Seeing faces in Cursed Child?

jordynmcanany
#1Seeing faces in Cursed Child?
Posted: 8/25/18 at 1:48pm

Hey all. I've already seen the Cursed Child once with seats that were less than great. I absolutely love the current (original) cast and want to get the full effect of their emotions on stage. So I've decided to splurge a bit on tickets.

I found a single ticket that is row C, seat 10 and a seat that is row G, seat 1. What do you think the better view will be? Row C is obviously closer but the other one is legitimately center stage. However, there is about an 100$ difference between the two seats (with the latter being the more expensive). On the other hand, I do not live in New York, and the row C is very last minute. So the 100$ will probably even out due to last minute bookings.

Thoughts? I got to see the stage magic from afar already. I don't necessarily want it to be ruined, but I think C is far enough that it won't be. I really want to be front and center but will G allow me to see faces as well as I'd like? I really want to be up and close. (Also, I'm aware that viewfrommyseats exists. However, all the pictures make things look further than they are. Plus, it's not like the actors are on stage as a reference point. So any personal experience is very appreciated!)

Thanks in advance :) 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#2Seeing faces in Cursed Child?
Posted: 8/25/18 at 1:51pm

I saw it from row E all the way on the left aisle and the view was amazing.

Nycat63
#3Seeing faces in Cursed Child?
Posted: 8/25/18 at 2:03pm

We sat in Row H in the 3rd and 4th seats from center aisle. I have less than stellar vision so I am always concerned about seating (unlike most people I can’t make out more subtle facial expressions even from a first row mezz in a smaller theater, and balconies are just completely out). I felt like I didn’t miss anything in H. So if you have normal or close to normal vision I don’t think you can go wrong in G, and the fact that it’s more centered and $100 less is just icing on the cake.

EDIT if I misread and C is the cheaper seat, I’d say  the difference between aisle and seat 10 is negligible (I was only one seat closer to aisle and it was great).  If the goal is to be close for facial expressions and you aren’t worried about potentially seeing how some of the magic happens I guess I’d go with C then given the price difference. Basically, both would be great seats for your purposes so I’d decide based on cost.   

Updated On: 8/25/18 at 02:03 PM

jordynmcanany
#4Seeing faces in Cursed Child?
Posted: 8/25/18 at 2:07pm

Row G is actually 100$ more; one of my biggest reasons that is making me pause when buying. If it was 100$ less, I would 100% snatch it up. But unfortunately it seems like I'm paying more to be further back Seeing faces in Cursed Child? 

Nycat63
#5Seeing faces in Cursed Child?
Posted: 8/25/18 at 2:11pm

I realized I misread before your last post - see my edit Seeing faces in Cursed Child?

Updated On: 8/25/18 at 02:11 PM

jordynmcanany
#6Seeing faces in Cursed Child?
Posted: 8/25/18 at 2:14pm

Woops, I read your reply before you edited it. That makes me feel better! I was worried with it being not so centered I'd see a lot of back of heads. My seats were so far up the last time I saw it, it was hard to really judge what the orchestra section was like in person. Seeing the magic does kind of worry me. I'm hoping C is far enough to where it isn't /too/ bad. 

I feel like I'm way overthinking this decision, I just know I'll never be able to drop this amount on tickets ever again haha. 

Thank you for such quick insight! Definitely been helpful :)

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#7Seeing faces in Cursed Child?
Posted: 8/25/18 at 2:23pm

Is it $100 difference per part, or $100 total? They're both great options, but I would save the money and go with C 10. I sat in row AA, and that was my favorite experience seeing the show. I've also sat in row E, which was fantastic, but I definitely preferred being in the front row, right there with the actors. Surprisingly, the magic held up really well from that close.

Updated On: 8/25/18 at 02:23 PM

Nycat63
#8Seeing faces in Cursed Child?
Posted: 8/25/18 at 2:26pm

It’s completely reasonable to overthink it given the prices! We were only going to be able to see it once and I think I went through 5 returns before I settled on my seats LOL. In addition to my vision I’m also short (as is my daughter) so you can only imagine how much overthinking I did! And since we aren’t local I had to buy in advance rather than play the odds of prices dropping as the date approached. My last return saved me $100 ($50 each) because I moved closer (H from L) but from center aisle to a couple seats off center aisle. I was very glad I did it and even though I had a tallish person in front of me it didn’t seem to really affect my view.

Have a great time!

jordynmcanany
#9Seeing faces in Cursed Child?
Posted: 8/25/18 at 11:13pm

I had no clue you could return/exchange so many times! I feel like everytime I try to return something with TM, it's always an absolute nightmare. I wonder what the exact limitations are. Regardless, I'm glad you had a great time!

