pixeltracker

BILL MURRAY at GHD again- Page 2

BILL MURRAY at GHD again

sjewell88
#25BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/10/17 at 12:08pm

It was actually quite a starry night at GHD last night.  In addition to Bill Murray being there again, Jackie Hoffman was there on C& the CF's night off as well as other members of that show's cast.  And at intermission I passed a guy who looked so familiar to me,(mid 40s, salt and pepper hair, very handsome).  Later I figured out it was Jim Acosta from CNN.  He was there with his boys in the front row.

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#26BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/10/17 at 12:24pm

I am so hoping that this show lasts until mid October because I want to see it and am coming from California.  Kicking myself for not seeing it in May, but thought that it would survive long enough for me to get back there.  Would have loved to have seen Bill Murray in person!

shanphelia Profile Photo
shanphelia
#27BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/10/17 at 2:28pm

As someone who loves GHD enough to have gone over 10 times, I'm thrilled by what national level publicity I've seen as a result of Murray's attendance. Friends from around the country who aren't really into Bway (but know I am, and know I love this show) have been messaging me about Murray's visit because they read/heard about it.  Anything to build buzz around it again is a good thing! It's a hard show to sell from just a snippet/song. I'm glad the news stories are talking about Murray's emotional journey watching the show, as that's been the part of the show I've appreciated the most, but have a hard time communicating outside of just saying "go see the show!!"

Margo319
#28BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/10/17 at 3:34pm

I was there last night.  Bill is so awesome and warm.  Was wonderful to be near him and to hear him laugh and cry at the show  He just let it all go.  I hope this helps the show tremendously.  

JustAnotherNewYorker
#29BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/10/17 at 3:44pm

Margo,

Where was he sitting? I was speaking with someone in row C (where he was tuesday) and they didn't see him even though they heard he was in the house...

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#30BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/10/17 at 4:59pm

shanphelia said: "As someone who loves GHD enough to have gone over 10 times, I'm thrilled by what national level publicity I've seen as a result of Murray's attendance. Friends from around the country who aren't really into Bway (but know I am, and know I love this show) have been messaging me about Murray's visit because they read/heard about it.  Anything to build buzz around it again is a good thing! It's a hard show to sell from just a snippet/song. I'm glad the news stories are talking about Murray's emotional journey watching the show, as that's been the part of the show I've appreciated the most, but have a hard time communicating outside of just saying "go see the show!!"

Were you at the Monday night show? At the stage door there was a man who was seeing it for the 11th time, all the actors knew him, I thought it was really nicE

10086Sundays
#31BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/10/17 at 5:02pm

JustAnotherNewYorker said: "Margo,

Where was he sitting? I was speaking with someone in row C (where he was tuesday) and they didn't see him even though they heard he was in the house...
"

He wasn't in row C Tuesday.  He was in H.

Margo319
#32BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/10/17 at 5:25pm

Last night he was in the mid orchestra center.  

JustAnotherNewYorker
#33BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/10/17 at 6:08pm

wonder if he's going tonight...

JustAnotherNewYorker
#34BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/10/17 at 6:16pm

Leaf Coneybear said: "shanphelia said: "As someone who loves GHD enough to have gone over 10 times, I'm thrilled by what national level publicity I've seen as a result of Murray's attendance. Friends from around the country who aren't really into Bway (but know I am, and know I love this show) have been messaging me about Murray's visit because they read/heard about it.  Anything to build buzz around it again is a good thing! It's a hard show to sell from just a snippet/song. I'm glad the news stories are talking about Murray's emotional journey watching the show, as that's been the part of the show I've appreciated the most, but have a hard time communicating outside of just saying "go see the show!!"

Were you at the Monday night show? At the stage door there was a man who was seeing it for the 11th time, all the actors knew him, I thought it was really nicE

"

That man was probably me (there were a few other 11 timers there yesterday, but they were all female--monday I might have been the only one there)

The funny thing, I'm down to once a month for the last 2 months or so--if I kept up my early pace.... 

Updated On: 8/10/17 at 06:16 PM

10086Sundays
#35BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/10/17 at 6:16pm

I had the same thought. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he got up on stage and walked through a couple of town scenes at this point.

HSky
#36BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/10/17 at 6:52pm

Glad to see other repeat visitors on this thread. I hit double digits last night but regret that it was my matinee seats in the orchestra and evening in rear mezz since I missed out on spotting Bill Murray. BILL MURRAY at GHD again

JustAnotherNewYorker
#37BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/10/17 at 7:05pm

I regret that I was deciding between Monday and Tuesday to go, and decided to go Monday. It would have been nice to see Bill Murray (and to see Danny). Regret, also, that I didn't choose to go yesterday, either-birthday dinner.

I was visiting with some friends in the area afterward, and one of the cast told me that Bill was backstage drinking a beer. Never did see him though.

Margo319
#38BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/10/17 at 8:04pm

I hope this boosts sales of the show, its so great and Andy is such a stand up guy.  Love the pictures!!!

shanphelia Profile Photo
shanphelia
#39BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/11/17 at 9:08am

"Leaf Coneybear said: Were you at the Monday night show? At the stage door there was a man who was seeing it for the 11th time, all the actors knew him, I thought it was really nicE"

It wasn't me on Monday, but sounds like it was JustAnotherNewYorker! I'm so glad that others are repeat offenders to same degree I am -- this show really took me by surprise with how much of an emotional impact it has had on me.  I go back again next Tuesday with some out of town visitors, then also next Saturday with my regular partner in theatrical crime! 

"

That man was probably me (there were a few other 11 timers there yesterday, but they were all female--monday I might have been the only one there)

The funny thing, I'm down to once a month for the last 2 months or so--if I kept up my early pace.... 

"

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#40BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/11/17 at 7:37pm

Here's a really wonderful interview with Bill Murray about seeing GHD:

http://www.wnyc.org/story/bill-murray/

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#41BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/11/17 at 7:52pm

That is sweet.

10086Sundays
#42BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/11/17 at 7:55pm

Did I hear right, he said he asked people outside the theater if they wanted to see it with him and they said no? Why did I have to go to the matinee that day?!  I would have said yes, even if I had a ticket.

Updated On: 8/11/17 at 07:55 PM

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#43BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/11/17 at 10:31pm

10086Sundays said: "Did I hear right, he said he asked people outside the theater if they wanted to see it with him and they said no? Why did I have to go to the matinee that day?!  I would have said yes, even if I had a ticket.

"

I think people probably thought he was trolling. He does have a reputation as, well, Bill Murray. 

Margo319
#44BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/11/17 at 11:30pm

Yes, he did ask people on the street, and some people, shockingly, do not want to attend a Broadway show.  It's always crazy to me.  But, perhaps that was it, or they did know who he was, or never heard of the show.  So weird!  I am thrilled for the people who said yes though!!

Margo319
#45BILL MURRAY at GHD again
Posted: 8/11/17 at 11:30pm

Yes, he did ask people on the street, and some people, shockingly, do not want to attend a Broadway show.  It's always crazy to me.  But, perhaps that was it, or they did not know who he was, or never heard of the show.  So weird!  I am thrilled for the people who said yes though!!