pixeltracker

Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.- Page 3

Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#50fficial Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/22/17 at 5:33pm

Sara Jessica Parker, Andy Cohen, and Matthew at the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjaDTejwAoM#t=130.837182534

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

brian1973
#51fficial Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/22/17 at 7:01pm

It was a starry opening night. No feature here on it? Pics from red carpet etc..? I may have missed it.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#52fficial Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/22/17 at 9:07pm

Hopefully soon. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#53fficial Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/23/17 at 11:42am

Bought my tickets for Aug. 30. Plenty of $89 available in the balcony, so I grabbed 3. Can't wait!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Dollypop
#54fficial Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/23/17 at 2:21pm

Those same tickets are even cheaper for the performances where Donna Murphy plays Dolly

As my birthday falls on a Tuesday,I'll be celebrating with Donna. The best way to face my next decade is with HELLO, DOLLY!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#55fficial Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/23/17 at 3:30pm

Might see Donna during Bette's vacation in July. I wonder if there might be a discount for those 2 weeks.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Dollypop
#56fficial Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/23/17 at 3:46pm

Probably

Let me know whenyou're going. It mmightbe nice to meet up!

Updated On: 4/23/17 at 03:46 PM

carnzee
#57fficial Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/23/17 at 3:49pm

Dollypop said: "Those same tickets are even cheaper for the performances where Donna Murphy plays Dolly

As my birthday falls on a Tuesday,I'll be celebrating with Donna. The best way to face my next decade is with HELLO, DOLLY!

Someone said they thought Donna would be more like Ruth Gordon in The Matchmaker. I've only seen Ruth in Rosemary's Baby, so I'm not sure what that means. 

Dollypop
#58fficial Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/23/17 at 3:52pm

Actually, Bette sounded a bit like Ruth in some of her book scenes. I also heard a little Shirley Booth in her voice.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#59fficial Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/23/17 at 6:10pm

Dollypop said: "Probably

Let me know whenyou're going. It mmightbe nice to meet up!

"

That would be wonderful. I'll keep you posted as the dates get closer.

Dollypop
#60fficial Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/24/17 at 6:31am

Sounds good!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#61Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/26/17 at 12:43pm

Interesting article and review from The New Yorker.  Gives some history on Bette.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/05/01/bette-midler-brings-her-best-to-hello-dolly

Dollypop
#62Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/26/17 at 1:42pm

Thanks for posting this, DAME. It's an excellent article despite the author's fondness for that God-awful thing 20th Century Fox produced.

Dollypop
#63Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/26/17 at 2:24pm

I guess this is the right place to share this:

I was called to work the other day and it's a 40 minute drive to school each way. On the way home I took out my phone and found the '94 cast album of DOLLY! and played it. I didn't have my earbuds or the Bluetooth device, I was just listening to the music from that tiny pin hole in the phone. To hear better, I put the phone in that special phone pocket that you find in newer jackets. 

When I reached my town, I realized I needed a few items for supper so I went to the local grocery store before heading home. I met one of the ladies from church who knows of my DOLLY obsession and began a conversation with her when her face blanked and she blurted out: "I don't believe this! The music from that show is coming out of your skin!"

You see, I'd neglected to shut off the phone in my pocket and the waiters were blasting out the title song in my pocket as we spoke. I have to admit, it must have seemed odd.

Updated On: 4/26/17 at 02:24 PM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#64Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/26/17 at 9:05pm

Someone just posted a pic of Howard Stern in the audience tonight walking in with his wife into the theater.  I must say I really have been enjoying the instagram posts on this show.  From the celebs spotted to the nightly stage door postings.  I guess I am a little late to the party.  But it is so fascinating to me how social media lets me peek in on broadway in a non commercial and sanitized way.  I love it.  

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#65Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/27/17 at 8:35pm

Before the parade passes by....

Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread. photo hellod 1.jpg"/>

Updated On: 4/27/17 at 08:35 PM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#66Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/27/17 at 8:37pm

Girl.. that won't open. 

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#67Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/27/17 at 8:39pm

I've never been able to figure out what it is I am doing wrong with these uploads. I'm just copying the link from Photobucket, but it's not clean. Apologies.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#68Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/27/17 at 8:40pm

Ok.  I now see the duck one.  You are a tease. Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#69Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/27/17 at 9:30pm

I love Bette's digs !

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/bette-midler-manhattan-penthouse-article

Gpvegas
#70Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/29/17 at 1:23pm

Back to the original purpose. I sat in C101 in the Mezz last night and it was an incredible view. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#71Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/29/17 at 7:01pm

Dollypop said: "To those who have access to the NY Times review: take a look at the picture of Bette on the staircase. Doesn't her face look out of proportion? Photoshop anyone?

"I found it...

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#72Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/29/17 at 7:12pm

Robbie2 said: "Dollypop said: "To those who have access to the NY Times review: take a look at the picture of Bette on the staircase. Doesn't her face look out of proportion? Photoshop anyone?

"I found it...

"Here's a better quality

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Dollypop
#73Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/29/17 at 10:16pm

Thanks for posting the pictures. It's the shadow under Bette's chin that mashes the photo look awkward.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#74Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 4/30/17 at 3:56pm

Such analysis.