10086sunset
#2Angela Lansbury Wants To Solve More Murders
Posted: 8/5/17 at 12:44pm

How did she go 0-12 at the Emmy's?

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#3Angela Lansbury Wants To Solve More Murders
Posted: 8/5/17 at 2:56pm

I think she's great, but at her age, if they want to do this...they'd better hurry up.

Jarethan
#4Angela Lansbury Wants To Solve More Murders
Posted: 8/5/17 at 9:58pm

10086sunset said: "How did she go 0-12 at the Emmy's?

She actually went 0-18, since she had 6 nominations for shows other than Murder she Wrote.

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#5Angela Lansbury Wants To Solve More Murders
Posted: 8/5/17 at 11:16pm

Is there anyone left in Cabot Cove?  I thought everyone was either murdered or serving a life sentence.  

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#6Angela Lansbury Wants To Solve More Murders
Posted: 8/7/17 at 1:04am

Jarethan said: "10086sunset said: "How did she go 0-12 at the Emmy's?

She actually went 0-18, since she had 6 nominations for shows other than Murder she Wrote.

"

Well, that's a crime. But I blame the format of MURDER for 12 of those losses. The show didn't really give her the big emotional scenes that win awards; the really hammy stuff went to the villains.

nasty_khakis
#7Angela Lansbury Wants To Solve More Murders
Posted: 8/7/17 at 7:06am

"The show didn't really give her the big emotional scenes that win awards;"

I know the show was in drama, but I always say "How do you win best actor in a sitcom? Cry in one scene."

KnewItWhenIWasInFron
#8Angela Lansbury Wants To Solve More Murders
Posted: 8/7/17 at 12:06pm

Maybe the show simply hasn't aged well but I've seen several in recent weeks (it's on Hallmark Mysteries and Movies Channel) and her performance is quite broad in it.

bennyb86
#9Angela Lansbury Wants To Solve More Murders
Posted: 8/8/17 at 3:39pm

10086sunset said: "How did she go 0-12 at the Emmy's?

"

There are some interviews about it.  Basically the Guest Stars got all the big acting scenes but there were a couple where she should have one.  No idea what episodes they submitted for each season but the one where the other mystery writer tried to poison her stands out in my memory. 

" I've been here one year, this is my fifth murder. What is this, the death capitol of Maine? On a per capita basis this place makes the south Bronx look like Sunny Brooke farms!"

Videos