pixeltracker

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour- Page 3

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#50Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour
Posted: 7/30/18 at 5:46am

Brynn Williams and Matt Wood just left Spongebob for the tour of Charlie.

Updated On: 7/30/18 at 05:46 AM

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#51Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour
Posted: 8/1/18 at 10:45am

Is there anyone here that has seen the show on Broadway and enjoyed it? Just curious. With all the recent posts about very spartan set designs and exploding kids, I’m getting sort of worried. Also, one of my co-workers, who desperately wanted to see this while it was still on Broadway, is dying to see the tour. I’m afraid she’ll be terribly disappointed and write-off ever seeing any more shows.

S394206H Profile Photo
S394206H
#52Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour
Posted: 8/1/18 at 1:21pm

dmwnc1959 said: "Is there anyone here that has seen the show on Broadway and enjoyed it? Just curious. With all the recent posts about very spartan set designs and exploding kids, I’m getting sort of worried. Also, one of my co-workers, who desperately wanted to see this while it was still on Broadway, is dying to see the tour. I’m afraid she’ll be terribly disappointed and write-off ever seeing any more shows."

I saw the show about a year ago, and I actually enjoyed it! I love the story, and I was a big fan of many of the actors in the show. My key to enjoying the show was to not go in expecting to see the movies done onstage. They don’t lean in to the spectacle at all, instead they keep things sparse and encourage the audience to use their imagination to create the magic. I personally like this approach, but it fell flat for most of the audience and the critics, clearly. I also think the show is closer to the actual Dahl book, which is pretty dark in itself. Basically, if you go in expecting to hate or dislike it, you will. I noticed when I went it was mostly adults that seemed dissatisfied after the show, while kids enjoyed it, and I think the attitude you have going in will affect how much you like the show. It’s definitely not highbrow theatre, but it’s silly and entertaining and I didn’t regret spending money on it, so I count that as a win in my book. 

God, the almighty and all-knowing, has misplaced a cup?

S394206H Profile Photo
S394206H
#53Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour
Posted: 8/1/18 at 1:23pm

Casting for Wonka and the Charlies has been announced!
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Noah-Weisberg-Henry-Boshart-Collin-Jeffery-and-Rueby-Wood-Will-Lead-CHARLIE-AND-THE-CHOCOLATE-FACTORY-National-Tour-20180801

God, the almighty and all-knowing, has misplaced a cup?

BroadwayNoob
#54Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour
Posted: 8/1/18 at 1:47pm

dmwnc1959 said: "Is there anyone here that has seen the show on Broadway and enjoyed it? Just curious. With all the recent posts about very spartan set designs and exploding kids, I’m getting sort of worried. Also, one of my co-workers, who desperately wanted to see this while it was still on Broadway, is dying to see the tour. I’m afraid she’ll be terribly disappointed and write-off ever seeing any more shows."

I enjoyed it because I had been following the cast for a long time. The sets were lackluster, but I wasn't too bothered by the children's deaths because it was part of the story. And none of the kids seemed to mind because after the initial shock, it was obviously fake.

Your co worker would only really be disappointed if she expected some crazy huge production. I think the sets were so minimal that they would be really easy to improve on and still be able to take on tour.

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#55Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour
Posted: 8/1/18 at 1:53pm

If you let your coworker know about the audience and critical response, I think that will set her expectations accordingly. That way, if it is disappointing, she will realize that this isn't the standard musical or everything shows have to offer.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#56Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour
Posted: 8/1/18 at 2:52pm

Noah Weisberg as Wonka sounds fun. He previously understudied Christian Borle in Legally Blonde so I wouldn't say it's a surprising choice, but a fun choice. 

BwayLB
#57Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour
Posted: 8/1/18 at 3:50pm

CATSNYrevival said: "NoahWeisberg as Wonka sounds fun. He previously understudiedChristian Borle in Legally Blonde so I wouldn't say it's a surprising choice, but a fun choice."

Very interesting choice indeed.

BwayLB
#58Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour
Posted: 8/14/18 at 12:17pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/James-Young-Kathy-Fitzgerald-and-More-Complete-Cast-of-CHARLIE-AND-THE-CHOCOLATE-FACTORY-Tour-20180814

Additional casting announcement

BwayLB
#59Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour
Posted: 8/14/18 at 11:27pm

Hate to double post but I am surprised Kathy Fitzgerald is doing the show. I saw her last April in the Musical Theatre West production of Nice Work If You Can Get It as the Duchess. She was hilarious especially when she swung on the chandelier drunk

Updated On: 8/14/18 at 11:27 PM

BroadwayNoob
#60Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour
Posted: 8/14/18 at 11:43pm

I am also surprised Kathy stuck along for the tour. I completely forgot Danny Quadrino was Mike Teavee, my friend (his cousin) told me he was cast a few months ago lol

BarnabyTucker Profile Photo
BarnabyTucker
#61Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour
Posted: 1/1/20 at 4:36pm

Anyone catching the next leg of the tour?  Non-Equity and it looks like they've dropped the LED screens in favor of painted drops.  I'm curious to hear what further changes have been made to this dumpster fire.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#62Charlie & The Chocolate Factory Tour
Posted: 1/1/20 at 5:10pm

BarnabyTucker said: "Anyone catching the next leg of the tour? Non-Equity and it looks like they've dropped the LED screens in favor of painted drops. I'm curious to hear what further changes have been made to this dumpster fire."

I'd actually be more curious to see it with backdrops. The LED screens were annoying.