I ended up just getting the C tickets, as I want to be as close to the actors as possible and they were, after all, cheaper. Thank you for all your help and input :)

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#10Seeing faces in Cursed Child?
Posted: 8/25/18 at 11:18pm

THIS show has a very liberal return policy..I believe that as long as it at least a month before the performance date they will take them back.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

jordynmcanany
#11Seeing faces in Cursed Child?
Posted: 8/25/18 at 11:29pm

I guess it makes sense. Especially with cheaper tickets, they'll likely be able to resell them. The tickets I am looking at are all out of this timeframe though, so it's probably a good thing I took a moment to decide.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#12Seeing faces in Cursed Child?
Posted: 8/25/18 at 11:35pm

You will have an absolute stellar time in C10. If it's a money thing, then just buy those. No matter how off to the side you get with this production (and you will not be - at all), you still have a great view as 100% of the action takes place center stage. Enjoy!!

jordynmcanany
#13Seeing faces in Cursed Child?
Posted: 8/26/18 at 12:29am

It wasn't really a money thing, as they ended up being around the same price technically. The c10 seats were cheaper but also this upcoming thurs/friday, and the person I usually stay with will be away. So I had to get a hotel, which kind of even its out with the 100$ more g1 seats. I still took it into consideration though, because it just felt weird paying more to be further back. I would've expected them to at least be equal (one close to the front, one center stage).

All and all, I'm glad I went with c10 because I've been dying to see it again ever since I saw it a couple weeks ago. I was so tired and really upset I missed out on seeing the actors faces. I don't think I could've waited another month or so (which is when the g1 tickets were for). I've been religiously entering the lottery as well so hopefully I'll get to see it again then too haha. I also think it's better that my friend (as well as every other person I know) is going away for labor day weekend, because now I can 100% center the trip around the play. And since I'll be going back to a hotel and not an apartment, I may stay a bit later and stagedoor (which might be taboo here? Not sure. But I really like these actors).

Your picture is making me even more excited!! Praying that all of the original cast is there, but I'm especially praying neither Sam or Anthony is out.

Updated On: 8/26/18 at 12:29 AM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#14Seeing faces in Cursed Child?
Posted: 8/26/18 at 12:30am

dramamama611 said: "THIS show has a very liberal return policy..I believe that as long as it at least a month before the performance date they will take them back. "

They used to have a liberal return policy. Tickets purchased before the beginning of April are refundable up to 28 days before the performance. Tickets purchased from the beginning of April to the beginning of May are refundable up to 14 days before the performance. Tickets purchased after the beginning of May are non-refundable. 

Nycat63
#15Seeing faces in Cursed Child?
Posted: 8/26/18 at 2:53pm

jordynmcanany said: "It wasn't really a money thing, as they ended up being around the same price technically. The c10 seats were cheaper but also this upcoming thurs/friday, and the person I usually stay with will be away. So I had to get a hotel, which kind of even its out with the 100$ more g1 seats. I still took it into consideration though, because it just felt weird paying more to be further back. I would've expected them to at least be equal (one close to the front, one center stage).

All and all, I'm glad I went with c10 because I've been dying to see it again ever since I saw it a couple weeks ago. I was so tired and really upset I missed out on seeing the actors faces. I don't think I could've waited another month or so (which is when the g1 tickets were for). I've been religiously entering the lottery as well so hopefully I'll get to see it again then too haha. I also think it's better that my friend (as well as every other person I know) is going away for labor day weekend, because now I can 100% center the trip around the play. And since I'll be going back to a hotel and not an apartment, I may stay a bit later and stagedoor (which might be taboo here? Not sure. But I really like these actors).

Your picture is making me even more excited!! Praying that all of the original cast is there, but I'm especially praying neither Sam or Anthony is out.
"

Not taboo at all to stagedoor (provided you do it respectfully, of course).  When we went back in June they only came out after part 2 and it was a lovely, calm experience compared to many others.  The actors who came out - including Sam and Anthony - were all clearly exhausted as it was a two-show day but still very gracious.  They have a very long barricade so there was no shoving or anything obnoxious on the part of the fans.  If things haven’t changed since June (and I’d imagine they haven’t as we were there for the first performance after they won the Tony when you’d think it might be at its least pleasant) you should have a great experience!!

Sunnyore
#16Seeing faces in Cursed Child?
Posted: 8/27/18 at 1:23am

It sounds like you already decided on your ticket but I just wanted to share I just came back from watching the 2 parts tonight and I was in Orch A1 and it was amazing. I’ve seen the play before and so I kind of wanted to see how they did the magic and a lot of it was so smooth I still don’t know how they did some of it. Being able to see all the actor’s facial expression and tears and getting a little splashed made the ticket price worth it. The only downside is I missed some of the stuff that’s closer to the ground but overall I would highly recommend sitting closer if it’s within your budget. Enjoy your show!!

Videos