pixeltracker

David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway- Page 4

David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#75David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/28/18 at 9:55pm

I want to try and see the show again with Cook & Ghee. Saw Cook with Wayne on Cook's first night and was very impressed. Really want to see Ghee again. Curious what the company considers their first & second covers for Lola? Ghee seems to miss often since his return and Krauss & Stephane Duret might just rotate when they go on. It also doesn't seem like OBC Kevin Kirkwood rarely goes on as Lola. I tend to pass by the theater often and notice the board and Kirkwood doesn't appear to have gone on as Lola in a while. Instead is always Krauss or Duret on as Lola.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#76David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/28/18 at 11:15pm

Last time I spoke to Kirkwood (which, granted, was awhile ago) he told me he has never gone on as Lola.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#77David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/28/18 at 11:25pm

There's audio of Kirkwood's Lola, so he's gone on, he's just clearly the third cover.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#78David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/28/18 at 11:36pm

robskynyc said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I spoke with someone the other day who told me they’re close to bringing in someone “big” after Cook leaves, but it’s not official yet and they’re sill hoping. No idea of who that could be."

RuPaul as Lola? lmao omg no really tho...
"

In that same vein, I am begging to see Kennedy Davenport as Lola! She can sing, dance, and has the comedy chops.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

MannPhan24601
ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#80David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 8/2/18 at 6:16pm

FYI, Cook's been out a bit since July 26 with John Jeffrey Martin and Corey Mach rotating as Charlie Price.

Sarah329
#81David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 8/2/18 at 8:18pm

How is David Cook as Charlie? I saw the show with Andy Kelso as Charlie and loved him and the show. Would love to go again, but debating whether I should see David or wait for the next Charlie.

MannPhan24601
#82David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 8/3/18 at 10:30am

ACL2006 said: "FYI, Cook's been out a bit since July 26 with John Jeffrey Martin and Corey Mach rotating as Charlie Price."

Last night was his first night out(Mach was on ) . He didn't do his weekly radio show on Weds for being sick. He only missed one show during his first run.  He has a scheduled absence on August 26 .Kinky had the understudies perform at Bryant Park for some reason but had the principals perform at the event in the Bronx the next day

Updated On: 8/3/18 at 10:30 AM

BroadwayNoob
#83David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 8/3/18 at 11:30am

Sarah329 said: "How is David Cook as Charlie? I saw the show with Andy Kelso as Charlie and loved him and the show. Would love to go again, but debating whether I should see David or wait for the next Charlie."

Definitely see David. I wasn't expecting anything from him but he blew me away. 

Sarah329
#84David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 8/8/18 at 7:44pm

So I saw David this afternoon and WOW. At first I didn’t like him but then he sang Step One and he was fantastic! J Harrison was out so Blaine Krauss was on as Lola. David did not stagedoor but the security guard says he only stagedoors after evening shows.

MannPhan24601
#85David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 8/8/18 at 8:44pm

Sarah329 said: "So I saw David this afternoon and WOW. At first I didn’t like him but then he sang Step One and he was fantastic! J Harrison was out so Blaine Krauss was on as Lola. David did not stagedoor but the security guard says he only stagedoors after evening shows."

He does stage door Sunday matinees since there is no evening show.Glad you loved his performance ! 

MannPhan24601
#86David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 9/8/18 at 11:12pm

Going to David's last show tomorrow.Excited to see how he's progressed in the role since July! Going to miss him on Broadway but I'm excited to see him in concert for the 7th time(9 times live in total when you include both times at KB) in November! 

MannPhan24601
#87David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 9/10/18 at 8:19pm

Well I went to David's last Kinky show... A good amount of people in the front were David's fans and the girl next to me at the stage door thought they were family from how dedicated they were.. Two women from Austrailia were next to me and had no idea who David was but were blown away! David was on FIRE and the whole show was super emotional. He received a big round of applause during his first appearance and was already in tears during "Step One". His final "Soul Of A Man" received a standing ovation that lasted a few minutes. He sounded better than ever singing that! I also thought his portrayal of Charlie was even more emotional and touching than in July.Sadly during curtain call, the guard from the stage door was oddly right next to me and took my phone out of my hands 3 times .. I feel sick as ever about that...

