Phantom Broadway 30th?

Tking0012
#100Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 11/14/17 at 2:54pm

Do we think they will release tickets for 1-24-18? 

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#101Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 11/14/17 at 2:58pm

Tking0012 said: "Do we think they will release tickets for 1-24-18?"

I don't know what to think. For the 25th, it was a messy lottery-type giveaway of a few seats in the back of the balcony, as the rest of the house was given to "dignitaries" and past cast members.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#102Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 11/14/17 at 3:07pm

I'd still hope they do.

Say what you want about James, in his speech at this year's anniversary he gave special credit and shout out to the fans in a way quite frankly the producers of Phantom in particular hardly ever do. So I do hope there is some fan recognition and tickets.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#103Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 11/14/17 at 5:06pm

Lot666 said: "Tking0012 said: "Do we think they will release tickets for 1-24-18?"

I don't know what to think. For the 25th, it was a messy lottery-type giveaway of a few seats in the back of the balcony, as the rest of the house was given to "dignitaries" and past cast members.
"

I attended the 25th and didn't have to sign up for any lottery.  I was able to get mezzanine seats via telecharge for regular price, and I didn't know anyone in the cast or crew.  Still waiting for an official announcement.

Tking0012
#104Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 11/14/17 at 5:39pm

I was at the 25th as well but I didn't get them until like 2 days before. 

I'm hoping not to have to play that anxiety game again for the 30th 

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#105Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 11/15/17 at 8:15am

bwaylyric said: "I attended the 25th and didn't have to sign up for any lottery. I was able to get mezzanine seats via telecharge for regular price, and I didn't know anyone in the cast or crew."

How did you do that? I don't recall any tickets being on sale to the public; I got mine at the last minute when an online acquaintance won the lottery but couldn't actually go.

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#106Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 11/15/17 at 9:24am

I think it was both, because I remember the box office sale was just on one day (the day I was flying in) so I couldn't do it

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#107Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 11/15/17 at 10:58am

Tking0012 said: "I was at the 25th as well but I didn't get them until like 2 days before.

"

I suspect that we will, unfortunately, be playing that game again. For the 25th, did you have to stand out in the (literally) freezing wind in Shubert Alley, waiting for the PR woman to come hand out the tickets? It was bitter!

mozgrrl Profile Photo
mozgrrl
#108Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 11/15/17 at 11:10am

I am already stressed out and have been for a month. They need to stop teasing with the "announcements regarding the celebration coming in the next few weeks" BS.....the fans should be the FIRST ones to get tickets IMHO. (insert mad face here)

Lot666 said: "Tking0012 said: "I was at the 25th as well but I didn't get them until like 2 days before.

"

I suspect that we will, unfortunately, be playing that game again. For the 25th, did you have to stand out in the (literally) freezing wind in Shubert Alley, waiting for the PR woman to come hand out the tickets? It was bitter!
"

mozgrrl Profile Photo
mozgrrl
#109Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 11/15/17 at 1:44pm

I am bugging the sh*t out of the people who run the POTO FB page about this Bway 30th Anniversary...lol I keep asking them to consider the fans when they release tickets for the 24th...haha, hoping the squeaky wheel thing goes into effect here!!!  Can't hurt, right?

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#110Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 11/15/17 at 1:55pm

Good luck with that, mozgrrllaugh

bryan32
#111Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 11/15/17 at 4:41pm

this show needs to colesd and just go on tour

labellaragazza1 Profile Photo
labellaragazza1
#112Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 11/15/17 at 9:25pm

bryan32 said: "this show needs to colesd and just go on tour"

lol it's been on tour for the last what, 20 years? It still pulls in better grosses than some newcomers, so i doubt it will close soon, especially if the Barbour scandal didn't make sales drop enough to worry. 

mozgrrl Profile Photo
mozgrrl
#113Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 11/30/17 at 11:02am

Has anyone heard a peep about this yet?!?!?!

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#114Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 11/30/17 at 11:04am

mozgrrl said: "Has anyone heard a peep about this yet?!?!?!"

Absolutely nothing. They sure are waiting til the last minute. By the time they make tickets available to the public (if they do), it will be too late for non-locals to plan a trip to NY.

mozgrrl Profile Photo
mozgrrl
#115Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 12/20/17 at 2:35pm

So I heard from a very reliable source that Peter Joback is in town (NYC) to do a photoshoot today for the 30th. I can't wait to see the photos!!

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#116Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 12/20/17 at 2:51pm

mozgrrl said: "So I heard from a very reliable source that Peter Joback is in town (NYC) to do a photoshoot today for the 30th. I can't wait to see the photos!!"

Here's hoping they accompany some sort of announcement for the celebration plans!

mozgrrl Profile Photo
mozgrrl
#117Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 12/20/17 at 3:11pm

Lot666 said: "mozgrrl said: "So I heard from a very reliable source that Peter Joback is in town (NYC) to do a photoshoot today for the 30th. I can't wait to see the photos!!"

