Come From Away rush

Fiyero13
#100Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/21/18 at 6:12pm

anymore updates on this, i'll be at a friends birthday party the night before, so I'm debating whether to stay at a hostel or sleeping next to the theater, I was planning on getting there on 9 on a Saturday, would that be too late to get SRO tickets?

any input would be appreciated

anislander
#101Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/21/18 at 6:16pm

9 is likely to be too late, in my experience, people really started showing up at 8. I would say on a Saturday to guarantee you get tickets you should be there by 7am.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#102Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/21/18 at 6:22pm

Saturdays are always the busiest. Two show day and with the weather getting nice, 9am is going to be too late. To play it safe, aim for 7:30am if you don't mind what show(2pm or 8pm) or if you get SRO.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Fiyero13
#103Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/21/18 at 8:02pm

Thanks I guess another question would be would you do SRO, I've already seen CFA rush in the far left, so I want to get another vantage point, how about extreme right vs. SRO

Thanks for the input

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#104Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/21/18 at 10:08pm

I actually prefer SRO over their rush seats if you don't mind standing for 100 minutes.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Fiyero13
#105Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/21/18 at 10:30pm

ACL2006 said: "I actually prefer SRO over their rush seats if you don't mind standing for 100 minutes."

I definitely don't mind especially if its a better vantage point.

So how does SRO work, if you're in line and you want to be sure to be SRO, do you just stand there and let people buy tickets until it becomes available, and also, if I were to see a night show do I have to wait till the afternoon to purchase them. 

I know the answer is probably in this thread, but I would have to go through 4 pages

ilysespieces
#106Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/21/18 at 11:40pm

Fiyero13 said: "ACL2006 said: "I actually prefer SRO over their rush seats if you don't mind standing for 100 minutes."

I definitely don't mind especially if its a better vantage point.

So how does SRO work, if you're in line and you want to be sure to be SRO, do you just stand there and let people buy tickets until it becomes available, and also, if I were to see a night show do I have to wait till the afternoon to purchase them.

I know the answer is probably in this thread, but I would have to go through 4 pages

"

I went today, got there at 650am and there were 8 people in line in front of me. I think 5 wanted evening, a couple buying one, the others got matinee. When I got to the window and asked for 2 for the evening show he said they only had SRO and sold me two. Thankfully their SRO policy isn't like Waitress, and you can buy them from the same line and without having to wait until right before the show. There were maybe 40 people behind us in line ~9am and I doubt many of them got tickets, they only have ~14 (I think, maybe 16?)SRO spots. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#107Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/22/18 at 10:20am

SRO can be purchased as soon as they start selling rush tix, as long as the show is sold out. there is typically 20 rush tix and 18-22 SRO tix.

Fiyero13
#108Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/22/18 at 10:38am

ACL2006 said: "SRO can be purchased as soon as they start selling rush tix, as long as the show is sold out. there is typically 20 rush tix and 18-22 SRO tix."

oh that must be different from when I saw it in June because they wouldn't sell rush ticket ticket until SRO were all out.  My friends birthday will end at 3 AM, so it looks like rather then get accommodations I'm sleeping in front of the theater

SpyOnTheInside
#109Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/22/18 at 2:35pm

When I went a few months ago I was 11th in line. The guy at the tix window showed me what seats were left and all seats were far right. He agreed that I'd get a better view from SRO and happily sold me SRO even with seats still available. It's not a long show, no intermission, and keeps you entertained enough so that you don't mind standing (even my 13 yr old daughter didn't complain, and she usually hates standing!) Some shows may not be worth it, but IMO this is a perfect show for SRO - Short, entertaining, and a great view.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#110Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/22/18 at 2:49pm

Their rush/SRO policy was slightly different during the first 6 months. SRO would be sold once all rush tickets were sold. Also, on two show days, SRO for the evening show wouldn't be sold until after the matinee started. I think it got too chaotic for the box office to deal with 20+ people in the lobby while the matinee was going on.

