pixeltracker

Riedel on London plays possibly transferring- Page 2

Riedel on London plays possibly transferring

JBC3
#25Riedel on London plays possibly transferring
Posted: 5/10/17 at 5:47pm

I loved Angels at Signature in 2010, but the London production is simply stunning. We need it here live.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#26Riedel on London plays possibly transferring
Posted: 5/10/17 at 6:19pm

This is a long shot, but what if Lincoln Center produced Angels at its original home, the Walter Kerr, as they co-produced Falsetto's there. 

GreasedLightning
#27Riedel on London plays possibly transferring
Posted: 5/10/17 at 10:50pm

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like that idea. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#28Riedel on London plays possibly transferring
Posted: 5/10/17 at 11:30pm

GreasedLightning said: "Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like that idea. 

"Cool... I was in high school when I saw it there. Damn time flies!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#29Riedel on London plays possibly transferring
Posted: 5/10/17 at 11:34pm

I think Junk should for sure go into a smaller space like the Kerr. 

BakerWilliams Profile Photo
BakerWilliams
#30Riedel on London plays possibly transferring
Posted: 5/10/17 at 11:52pm

Junk has a cast of 17 I believe. It's a pretty enormous play.

"In memory, everything happens to music"

GreasedLightning
#31Riedel on London plays possibly transferring
Posted: 5/11/17 at 12:01am

Another fact to note: Angels is currently playing at the Lyttelton with 890 seats. The Kerr is close in size with 925. 

neonlightsxo
#32Riedel on London plays possibly transferring
Posted: 5/11/17 at 2:11pm

Who started the rumor that Rosencrantz is transferring? It's not.

smidge
#33Riedel on London plays possibly transferring
Posted: 5/11/17 at 2:37pm

neonlightsxo said: "Who started the rumor that Rosencrantz is transferring? It's not.

No one in this thread said it was transferring.  People were just inquiring about the possibility or hoping it would.

SueBee06
#34Riedel on London plays possibly transferring
Posted: 5/11/17 at 5:06pm

RippedMan said: "On paper, Angels makes sense. But having seen Part 2 - which I quite enjoyed - it's a MASSIVE production. The beginning of Act 2 the entire set is pulled back and swallowed up, and the entire front edge of the stage is a giant trap door. There's flying, there's pyro. There are multiple big set pieces that slide on and off. It would only make sense at Lincoln Center, but they have My Fair Lady coming, so I doubt it would be this upcoming season. 

The set pull back is just breathtaking. I'm sitting here trying to do the logistics in my head for how to make it work on a more shallow stage and I can't see it working quite as seamlessly. The Lyttleton has set storage the exact same size as the stage behind it (and to the side of it as well) which is why the pull back worked. I honestly didn't love the set in part 1, but that pull back made me sit and rethink it. I ultimately came to the conclusion that it might have been worth it just for that moment.

The night I was there for part 2, the set got stuck after Roy died. We had an extra long interval, which made a 4:10 play more like 4:30. Andrew Garfield's performance made it totally worth it though.

I would honestly love them to bring over Staunton's Virginia Woolf. Her performance as well as Conleth Hill's left me utterly shattered by the end.

Updated On: 5/11/17 at 05:06 PM

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#35Riedel on London plays possibly transferring
Posted: 5/11/17 at 5:15pm

If Staunton were to transfer in a freqeuntly-revived show, I'd so much rather see Virginia Woolf than Gypsy. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#36Riedel on London plays possibly transferring
Posted: 5/11/17 at 10:34pm

Missed Part 1! It's a gorgeous production, but I'd think just design wise and space wise it would only make sense at the Beaumont, unless they are going to rethink it. 

Unclear about Junk! Didn't know it was that big of a show!

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#37Riedel on London plays possibly transferring
Posted: 5/11/17 at 11:09pm

Imelda as Martha absolutely blew me away. I was speechless by the end. She might be definitive for me.

My expectations for Angels were too high, I think. It's an uneven production of a masterpiece.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#39Riedel on London plays possibly transferring
Posted: 5/12/17 at 12:29am

Having watched "Gypsy" and having seen the most recent production of "Woolf," I'd totally welcome this.