pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery- Page 78

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#1925Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 12/9/17 at 10:42pm

Any updates on the cancellation line recently? I would like to try it this over Christmas break and I'd like to know if cold is deterring people or not. I'd like to see Noah's take on the show.

Updated On: 12/10/17 at 10:42 PM

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#1926Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 12/10/17 at 12:47am

There is no rush. Standing room is distributed through lottery only.

mufish
#1927Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 12/12/17 at 11:12pm

Handful of tickets available for Saturday evening and the Sunday matinee. Even a couple non-premium seats (as singles). I was able to grab one for Saturday that looks like it was a wheelchair companion seat. Looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about!

#1928Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 12/15/17 at 1:03pm

If I have a ticket that I would like to give to the cancellation line, how does this work? I've never had to return a ticket. Do they just give you a full refund or only if it gets sold?

Is there a better way to get a refund without selling the ticket on a secondary market?

Updated On: 12/15/17 at 01:03 PM

bwaylistener
#1929Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 12/15/17 at 4:24pm

bes888 said: "If I have a ticket that I would like to give to the cancellation line, how does this work? I've never had to return a ticket. Do they just give you a full refund or only if it gets sold?

Is there a better way to get a refund without selling the ticket on a secondary market?
"

Call Telecharge and tell them you can't use the ticket. They will call the box office to determine whether you can get a refund, or reschedule for another date. The "cancellation line" is a misnomer--tickets sold to the cancellation line are not actually "cancelled" (aka returned) tickets.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1930Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 12/15/17 at 5:23pm

If there is a proper cancellation line, you don't have to involve the box office. You just to to the front of the line and say, "I have a ticket," and they'll buy it from you for face value. That's why they're waiting in line. I showed up pretty close to showtime when I went recently, so I can't recall if there was such a line... but I wasn't looking.

If you bought it for way over face on StubHub, though, and want to resell it for that inflated price, you're probably not going to find a taker there. They are already choosing a time-intensive way to get a face value ticket, rather than pay more.

secretschuylersister Profile Photo
secretschuylersister
#1931Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 12/25/17 at 1:45am

Hey guys! Merry Christmas.

I'll be flying to the USA in July of 2018 and I'm very interested in seeing Taylor Trensch as Evan - I'm a huge fan! I know that his leave date is not confirmed (I think), but I already have a ticket for the Wednesday matinee on July 4th. I just realized that Taylor (or whoever is Evan at the time) will probably not be there if he keeps the same schedule as Ben/Noah. I'm willing to see the show twice to (hopefully) see Taylor. Should I buy a ticket now for a show he should be scheduled to perform at, or should I wait until he steps into the sun and we know his schedule? The info on their website kind of confuses me.

Updated On: 12/25/17 at 01:45 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1932Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 12/25/17 at 2:12am

secretschuylersister said: "I'll be flying to the USA in July of 2018 and I'm very interested in seeing Taylor Trensch as Evan - I'm a huge fan! I know that his leave date is not confirmed (I think), but I already have a ticket for the Wednesday matinee on July 4th. I just realized that Taylor (or whoever is Evan at the time) will probably not be there if he keeps the same schedule as Ben/Noah. I'm willing to see the show twice to (hopefully) see Taylor. Should I buy a ticket now for a show he should be scheduled to perform at, or should I wait until he steps into the sun and we know his schedule? The info on their website kind of confuses me."

I'd call Telecharge and just switch it to a show in which he'll be performing. Taylor told me he was going to be Evan for 9-12 months, so that covers July either way.

secretschuylersister Profile Photo
secretschuylersister
#1933Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 12/25/17 at 2:23am

haterobics said: "secretschuylersister said: "I'll be flying to the USA in July of 2018 and I'm very interested in seeing Taylor Trensch as Evan - I'm a huge fan! I know that his leave date is not confirmed (I think), but I already have a ticket for the Wednesday matinee on July 4th. I just realized that Taylor (or whoever is Evan at the time) will probably not be there if he keeps the same schedule as Ben/Noah. I'm willing to see the show twice to (hopefully) see Taylor. Should I buy a ticket now for a show he should be scheduled to perform at, or should I wait until he steps into the sun and we know his schedule? The info on their website kind of confuses me."

I'd call Telecharge and just switch it to a show in which he'll be performing. Taylor told me he was going to be Evan for 9-12 months, so that covers July either way.
"

Thank you so much! That's a huge weight off of my shoulders. I didn't know Telecharge allows that.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1934Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 2/2/18 at 5:58pm

FYI, if anyone is planning to see Taylor in the next few months, it looks like all the $159 partial view tickets have been released on Telecharge, through 5/27. All the front-row center seats appear to be sold out, except for on 2 days in May. There are still some available on Wednesday, 5/9, at 8:00 p.m., and Tuesday 5/15. Oddly, they only show up if you leave the premium boxes checked while searching. I have a feeling that at least a couple of original cast members will be leaving around that time, so you might want to snag them before the resellers do!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1935Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 2/20/18 at 5:44pm

FYI, most of the $159 front-row seats are now available on Telecharge for Friday, 5/18.

michaelje7
#1936Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 2/20/18 at 7:19pm

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately, they all seem to be gone already. Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions

Lisa-upstate
#1937Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 2/23/18 at 9:23pm

RECENT REPORT FROM THE FRONT LINES!

so do ya wanna see Evan Hansen? Next week should be a perfect time to pull off what I did!

