pixeltracker

Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)

Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)

bwguyhottie
#0Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/2/04 at 10:59pm

In addition to all that can be said for these two extraordinary men, I would like to add my own thank you.

Thank you for kissing eacother on the Tony Awards broadcast. Thank you for letting my parents give me shocked look at the sight of two men in love, to which I could only respond "What?"

Thank you for assuring me that maybe, just maybe, I might also fall in love.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#1re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/2/04 at 11:00pm

Sweet boy.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

FindingNamo
#2re: re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/2/04 at 11:02pm

Love? What does it get you? "Thanks a lot" and out with the garbage.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

broadwayguy2
#3re: re: re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/2/04 at 11:05pm

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeee

#4re: re: re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/2/04 at 11:10pm

For some of us love is the basis of many years of somebody holding us too close.

For those who disdain love one can generally understand why nobody does.

Bulldog

Updated On: 2/4/04 at 11:10 PM

JimVukovich Profile Photo
JimVukovich
#5Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/2/04 at 11:15pm

I'm weeping as I type.........ALL I WANT IS A FRICKEN KISS.

FindingNamo
#6re: re: re: re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/2/04 at 11:19pm

One's use of pronouns is more obtuse than ever, leading the regular reader to the conclusion that one is attempting to appear erudite, yet again, while amateurishly allowing a preposition to dangle.

sheekala
#7re: re: re: re: re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/2/04 at 11:35pm

My Mother, the woman who upon hearing the dreaded truth about her son said "the Star Wars got you GAY!" (I was a geek about the films and she hated it), this woman, called me the day after the Tonys and said, "Those two guys kissin' was cute" So let me add my "Thank You!" too, from Dorothy "Dutchie" Varley of Philadelphia, I'm sure she's toasting you now,or just toasted.

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum Bring gloom down to the minimum Have faith or pandemonium's Liable to walk upon the scene

FindingNamo
#8re: re: re: re: re: re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/2/04 at 11:45pm

Somewhere, a golden faggeleh droid just smiled a little smile.

JeffG
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/3/04 at 12:55am

Master Yoda says, every time an empire collapses, wings a jedi gets

Marc Shaiman Profile Photo
Marc Shaiman
#10re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/3/04 at 2:04am

how sweet, thank you.

ya know, it wasn't premeditated...not what I said about marriage, or Scott kissing me...and that was what I think was so wonderful...it was just so natural...like, normal!

my favorite reaction in those wonderful days following the Tony's was on 8th Ave in Chelsea (where else?). I could sense that a guy walking towards me 'recognized' me. He didn't stop me, he just looked at me with the most soul enriching smile and said, as he walked past me, "Have a great life, honey"

His reading of that line (if I may use a theatrical term) and the look on his face was so powerfully pure, I just stopped dead in my tracks and cried.

I hope you all have had or will have a moment like that, that kind of "Jimmy Stewart" moment where God lets you see that you CAN have an effect on others. I assure you, you will feel humbled and grateful for the opportunity.

ok, back to the bitching...

#11Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/3/04 at 2:17am

It's great that the work and/or actions of a few (in this case two!!) can effect someone so positively. These days, it seems rare that people allow their barriers to go down long enough to let someone else in for the good.
You opened the eyes of many people, and intentionally or not, it was a great thing. Many people applaud you, including myself and the best part of it all is that it was nothing more than an "in the moment" feeling of love.
Hooray to you both,
DT.

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#12re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/3/04 at 5:12am

Hey! What about us in long-term same-sex relationships which have curdled into a festering morass of bitterness, hostility, sexual frustration and seething silent resentments?
Don't WE get out fair shake around here?

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

lassy
#13re: re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/3/04 at 6:04am

My mother, who on some level must realize there's another reason her forty year old son lives with another man out east and has never given her a grandchild because he just "loves traveling and camping too much to settle down", watched the Tonys with me. The only thing she said about the kiss was "What a nice smooch!"

JimVukovich Profile Photo
JimVukovich
#14Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/3/04 at 8:47am

Winifred, my 94 year old grandma applauded as she watched in her favorite chair which lives 3 inches from her 52" BIG SCREEN TV. I then realized my grandma thought I had won something. She gets a little confused. I had to tap her on the shoulder to remind her that I was in the living room watching the tv with her. She was asleep by the commercial break. Updated On: 2/3/04 at 08:47 AM

bwguyhottie
#15re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/3/04 at 7:28pm

thankyou all for your responses

#16re: re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/4/04 at 1:05am

"...he just looked at me with the most soul enriching smile and said, as he walked past me, "Have a great life, honey"

His reading of that line (if I may use a theatrical term) and the look on his face was so powerfully pure, I just stopped dead in my tracks and cried."

okay....Marc...u just made my eyes well-up....dreading what i'll look like monday night! SAFE FLIGHT MISTER. Updated On: 2/5/04 at 01:05 AM

BillFinn Profile Photo
BillFinn
#17re: re: re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/4/04 at 6:06pm

Off-topic and yet On-topic.

It's midnight and I pop in my "When Harry Met Sally" DVD to keep me company, and I click on the Documentary and watch and I see this familiar man comment on the music of the movie, and I think "Nuh uh, couldn't be..." and then 30 minutes into it, "So we got so-and-so's friend, Marc Shaiman and he came up with this" and Marc started talking about the music. I freaked. Marc wrote/arranged the music to one of my all-time favorites.

hence...
THANK YOU MARC SHAIMAN!

Bill Finn rocks. Woot.

bestofbroadway
#18re: re: re: re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/4/04 at 6:24pm

He did arrange and orchestrate most of the music for When Harry Met Sally. He also produced the wonderful album with Harry Connick, Jr. My personal favorite are his arrangements and orchestrations for Don't Get Around Much Anymore. Updated On: 2/4/04 at 06:24 PM

#19re: re: re: re: re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/4/04 at 7:25pm

"One's use of pronouns is more obtuse than ever, leading the regular reader to the conclusion that one is attempting to appear erudite, yet again, while amateurishly allowing a preposition to dangle."

I do hate it when my prepositions dangle....

broadwayguy2
#20re: re: re: re: re: re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/4/04 at 7:27pm

They won't dangel if you own a nice pair of 2(x)ist boxer-briefs....

#21re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/4/04 at 7:30pm

More dangling prepositions are what's needed in life to keep things interesting.

Those who complain about dangling prepositions generally do so because they have no prepostions to dangle.

Bulldog

#22re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Thank You to Marc Shaiman (and Scott)
Posted: 2/4/04 at 7:44pm

Honey, have you seen me shopping in Victoria's Secret? I have prepositions in spades.

#23Watch Shaiman work!
Posted: 2/7/04 at 5:26am

Monday night is close at hand.......
OFFICIAL EVENT PAGE Updated On: 2/8/04 at 05:26 AM