned and Covid has struck Company again.  Cast or crew?

COMPANY To Close On July 31, 2022  Jul 1 2022, 04:21:48 PM

CarlosAlberto said: "Gulp! the final 5 weeks -I will miss my visits to the bernard b jacobs theater...

I will miss this company doing 'Company', but I will miss my Bobby, Bubbi, Bobby, Bubbi. Bobby Conte most of all...

crying
"

Me too.  

Plaza Suite-3rd highest gross of a play-revival  Jul 1 2022, 04:20:12 PM

Congrats to SJP and Matthew Broderick!  I’ve never been too keen on Neil Simon’s work, but, I thoroughly enjoyed how hard both of these stars worked to give this play some zest (and lots of laugh). They were both great.  Hope to see them team up again.  

LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2  Jul 1 2022, 04:16:37 PM

Lea Michele could not get me to sit through Funny Girl again, but, a true Broadway star like Jesse Mueller might have.  

PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!  Jun 22 2022, 01:13:33 PM

Such bitchiness abounds here; it’s a horrible character defect of some members of my tribe.  

COVID performance cancellation  Jun 21 2022, 09:26:46 PM

Doesn’t it seem strange that with so many casts still getting Covid, Broadway opts to make masks optional 7/1?

COMPANY To Close On July 31, 2022  Jun 21 2022, 09:20:07 PM

BCfitasafiddle said: "if this truly is LuPone's final musical, how lucky are we all to have witnessed the performance she's giving right now. I was stunned at her book scene work post TLWL. It felt like watching history in the making."

TLWL? 

COMPANY To Close On July 31, 2022  Jun 21 2022, 07:14:03 PM

So sad to hear it’s closing so soon after the Tony sweep, but, happy to hear it will tour in 2023-24.  I saw it in May and was hoping to make another trip home to see it again.

Company  Jun 21 2022, 04:36:08 PM

Yes, Matt posted on his IG that he will be back for 6/22 matinee.

Beautiful the Carole King Musical —Status of Film  Jun 19 2022, 07:39:23 PM

I love Kristen Vigard’s vocals and the song “A Boat on the Sea” on the “Grace” soundtrack.  

Are you guys thinking that since “Grace of My Heart”  very loosely covered Carole’s career, there’s no appetite for a film version of the Broadway musical even though the 3rd national tour of “Beautiful” is still a huge hit?

When “Respect” kind of tanked at the box office, my hopes to see &ldq

Beautiful the Carole King Musical —Status of Film  Jun 19 2022, 05:50:33 PM

I know Tom Hanks snagged the film rights (or the option) to set this up at his Playtone Productions.  Does anyone have any updates?  

Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25  Jun 15 2022, 06:05:32 PM

Beanie just used her IG to announce that she resumes performances on 6/16, but, also that her last performance in Funny Girl will be 9/25.  This will make just barely a 6 month run. 

Will the show continue? If so, who will replace her?  Since producers have not been hyping Julie’s,performances, doubt it will be her. 

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 13 2022, 03:31:20 PM

ACL2006 said: "I still have ZERO desire to see SIX."

I originally did intend to see Six when it toured, but, after seeing that performance, I’ll skip it.  Looks like a retro Labelle performance from the ‘70s; those costumes are so stupid and so not edgy.

Paul Ford’s book (Working with Sondheim)  Jun 1 2022, 06:47:33 PM

Several mean-spirited comments on this thread.

Alcoholism is a disease which hits the LGBTQIA+ community very hard.  Kindness and compassion never go out of style, especially not in Pride month.

I just bought the Kindle version of the book. 

Company  May 23 2022, 06:09:36 PM

I purchased online access for the 8:30 event which, I assume is when the talkback begins.

Also looking forward to seeing Patti on Colbert tonight.

I just finished listening to her 2010 memoir on Audible. ❤️.

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl  May 21 2022, 11:39:32 PM

Is Beanie out sick this weekend?  Hope not.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You