I arrived on Tues 20th at the Come From Away line(across the street from Dear Evan) at 9:40. I had my daughter and her friend. We were about 10th in line. As it got closer to 10AM, I wondered if Dear Evan opened their box office then too for some deals. I had seen Come From Away already, so at 10am, when I saw Dear Evan's door open, I walked over! at 10am! I was the only person there!!!! I asked 'do you have any cheap tickets for tonight?'. She said 'would you like standing room for $42?' I said sure and took a pair! I was out the door in 90 seconds. I walked back over to girls, and they were just about at the window there. They bought their rush seats for that show BUT they were very jealous of my score. I told them worry not...we will get you some tomorrow!

Lisa-upstate
#1938Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 2/23/18 at 9:28pm

I went to my show on Tues 20th. I took a friend's son with me. We had spots 105 and 106 for standing...dead center in front of stage, behind the half wall that is behind last row. This is a small theater and the view was amazing. THEN, at intermission, the usher came over and said 'do you want to sit in seats?'!! Ummmm, hell yeah! We were shown to Orch center, row 6 or so! Not bad for a $42 ticket! I saw other standing people get seated as well.

Now PLEASE don't walk in demanding all this happens to you or you will ruin a good thing we have going :)

I do think it will be quiet again next week so give it a try! My daughter and her friend returned the following morning at 9:30 and found 8 people there. They both got standing seats for $42, 105 and 104. They went to matinee and it was sold out so never upgraded to a seat. I would go Tues or Thurs.

Lisa-upstate
#1939Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 2/23/18 at 9:29pm

and Taylor was AMAZING!!!!!

LesWickedly
#1940Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 2/24/18 at 9:28am

Front row seats and other partial view seats are now available for June, didn’t check many dates, just the ones at the end of June, but got my front row seat! I know the view isn’t great, but I’ve seen the show a few times and wanted the experience.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1941Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 2/24/18 at 9:38am

LesWickedly said: "Front row seats and other partial view seats are now available for June, didn’t check many dates, just the ones at the end of June, but got my front row seat! I know the view isn’t great, but I’ve seen the show a few times and wanted the experience."

Without a seat cushion, the view isn't great, but with a seat cushion, or 2, in my case, it's perfect. After sitting there, I wouldn't want to see the show from any other place.

Updated On: 2/24/18 at 09:38 AM

LesWickedly
#1942Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 2/24/18 at 9:44am

I’m fairly tall, so I might feel bad using a cushion, but will if necessary :).

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1943Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 2/24/18 at 9:55am

What's really going to be interesting is that you'll probably be seeing some new cast members. It all depends on how many of the 6 remaining originals renew their contracts past May, although I'm assuming that not many will. I'm curious to see who they bring in.

LesWickedly
#1944Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 2/24/18 at 9:57am

I know! I’m very excited to see if there will be new cast members, but have heard most of the cast is thinking about renewing.

AlliAndTheCats
#1945Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 2/24/18 at 9:33pm

Are most current cast members set to be there through the last day of May? Seeing it on May 26th and hoping to catch RBJ.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1946Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 2/25/18 at 12:15am

AlliAndTheCats said: "Are most current cast members set to be there through the last day of May? Seeing it on May 26th and hoping to catch RBJ."

If anyone is leaving in May, it's more likely that their last day will be on 5/13 or 5/20, but that's just my personal speculation. We won't know until it's announced.

mmFan Profile Photo
mmFan
#1947Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 2/25/18 at 8:30am

I just saw that DEH is coming to my city next year (Toronto).  Wonder if it'll be just as hard to get tickets.  I know it will never be as good as when I saw it on Broadway (saw original cast!) but would still love to see it again and take my daughter.  She knows all the words (well, except for the first verse of Sincerely Me as I turn the sound down for that part when we listen in the car..lol)

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1948Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 3/7/18 at 10:39pm

If anyone's interested in seeing Kristolyn Lloyd's final performance this Sunday, 3/11, there are a handful of regularly-priced seats still available. Orchestra M 28, $199, orchestra N 21-23 $199, and mezzanine K 4, $135. On the full site, they only show up if the premium seats are unchecked. This will be the last chance to see Taylor with the rest of the original cast!

Updated On: 3/7/18 at 10:39 PM

bwaylistener
#1949Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 3/7/18 at 10:55pm

CT2NYC said: "If anyone's interested in seeing Kristolyn Lloyd's final performance this Sunday, 3/11, there are a handful of regularly-priced seats still available. Orchestra M 28, $199, orchestra N 21-23 $199, and mezzanine K 4, $135. On the full site, they only show up if the premium seats are unchecked. This will be the last chance to see Taylor with the rest of the original cast!"

Thanks! I meant to look for 4-day tickets today, but forgot! I just grabbed a seat for Sunday :)