pixeltracker

2018 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade- Who gets to perform? - Page 2

2018 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade- Who gets to perform?

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#25Macys parade
Posted: 11/5/18 at 1:16pm

Miles2Go2 said: "I assume these are the ones which will be televised from the respective theaters rather than from the parade route. "

Yes! I'm actually kind of excited to see Kong and see how the puppet works. 

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#26Macys parade
Posted: 11/5/18 at 1:37pm

Hasn't been picked up here yet but Playbill has the performance announcement. Mean Girl, My Fair Lady, The Prom, and Summer are the Macy's features.

http://www.playbill.com/article/macys-thanksgiving-day-parade-will-feature-mean-girls-my-fair-lady-summer-and-more

Ouch on The Prom being the one show left out of the headline over there.

Updated On: 11/5/18 at 01:37 PM

Scarlet Leigh
#27Macys parade
Posted: 11/5/18 at 1:38pm

Double Post

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#28Macys parade
Posted: 11/5/18 at 1:39pm

I don't think I've been so underwhelmed by a slate of performances than what's been announced for CBS and NBC today. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Patty3
#29Macys parade
Posted: 11/5/18 at 1:42pm

Miles2Go2 said: "Miles2Go2 said: "
I think if The Band’s Visit gets a slot, it will be performed from the Barrymore. I seem to recall that when Come From Away performed, it did so from the Schoenfeld.
"

Come From Away was on CBS - only taped shows from theater on CBS. Live (lip-synched) performances on NBC.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#30Macys parade
Posted: 11/5/18 at 1:46pm

Boring.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Scarlet Leigh
#31Macys parade
Posted: 11/5/18 at 1:48pm

everythingtaboo said: "I don't think I've been so underwhelmed by a slate of performances than what's been announced for CBS and NBC today."

Right? Top three surprises/disappointments for me have to be 1.) Summer got a slot and got a slot on the main telecast, yawn would have rather Cher Show 2.) Dear Evan Hansen AGAIN? Even if it's on CBS, could CBS do no better then last years leftovers and King Kong? 3.) No Head Over Heels on either network. I really figured that bleeding money into one last attempt to get butts in the seat was going to be the nail in it's coffin, but at least would have had a performance to remember it by. It seemed like a perfect place to attempt to appeal to people with it's costumes and energy.

Patty3
#32Macys parade
Posted: 11/5/18 at 1:49pm

I hope Laura Benanti gets to perform - other than that I'm interested in seeing The Prom and King Kong. CBS mentioned one additional performance to be announced. Maybe they'll record something form Beetlejuice before it closes in DC.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#33Macys parade
Posted: 11/5/18 at 1:53pm

Im shocked theres no Frozen, that would easily sell tickets to all the kids watching.

Waitress could have used the telecast to help them out a bit.

Mean girls we will get the boring apex predator, (what else can they do? my only other thought would be to do stop, but they would have to do alot of cuts to make it child friendly).

Summer will do Hot stuff or Last dance, The prom will do you happend,

Since King kong has dropped the ball so much already, Id be shocked if we even see Kong at all.

Dear evan hansen will do you will be found for the 100th time.

Tbh, the only one im excited for is My fair lady. The rest is just a huge eh

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Scarlet Leigh
#34Macys parade
Posted: 11/5/18 at 1:57pm

Bwayfan292 said: "Im shocked theres no Frozen, that would easily sell tickets to all the kids watching.
"

Disney will save any performances from their shows this season for one of the MANY Holiday specials they have slated though at the same time I don't think and of their musicals are currently listed in the press releases. Seriously that have like 3 or 4 this year for some reason.

EDIT: 3. They have 3 this year. Nov. 23 has "Disney Parks Presents a 25 Days of Christmas Holiday Party." Nov. 29 on ABC airs "The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration." And then "Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade" on Christmas Day.

Updated On: 11/5/18 at 01:57 PM

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#35Macys parade
Posted: 11/5/18 at 2:06pm

I’d like a Loverly/Get Me To The Church medley, but they might just do Loverly to showcase Laura and perform a number they haven’t done before on TV.

Apex Predator is the worst song in Mean Girls; it’s an absolute bore. Stop or Where Do You Belong with thirty cuts would be more entertaining than watching that repetitive drag again.

I can see The Prom doing one of their more dance-heavy numbers to draw in the tourists, and save You Happened for another live broadcast. Maybe Love Thy Neighbor or the final song in the show.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#36Macys parade
Posted: 11/5/18 at 3:00pm

Have the Disney productions ever been on the Parade?

