pixeltracker

Favourite reasonably priced pre-theatre dinner spot? - Page 2

Favourite reasonably priced pre-theatre dinner spot?

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#25Favourite reasonably priced pre-theatre dinner spot?
Posted: 2/23/17 at 10:05pm

I recently discovered a new restaurant, Chaan Teng, at 48th and 9th. Absolutely WONDERFUL food, high quality. Read reviews here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60763-d11843140-Reviews-Chaan_Teng-New_York_City_New_York.html

And here: https://www.yelp.com/biz/chaan-teng-new-york

For quick and inexpensive Italian I agree with Trattoria Trecolori.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#26Favourite reasonably priced pre-theatre dinner spot?
Posted: 2/23/17 at 10:30pm

I try to avoid eating in the Times Square area, but sometimes when people are visiting I go to Trecolori on 47th before a show. Damn good Italian food at prices that aren't as ridiculous as much of what's around it. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#27Favourite reasonably priced pre-theatre dinner spot?
Posted: 2/23/17 at 10:45pm

Joe Allen's & Glass House Tavern are our top favorites along with Marseille & Thalia

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Disneywed Profile Photo
Disneywed
#28Favourite reasonably priced pre-theatre dinner spot?
Posted: 2/23/17 at 11:06pm

I actually enjoy Blue Fin, right by TKTS, breakfast or lunch, great spot (yummy breakfast) 

#29Favourite reasonably priced pre-theatre dinner spot?
Posted: 2/24/17 at 3:23am

If you go into the Marriott Marquis Hotel, take the elevator up to the 8th floor.  It's where the check-in desk and lobby are.  Walk all the way around to the restaurant that has the big windows (I forget the name) -- the windows overlook Times Square, but you're 8 floors up, alongside many of the crazy flashing signs (you can take some fun pictures up here).  The food is good, not very expensive, and since it's not on ground level you have to know about it to find it, so it's not that crowded.  Most of the people are tourists staying at the hotel, but I'm a New Yorker, and find it a fun place to eat, with quick service. Also a very nice brightly lit, clean bathroom on that level near the elevators. Close to so many of the theaters, you won't be late. 

djoko84
#30Favourite reasonably priced pre-theatre dinner spot?
Posted: 2/24/17 at 7:09am

My go-to pre-theatre spot is always Haru on 43rd between 7 and 8 ave. I love their sushi and they have other great stuff too. Highly recommend it.

bandit964 Profile Photo
bandit964
#31Favourite reasonably priced pre-theatre dinner spot?
Posted: 2/24/17 at 8:13am

GYU KAKU!!!

Especially sitting in the bar area; discounted food and drinks!!!

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#32Favourite reasonably priced pre-theatre dinner spot?
Posted: 2/24/17 at 8:21am

I'm partial to Cafe Un Deux Trois near the Belasco Theatre.