pixeltracker

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17- Page 25

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
Posted: 8/26/18 at 8:58pm

Zamedy154 said: I’ve always been drawn to him and the adorable actor who shouts ‘Rudyyyyyy!’ and understudies Barnaby (I apologize I don’t have my Playbill in front of me), so it was great to see them.

That would be Michael Hartung. He's been with the show in the ensemble and understudying Barnaby from the start, but took over as Stanley when the cast changed in January I believe. Absolutely loved his delivery of the Stanley lines!

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
Posted: 8/26/18 at 9:15pm

msmp said: "That would beMichael Hartung. He's been with the show in the ensemble and understudying Barnabyfrom the start, but took over as Stanley when the cast changed in January I believe. Absolutely loved his delivery of the Stanley lines!"

Couldn’t help but notice him when I saw Bernadette at the end of May. Quite a standout performance and a great dancer. Enjoyed seeing him again last weekend with Bette. Wish he was on the tour. 

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Posted: 8/26/18 at 9:28pm

My mind must be playing tricks on me.  Wasn't Michael Hartung always Stanley in the title number, or was it Jess LeProtto? Wasn't it always Michael who runs down the stairs screaming "Rudy!"?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
Posted: 8/26/18 at 9:42pm

https://twitter.com/BetteMidler/status/1033865028456394752

What a privilege it was to be there last night!

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
Posted: 8/26/18 at 10:13pm

DottieD'Luscia said: "My mind must be playing tricks on me. Wasn't Michael Hartung always Stanley in the title number, or was it Jess LeProtto? Wasn't it always Michael who runs down the stairs screaming "Rudy!"?"

Nope, he definitely was the replacement Stanley. Jess LeProtto originated the role for this production. Michael was always the u/s for Barnaby, though, but I never got to see him in the role.

BwayMonkey
Posted: 8/27/18 at 11:16am

Michael Hartung has been Stanley from the very beginning. Jess LeProtto was originally Hank and then replaced by Julian Deguzzman who also played Hank..

Interestingly Jess did not cover Barnaby on Broadway but will be playing the role on the tour. Loved him in Cats- I’m sure he will be fantastic.

Updated On: 8/27/18 at 11:16 AM

Ryantheatrekid
Posted: 8/27/18 at 11:23am

Interestingly Jess did not cover Barnaby on Broadway but will be playing therole on the tour. Loved him in Cats- I’m sure he will be fantastic."

He did understudy Barnaby. He started understudying him September 26th according to Playbill.com

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#607 Bette
Posted: 9/25/18 at 7:53pm

If you dig a little in that special site.. you will find some brand new posted treasures from the return engagement. 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#608 Bette
Posted: 9/25/18 at 8:06pm

What special site?

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#609 Bette
Posted: 9/26/18 at 2:33pm

Oh I am sure YOU can figure it out.. try it over DINNER.  Everything else that  info deals to you will be dessert.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#610 Bette
Posted: 9/26/18 at 3:14pm

Cryptic... much....?

teatime2
#611 Bette
Posted: 9/26/18 at 3:15pm

SmokeyLady said: "Oh I am sure YOU can figure it out.. try it over DINNER. Everything else that info deals to you will be dessert."

...Key word in that statement was YOU