pixeltracker

Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.- Page 20

Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.

Papi2013
#475Official HELLO, DOLLY! Sidecar Thread
Posted: 4/18/18 at 10:05pm

This was a fun thread till it became a ticket availability thread.  Can it go back to a Hello Dolly trivia thread?   Where’s Dollypop?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#476Official HELLO, DOLLY! Sidecar Thread
Posted: 4/19/18 at 12:58pm

Finally caught the show with the new cast, and Charlie Stemp really wowed, they really expanded the choreography and tuned the physicality to him perfectly. Show was in great shape, but his role in particular really changed the most since the OG OBC.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#477Official HELLO, DOLLY! Sidecar Thread
Posted: 4/19/18 at 4:43pm

I bought a signed Dolly card the other night, but can't figure out how to display it, since it is the Dolly Levi card on one side, and Bernadette's signature on the other. Anyone got a good line on some double-sided display options?

MyLife
#478Official HELLO, DOLLY! Sidecar Thread
Posted: 4/19/18 at 4:45pm

A two-sided glass picture frame?

First time seeing the show last week. I agree -- Stemp was incredible, a real standout. I loved Bernadette, despite her cold. Garber and Fontana were underwhelming, unfortunately. Had an understudy for Irene and thought Kristen Beth Williams was incredible! Griggs was great too as Minnie.

Updated On: 4/19/18 at 04:45 PM

whizzer_wins Profile Photo
whizzer_wins
#479Official HELLO, DOLLY! Sidecar Thread
Posted: 4/25/18 at 4:57pm

Has anyone ever sat in row K of the mezzanine ( last row ) ? I got two seats for my partner and I and was wondering what we should expect the view to be like. :) It’s center mezz, seats 109 and 110.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#480Official HELLO, DOLLY! Sidecar Thread
Posted: 4/25/18 at 5:04pm

whizzer_wins said: "Has anyone ever sat in row K of the mezzanine ( last row ) ? I got two seats for my partner and I and was wondering what we should expect the view to be like. :) It’s center mezz, seats 109 and 110."

Not seats I would have chosen.  But you will be fine .

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#481Official HELLO, DOLLY! Sidecar Thread
Posted: 4/25/18 at 5:12pm

I’ve been in Row J Mezz, right in front of where you are but far audience left courtesy of TDF for a Donna Murphy performance. I had bought 5 seats. I had seen the show many times before but when the BO gave me the tix and I saw the locs, I was disappointed. I was with some people who rarely get to go to Broadway and I was talking this show up a lot and I was hoping for better seats (I should say that TDF had a disclaimer then that all seating would be in the Balcony so I should have been happy to get the Mezz!) But I know the Shubert Theatre well and I know the slope of the Balcony above makes the back Mezz to have troubled sightlines. Sometimes the Balcony is better than the back Mezz because there is nothing above you.
Having said all that, they loved the show! They had no problem with the seats. There are a few brief scenes that are played at the top of the sets so you do miss a little. People were sort of scrunching down in their seats to see those moments. But they are just moments and, as I say, you don’t miss much.
So, enjoy! It’s a great show!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#482Official HELLO, DOLLY! Sidecar Thread
Posted: 4/25/18 at 5:54pm

whizzer_wins said: "Has anyone ever sat in row K of the mezzanine ( last row ) ? I got two seats for my partner and I and was wondering what we should expect the view to be like. :) It’s center mezz, seats 109 and 110."

BALCONY is better but you will still enjoy! Here's a view from Mezzanine H 102

Official HELLO, DOLLY! Sidecar Thread

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George