pixeltracker

Angels in America rush + lottery reports- Page 5

Angels in America rush + lottery reports

fnm1106
#100Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 5/22/18 at 9:30pm

I'm planning on rushing for a marathon show in about two weekends from now. Like everyone else, I'm curious as to how the best way to go about doing so: would 8am be early enough to arrive at the theater? In addition, I've read that the tickets are sold as pack, so one wouldn't have rush for both parts individually -- am i right, here? I'm going to continue to do some more research, but thanks so much for everyone's help. :)

MNL
#101Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 5/26/18 at 9:23am

OK. My question was really dumb. The show alternates part I and II for Sunday matinees and I keep watching the "wrong" Sundays.
Now however I'm enroute to NYC. There's no tdf available for tonight. My remedial question is: to rush just for perestroika on a Saturday night, is it at box office opening or 30 minutes prior? And at what times you queue for 30 minutes prior?
Thanks!

eatit2
#102Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 6/5/18 at 5:23pm

Rushed last week:

Thurs (5/31): Got there at 8 with no one in front of me, and by 10, there were 8 ppl in line

Fri (6/1). Got there at 9 with one person in front of me, and by 10, there were 5 ppl in line

This will likely change after the Tonys. I look forward to hearing back on how rush goes after they win all the awards cuz I would like to see it again.

Honeycbee
#103Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 6/6/18 at 1:04pm

Rushed today (6/6). Planned to be in line by 8 but public transportation conspired against me. Arrived at 9:15, there were 25 people on line already. Was able to get a rush ticket for part 2. Walked a few blocks and got part 1 from TKTS. There were tix for a good price on stub hub but only pairs and I only needed one. Total for both parts : $136. Orchestra rows J and E.

wisegeek
#104Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 6/8/18 at 7:57pm

For anyone planning to rush tomorrow, my friend won the lottery today for tomorrow's shows (both parts - 6/9). Unfortunately, he won't be able to make it and now has two lottery tickets available. If anyone is interested in the two lottery tickets, pls lmk! 

(Edit: both claimed) 

Updated On: 6/9/18 at 07:57 PM

gfqurl
#105Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 6/8/18 at 8:45pm

If the lottery tickets are still available, I would like to purchase them both.

agbway
#106Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 6/8/18 at 9:04pm

Updated On: 6/8/18 at 09:04 PM

lachri5
#107Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 6/9/18 at 7:37am

I arrived at around 7:10 this morning (6/8 Sat.) and was the 6th in line. At 7:30 there are 4 more people after me.

NYCinLA
#108Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 6/15/18 at 8:20pm

Hello!
Wondering if anyone has rushed since the Tonys and what the crowds were like?
Thanks in advance!

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#109Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 6/15/18 at 8:29pm

Saw Part I and Part II (x2) via the lottery. For Part I, my seat was K115 in the Front Mezzanine, and when I saw Part II twice I was K6 Right Orchestra and O17 Left Orchestra. Seat K6 was the best. I was just off center by 2 seats.

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

smokeline2
#110Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 6/16/18 at 2:30pm

Has anyone ever rushed on a Sunday? What time does the line start getting long? I'm thinking of going next week.

The website says rush is released at 10 every day, but I assume that's a mistake since the box office doesn't open until 12 on Sundays.... 

hanabana
#111Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 6/16/18 at 10:42pm

Won lottery for both parts on a Saturday, and seat was in mid-mezzanine, row M, seat 114.  A pretty good seat actually.  Of course I would have loved a close up orchestra seat, especially for this play, so I can see the facial expressions better, but my seat was right in the center, so I had a perfect view of the stage.  The performances were very moving and compelling, I am so glad to have been able to see this!

NYCinLA
#112Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 6/17/18 at 1:31am

Was thinking of rushing on Saturday, what would be the best time to get there to ensure a ticket for both parts that day?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#113Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 6/17/18 at 7:47am

Rushed yesterday Sat morning and got row N side orchestra. All the people I met or recognized on the rush line sat in the mid or rear mezz area. 

The first group of folks (I think there were 3-4 of them) slept overnight but I went there around 6 and still got tix (and the people who arrived by 7a still got tix). After 8am, the line was at least 25 people long. Not sure how many people got tickets though.

Good luck! Weather was great. All I needed was a light jacket and the sun never directly shone on us due to the shadows of the buildings. There's a starbucks on 52/8 and a McDonald's on 51/bway so plenty of nearby restrooms/snacks.

NYCinLA
#114Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 6/17/18 at 10:15am

Thank you so much for the info!

Fiyero13
#115Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 6/28/18 at 5:33pm

Any update was thinking about rushing on Saturday 6/30  Thank you

NYCinLA
#116Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 6/28/18 at 5:35pm

I couldn’t get to the city, but good luck this weekend if you do go!

Susanswerphone Profile Photo
Susanswerphone
#117Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 7/2/18 at 5:47pm

Parts 1&2 Saturday 7/7 on TDF now. $90

thecometbringsnofear Profile Photo
thecometbringsnofear
#118Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 7/2/18 at 6:47pm

I rushed this Saturday. Got on the line around 5:15, and was 5th in line. Our tickets were seats 1 and 2 in row M of the mezzanine. Great view, and on the aisle so nobody blocking sight lines. By around 6 at least 20 people were on line, and it grew quite quickly.

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#119Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 7/4/18 at 2:10pm

Any reports on Saturday rushes? I'm hoping to rush it but I have no idea when to arrive, or if there is a better option (TDF, TKTS) for a price under 50 per part.

Danielle49
#120Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 7/4/18 at 3:58pm

dearalanaaaa said: "Any reports on Saturday rushes? I'm hoping to rush it but I have no idea when to arrive, or if there is a better option (TDF, TKTS) for a price under 50 per part."

The post right before yours has a report

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#121Angels in America rush reports
Posted: 7/4/18 at 4:26pm

Danielle49 said: "dearalanaaaa said: "Any reports on Saturday rushes? I'm hoping to rush it but I have no idea when to arrive, or if there is a better option (TDF, TKTS) for a price under 50 per part."

The post right before yours has a report
"

I meant for TDF and TKTs mostly, but thank you! Is it usually posted on TKTs, since I don't have a TDF membership?