Fiyero13
#111Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/22/18 at 4:57pm

ACL2006 said: "Their rush/SRO policy was slightly different during the first 6 months. SRO would be sold once all rush tickets were sold. Also, on two show days, SRO for the evening show wouldn't be sold until after the matinee started. I think it got too chaotic for the box office to deal with 20+ people in the lobby while the matinee was going on."

Thanks looks like i'll be rushing 3 AM for a SRO spot, also if anybody wants a ticket, i'll be going solo and will be getting tickets for the evening show thanks

kmissa
#112Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/27/18 at 6:12pm

Which day are you going? I work in the area and can bring coffee or snacks on my way to work.

fyeahmaria Profile Photo
fyeahmaria
#113Come From Away rush
Posted: 4/30/18 at 11:04pm

I was in the area yesterday (sunday 4/29) and saw there were only about 25 people in line so I figured I might as well try. Got in line at 11.59. Rush sold out about 5 people in front of me. A few people were buying tickets for future performances. But I was lucky enough to score a SRO ticket! I'm also pretty sure it was not the last ticket. I had planned to get up at 6 next Saturday to rush so really happy it worked out so easily! And the view was amazing as was the show!

Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty.

Eric Adamcik
#114Come From Away rush
Posted: 5/9/18 at 7:01am

I’m currently at the Schoenfeld Theatre on a Wednesday morning. I showed up at 5:15, and now it’s 7:00 with no one here! So I’d definitely recommend coming here at about 7 on a weekday morning, particularly on a two-show day.

That said, it’ll get more crowded as the summer goes on, so it couldn’t hurt to show up earlier than 7 like I did.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#115Come From Away rush
Posted: 5/9/18 at 9:33am

I've noticed Wednesdays are the best day to rush. 1.) It's a weekday and 2.) It's a two show day. So even 8:00/8:30 is a safe bet if you're also ok doing SRO.

BroadwayAndSports
#116Come From Away rush
Posted: 6/7/18 at 6:56pm

Has anyone rushed on a Saturday recently? Hoping to go this Saturday but I’m coming from about 2 hours outside of the city. Do you think getting there at 8am would be okay?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#117Come From Away rush
Posted: 6/7/18 at 9:21pm

8am should be fine if you're ok getting SRO. Doubt you'll get a rush seat if you arrive by 8am.

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#118Come From Away rush
Posted: 6/8/18 at 10:47am

My parents arrived at 7am and got the last rush ticket. They were not selling SRO and were told to go back at 4. The woman in the box office spoke to them with such contempt they were horrified. One word responses and extremely abrupt.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#119Come From Away rush
Posted: 6/8/18 at 1:30pm

SRO is only sold when the show is sold out. When the box office opened, the show wasn't sold out yet but they always do which is why you were told to return later.

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#120Come From Away rush
Posted: 6/8/18 at 3:03pm

Completely understand that, but there’s a way for the box office staff to communicate that without being aggressive and giving one word responses.

BroadwayAndSports
#121Come From Away rush
Posted: 6/9/18 at 10:29am

Mark_E said: "My parents arrived at 7am and got the last rush ticket. They were not selling SRO and were told to go back at 4. The woman in the box office spoke to them with such contempt they were horrified. One word responses and extremely abrupt."

Update: same thing happened to me today. Got there at about 7:30, rush sold out the person in front of me, and they weren’t selling SRO as the show isn’t sold out. Was told to come back later. But the box office person was just really arrogant about it. 

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#122Come From Away rush
Posted: 6/9/18 at 10:42am

We were second and third in line today, there must have been 50 in line when the box office opened. 

And yes, same person today at the box office as yesterday, although I at least got a thank you out of her (and some tickets!)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#123Come From Away rush
Posted: 6/9/18 at 1:28pm

That really sucks to hear this. I've rushed/SRO the show 7 times already and have always had a good experience with the box office staff. I guess I've never dealt with this woman.

TranVanDinh Profile Photo
TranVanDinh
#124Come From Away rush
Posted: 6/9/18 at 2:10pm

Maybe it depends on the employee you get at Box. 

When I was there last month on the weekend we got SRO twice when the show wasn't sold out.  The first time she offered it to us first and the second time we asked.