Here's hoping they accompany some sort of announcement for the celebration plans!
"

YAAHHHSSS! Here's to hoping Lot666.

I saw a pic on Peter's Instagram of his costume fitting (cute!!!!) and he's rehearsing now as well...then going back to Europe for the holiday while Laird takes over. Peter's first day as Phantom is January 15th, I believe. Excited to see him in the role on the 26th!

Phantom4ever
#118Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 12/20/17 at 3:46pm

I have a (new) friend who claims that his former modeling agency was given free tickets to Phantom's 30th anniversary and that they modeling agency is giving them to him. My gut tells me he's lying, or possibly just confused, but do you think this is at all a possibility?  He said that they gave out about 100 tickets to local corporations and businesses. 

mozgrrl Profile Photo
mozgrrl
#119Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 12/20/17 at 4:04pm

Phantom4ever said: "I have a (new) friend who claims that his former modeling agency was given free tickets to Phantom's 30th anniversary and that they modeling agency is giving them to him. My gut tells me he's lying, or possibly just confused, but do you think this is at all a possibility? He said that they gave out about 100 tickets to local corporations and businesses."

I was at the show this past Saturday and spoke to the lady at the box office. She told me that they are not initially selling tickets to the public for that show that it's invite only, but that they may release some MEZZ tickets for the public and I should keep checking back. It sounded hopeless for the phans, honestly....but I am still holding out.

labellaragazza1 Profile Photo
labellaragazza1
#120Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 12/20/17 at 5:26pm

mozgrrl said: "Phantom4ever said: "I have a (new) friend who claims that his former modeling agency was given free tickets to Phantom's 30th anniversary and that they modeling agency is giving them to him. My gut tells me he's lying, or possibly just confused, but do you think this is at all a possibility? He said that they gave out about 100 tickets to local corporations and businesses."

I was at the show this past Saturday and spoke to the lady at the box office. She told me that they are not initially selling tickets to the public for that show that it's invite only, but that they may release some MEZZ tickets for the public and I should keep checking back. It sounded hopeless for the phans, honestly....but I am still holding out.

Glad I got tickets for the actual 30th anniversary just in case the celebration performance isn't accessible. Still disappointing if they don't open it to the public

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#121Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 12/21/17 at 8:47am

Phantom4ever said: "I have a (new) friend who claims that his former modeling agency was given free tickets to Phantom's 30th anniversary and that they modeling agency is giving them to him. My gut tells me he's lying, or possibly just confused, but do you think this is at all a possibility? He said that they gave out about 100 tickets to local corporations and businesses."

I'm inclined to disbelieve his story as well. For the 25th, much of the house was given to "dignitaries" and former cast and creative team members, with only a handful of seats way up in the balcony made available to the public (through some sort of social media lottery, if I recall correctly). There won't be any shortage of demand, so I can see no reason why they would give away 100 tickets to "local corporations and businesses".

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#122Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 12/21/17 at 8:51am

mozgrrl said: "I saw a pic on Peter's Instagram of his costume fitting (cute!!!!) and he's rehearsing now as well...then going back to Europe for the holiday while Laird takes over."

If you've never seen Laird Mackintosh as the Phantom, I highly recommend doing so while you have a chance. His take on the role pays homage to Michael Crawford and he's really very good, from both an acting and singing perspective. Honestly, part of me wishes they'd give the role to him when Mr. Joback is done, but then I'd miss him as Andre.

Updated On: 12/21/17 at 08:51 AM

mozgrrl Profile Photo
mozgrrl
#123Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 12/21/17 at 9:27am

Lot666 said: "mozgrrl said: "I saw a pic on Peter's Instagram of his costume fitting (cute!!!!) and he's rehearsing now as well...then going back to Europe for the holiday while Laird takes over."

If you've never seen Laird Mackintosh at the Phantom, I highly recommend doing so while you have a chance. His take on the role pays homage to Michael Crawford and he's really very good, from both anacting and singing perspective. Honestly, part of me wishes they'd give the roleto him when Mr. Joback is done, but then I'd miss him as Andre.
"

It's funny you say that Laird compares to MC, I totally agree. I lucked out and saw him once when James got sick and he was AMAZING. He made me cry at they end even after seeing the show a million times. If a Phantom can make me cry at the end at this point, that speaks volumes. He ranks up there as one of my favorite Phantoms, although he seemed a little nervous at first during that particular show. It can't be easy going back and forth in those 2 roles. I have never seen Peter perform the role, so I am looking forward to catching that on the 26th.

This past Sat, Laird was still on vacation and another guy played Andre...not sure of his name, but he was GREAT and super funny. I wish they'd give it to Laird after Peter for a longer run.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#124Phantom Broadway 30th?
Posted: 12/21/17 at 12:44pm

The 30th anniversary celebration performance will take place at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 24, with an after-party at the Rainbow Room.