I assume MEAN GIRLS will do Apex Predator. The finale would be a better choice but the song is pretty weird out of context.

Thrilled that we’ll get Benanti as Eliza!!

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#37Macys parade
Posted: 11/5/18 at 3:08pm

IdinaBellFoster said: "Have the Disney productions ever been on the Parade?

I asked this on the last page.

BroadwayGuy12 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "What’s the history on Disney shows performing on the telecast?"

Beauty and the Beast,Mary Poppins,The Little Mermaid, andNewsieshave all performed on the Parade.
"

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#38Macys parade
Posted: 11/5/18 at 4:12pm

Looking at my original predictions, I was 50% right. I accurately predicted Mean Girls and My Fair Lady for the NBC performances and King King for CBS, but missed out by predicting Pretty Woman & Frozen for NBC and possibly Wicked for CBS. That’s why I don’t gamble. Lol

Oh, and I also predicted HOH. :-/

Updated On: 11/5/18 at 04:12 PM

Br0adway
#39Macys parade
Posted: 11/5/18 at 8:42pm

Interested to see King Kong. Maybe it will give me that extra push to buy tickets. Right now, I have them in my cart but just can’t complete the purchase. Something tells me not to so maybe seeing the puppet in action will help.

Also looking forward to The Prom. I haven’t read up on it at all so I really don’t know what it’s about. I hope this one doesn’t turn out to be another Gettin the Band Back Together this year but time will tell.

I guess this year I’ll be watching FRIENDS reruns instead of the parade. Last year I was glued to the parade to see the four shows and not miss them.

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
#40Macys parade
Posted: 11/6/18 at 5:21pm

I am excited to see ANY Broadway show performing for a national audience.   I wish Head Over Heels was performing, but will watch those that do get to perform.

BwayLB
#41Macys parade
Posted: 11/6/18 at 5:36pm

Am i the only one surprised Frozen isnt in the lineup

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#42Macys parade
Posted: 11/6/18 at 5:41pm

I could maybe see Mean Girls doing It Roars, would much rather see that than Apex Predator again.

Updated On: 11/6/18 at 05:41 PM

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#43Macys parade
Posted: 11/7/18 at 10:59pm

Mean girls is doing fearless. Based on the pictures on instagram of them recording today, Fearless is the only song in the show that both Ashley and Ericka have solos in together. Also, Barett and Grey were not in any pictures and they are not in fearless.

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
#45Macys parade
Posted: 11/19/18 at 8:16pm

Saw a picture of Laura Benanti and a basket on a cast member's instagram story... looks like "Loverly" it is! So excited to finally see a bit of her performance.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#46Macys parade
Posted: 11/19/18 at 10:26pm

On insta, the broadwaywiz literally recorded the performances, which im not sure she was supposed to do! But the following is what they are performing:

Mean girls: Fearless

My fair lady: Loverly

The prom: Dance with you finale verison

Summer: Hot stuff/ Last dance

natashalost
#47Macys parade
Posted: 11/20/18 at 11:57am

Mean Girls will be performing Fearless, without any of Taylor Louderman’s (Regina) lines, as she won’t be in attendance. The full ensemble will be included, and of the principals at least Erika Henngingsen, Ashley Park, and Kate Rockwell will be performing.

The Prom will be doing a cut of the finale, “It’s Time to Dance,” with most of if not the entire cast. Swings will be included in the ensemble choreography. 

My Fair Lady will be performing “Wouldn’t It Be Loverly?” with Laura Benanti, “Lovery” quartet, and ensemble. 

Summer will be performing a medley of “Last Dance” and “Hot Stuff,” with all 3 Donnas, Ariana DeBose, LaChanze and Storm Leaver, and the ensemble will be performing.

Updated On: 11/20/18 at 11:57 AM

dianamorales Profile Photo
dianamorales
#48Macys parade
Posted: 11/20/18 at 1:52pm

Fearless. How disappointing. Now THAT is the worst song in that show.

natashalost
#49Macys parade
Posted: 11/20/18 at 4:20pm

I would like to remind everyone that ABC, owned by Disney, does a Christmas parade instead, which has from time to time featured a performance from a Broadway show. Frozen could very well perform on there. Also note that with the exception of the Tony Awards, Frozen has not done any performances on any network except ABC.

Updated On: 11/20/18 at 04:20 PM