Two show day logistics

gracie61
#1Two show day logistics
Posted: 4/22/18 at 11:03pm

I am coming to New York with my mom, my daughter & daughter in law in June.  On June 6th, we are seeing two shows Anastasia ( 2PM, Broadhurst), then My Fair Lady (8PM Lincoln Center).  We have a car service reserved to take us between shows.  Will there be enough time to eat anything at Lincoln center in between shows?  My mom is 87 and needs to have something to eat due to medications she takes.  Also we need to find somewhere my daughter in law can discretely use her breast pump before MFL-she won't be keeping the milk, but she needs to pump for comfort.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#2Two show day logistics
Posted: 4/22/18 at 11:06pm

Hi gracie! Your 2PM performance at Anastasia should be done no later than 4:30PM, or 4:45PM at the very worst if it takes forever getting out of the theatre. That gives you a full three hours before your evening show. You could easily make a mid-5:00PM dinner reservation near Lincoln Center, which would give you plenty of time to eat and walk over to My Fair Lady.

I'd recommend the Lincoln restaurant (literally 25 feet from the Vivian Beaumont), the Smith, Rosa Mexicano, or P.J. Clarke's (all three are just across the street) for a good meal close to Lincoln Center. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#3Two show day logistics
Posted: 4/22/18 at 11:11pm

You'll have plenty of time, especially with a car service. There are a few restaurants directly across from My Fair Lady: Hotel Empire, The Smith, Rosa Mexicano, and a ton of others. There's even a restaurant in the Lincoln Center complex if you desire. Plenty of options. No need to rush or anything. And there will be plenty of privacy in those restaurants for your daughter-in-law. Shouldn't be an issue in the slightest! 

gracie61
#4Two show day logistics
Posted: 4/22/18 at 11:19pm

Wow, quick responses!  Thank you for the friendly and informative answers!.  

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#5Two show day logistics
Posted: 4/23/18 at 5:04am

I ate at The Smith the other night, and it was super crowded, noisy, and not relaxing at all. I think for your party I'd recommend the Lincoln. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#6Two show day logistics
Posted: 4/23/18 at 10:27am

A two show day for an 87 year old?  Seriously?  I've always been super fit and healthy and even in my early 20s, those 2 shows in a day killed me.  Even with a nap in between shows and a relaxed dinner and arriving at the 8pm show around 7:30pm so I wasn't even flustered from rushing.  

gracie61
#7Two show day logistics
Posted: 4/23/18 at 12:20pm

She loves musical theater, and is really looking foward to the three shows we will see. Shes the reason I love musicals, I used to go to sleep to her Sound of Music LP every night as a toddler. We are only in town Mon to Thurs, so 2 show day it is. Since it mostly a day of sitting eating good food, then sitting at the show, repeat,she will be fine, I hope Im in as good shape as her at that age.

pacificnorthwest Profile Photo
pacificnorthwest
#8Two show day logistics
Posted: 4/23/18 at 1:10pm

Amen! I'm definitely not as young as I used to be. Two-show days can wear me out, especially when one is right at the 3-hour mark as My Fair Lady is. It happens that I did end up seeing a matinee the Saturday that I also saw MFL. But the matinee was Three Tall Women (second time for me), and it's only about 90 minutes. Still took a nap between shows.

re: BrodyFosse123 said: "A two show day for an 87 year old? Seriously? I've always been super fit and healthy and even in my early 20s, those 2 shows in a day killed me. Even with a nap in between shows and a relaxed dinner and arriving at the 8pm show around 7:30pm so I wasn't even flustered from rushing."

Videos