Well about fifteen minutes at the stage door of mostly David fans, a woman came out saying that he would not be coming out. She took a fan's gift and went back inside. She came out a few minutues later with another guy in a suit and left ..A bunch of fans started leaving then in the pouring rain. About 2 minutes later, David comes out....The woman next to me had no idea it was him when she took her selfie and there wasn't any screams like back in July...I told David that I was so glad he did theater(since I forgot to last time) and asked if he got the Schmackary's cookies(Really good cookie bakery almost next to the theatre ) that I ordered for delivery to him at the theater on Weds.. He responded to my Q&A question on IG a few weeks back if he tried it. He said "Yeah, thank you. I'm actually buying some for myself tonight anyway too". He probably spent a good half hour out there and even came back around to fans that hollered back..He's just so dang nice! So excited to see/meet him again in Philly this November! Really hope he returns to Broadway soon!

Updated On: 9/10/18 at 08:19 PM

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#88David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 9/10/18 at 9:05pm

MannPhan, I liked 98% of your post, but I have a question. Is the reason your phone was taken from you because you were filming during curtain call? You do know that unless the production explicitly says it is okay, that behavior is prohibited. In fact, it is illegal. Glad you had a great time seeing David in the role for the last time and at stage door.

And in the interest of full disclosure, I am not perfect. When I saw my first Broadway show (American Idiot) I took a pic or two from the front mezzanine during curtain call. And I also took an incognito pic (mainly for Ricky Martin) from the center orchestra during the Broadway Cares speech during the last revival of Evita. They all turned out blurry af. Lol. I woulda been better off just not doing it.

I also tried to take a pic of the set before Buyer and Cellar (there was no curtain) started. An usher rushed up to me and ordered me to delete my pics, but the usher was quicker than I was. I hadn’t even taken any pics, yet. It was embarrassing, but in retrospect the usher was 100% in the right. I now only take pics before or after the show if there is a curtain I really like (that Hello, Dolly! Curtain, OMG) or if the production alllows more (at Sweeney Todd, I asked and the staff stated it was okay to take pics of the set before the show).

MannPhan24601
#89David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 12/17/18 at 8:52pm

From what I've heard from his fans, they hope he's coming back.He was still in PT from his accident in October according to his radio show last week.(Where he also dodged the question when people asked). I saw a SD picture of the Charlie in the non eq tour wearing an actual boot on his foot at the SD. I think breaking your foot is more serious than breaking two fingers and part of the wrist in that show!

Also, KB posted a picture of random cookies today and fans are thinking that's a possible clue for "Cookie" being his nickname!

Updated On: 12/17/18 at 08:52 PM

FlyHigh523 Profile Photo
FlyHigh523
#90David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 12/18/18 at 12:17am

I hope he comes back. I saw him as Charlie and he was amazing. His voice is so smooth and the acting is there. I'd love to see him again!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#91David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 12/18/18 at 6:23am

I have to believe it's someone who's already played the role of Charlie. I wouldn't be upset if Cook returns. He was wonderful when I saw the show with him & Wayne Brady. Maynar leaves on the 10th and I highly doubt a new Charlie would be in rehearsals during the holidays.. Maybe the final Charlie isn't coming in until the end of January and Corey Mach & John Jeffrey Martin will rotate in the role until whoever comes back in?

MannPhan24601
#92David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 12/18/18 at 10:25am

I noticed that Kinky is now saying on twitter that Manayrd finishes the 11th when he was announced to finish the 10th. Hopefully we'll get a confirmation about that soon and the next Charlie?

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#93David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 12/18/18 at 3:52pm

I, too, would like to see Cook come back. But one bit of advice I have for you, MannPhan, is to calm down a bit, and be patient. They'll announce it when they announce it, and bumping every Kinky Boots thread with something David Cook-related isn't going to make the announcement come any faster. I am not saying this to be rude (and I hope it doesn't come across that way), but because I used to be someone who drove myself crazy waiting for casting announcements, and I can tell you that it isn't healthy or productive. I said the same thing to Waitress fans when they were agonizing over was gonna be the next Jenna. Just something to think about.

Updated On: 12/18/18 at 03:52 PM