Frozen Tour

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#50Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/10/19 at 12:07pm

bwayphreak234 said: "Luminaire2 said: "If you go to the Proctors geo-location on Instagram. There is a public story showing the preshow curtain. Actually has the Arendelle city/castle on it and the title."

Intersting change... I can't say that I am a fan of the "flattened" proscenium, though.
"

sort of expected I guess. Most tours get a flat/more basic proscenium install. 

mailhandler777
#51Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/10/19 at 3:04pm

I'm going to first preview tonight.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#52Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/10/19 at 5:24pm

Kristin Lopez just tweeted this!

“2nite we launch our Frozen tour and this will be the 1st audience to hear a NEW Anna and Elsa duet called “I Can’t Lose You”.We were lucky enough to see Caroline Bowman and Caroline Innerbichler rehearse it and it gave us all the feels. Hope you guys enjoy it! #FrozenBroadway”

Ummm sorry what?!

https://twitter.com/lyrikris10/status/1193652247068065792?s=21

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#53Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/10/19 at 6:06pm

Wonder if any of these changes will be brought over to the Broadway production. Especially since Disney loves brand synergy.

also: def not the place for this, but since this is the most recent Frozen thread. One of the original young Anna’s, Mattea Conforti, is the new young Elsa voice for frozen 2. Just thought that was interesting https://www.instagram.com/p/B4mNBUbnriH/?igshid=s1dybshc0ugp

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 11/10/19 at 06:06 PM

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#54Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/10/19 at 6:14pm

Preshow photo from dress last night, preview tonight:

Frozen preshow

Updated On: 11/10/19 at 06:14 PM

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#55Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/10/19 at 6:14pm

Preshow photo from dress last night, preview tonight:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4q9beaFk-4/?igshid=pn5jvjkkgu4e

bmgills
#56Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/10/19 at 7:01pm

If anyone’s able to post the list of understudies, I’d be super interested!

mailhandler777
#57Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/10/19 at 9:18pm

Luminaire2 said: "Kristin Lopez just tweeted this!

“2nite we launch our Frozen tour and this will be the 1st audience to hear a NEW Anna and Elsa duet called “I Can’t Lose You”.We were lucky enough to see Caroline Bowman and Caroline Innerbichler rehearse it and it gave us all the feels. Hope you guys enjoy it! #FrozenBroadway”

Ummm sorry what?!

"

The duet is beautiful. 

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#58Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/10/19 at 9:20pm

mailhandler777 said: "Luminaire2 said: "Kristin Lopez just tweeted this!

Ummm sorry what?!

"

The duet is beautiful.
"

Where did they insert the song? How is it staged? I’m so curious. 

Sampatches
#59Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/10/19 at 9:39pm

I’ve heard it’s replacing True Love

mailhandler777
#60Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/10/19 at 10:48pm

Luminaire2 said: "mailhandler777 said: "Luminaire2 said: "Kristin Lopez just tweeted this!

Ummm sorry what?!

"

The duet is beautiful.
"

"

Its right after Hygge when Anna, Olaf and Kristoff show up at the castle. Elsa now walks in on all 3 of them and Anna tells them to give them privacy. Elsa still sings part of Let It Go. They are basically just circling each while singing that they dont want to lose each other but Elsa is ok by herself.

As for True Love that has been cut. It's just Hans putting out the fire and Olaf showing up a second later. 

The duet gives them more of a connection that they don't realky establish on Broadway.

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#61Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/10/19 at 10:56pm

mailhandler777 said: "Luminaire2 said: "mailhandler777 said: "Luminaire2 said: "Kristin Lopez just tweeted this!

Ummm sorry what?!

"

The duet is beautiful.
"

"

Its right after Hygge when Anna, Olaf and Kristoff show up at the castle. Elsa now walks in on all 3 of them and Anna tells them to give them privacy. Elsa still sings part of Let It Go. They are basically just circling each while singing that they dont want to lose each other but Elsa is ok by herself.

As for True Love that has been cut. It's just Hans putting out the fire and Olaf showing up a second later.

The duet gives them more of a connection that they don't realky establish onBroadway.
"

Nice to hear. True love was pretty but kind of boring and slowed the pace. 

So this new song leads into first time in forever reprise / Elsa striking Anna with her powers? 

mailhandler777
#62Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/10/19 at 11:25pm

Luminaire2 said: "mailhandler777 said: "Luminaire2 said: "mailhandler777 said: "Luminaire2 said: "Kristin Lopez just tweeted this!

Ummm sorry what?!

"

The duet is beautiful.
"

"

The duet gives them more of a connection that they don't realky establish onBroadway.
"

Nice to hear. True love was pretty but kind of boring and slowed the pace.

So this new song leads into first time in forever reprise / Elsa striking Anna with her powers?

"

It's right after the reprise. Anna's please don't shut me out again , please don't shut the door. You dont have to keep your distance anymore lines are cut and she starts the duet. Elsa strikes her after a few more new lines that I can't quite remember.

mailhandler777
#63Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/10/19 at 11:39pm

The visuals in Let It Go were stunning. There is a small staircase that Elsa is on for the dress transformation. The lighting on the dress makes it glow.

Caroline Bowman is stunning as Elsa and commands the stage. I always thought she was one of the strongest actresses as Elphaba and she is the strongest Elsa I've seen which is only 3 now.

Caroline Innerbichler is beyond adorable as Anna.

They are definitely a younger cast overall from the Broadway cast.

Updated On: 11/11/19 at 11:39 PM

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#64Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/10/19 at 11:42pm

mailhandler777 said: "The visuals in Let It Out were stunning. There is a small staircase that Elsa is on for the dress transformation. The lighting on the dress makes it glow.

Caroline Bowman is stunning as Elsa and commands the stage. I always thought she was one of the strongest actresses as Elphaba and she is the strongest Elsa I've seen which is only 3 now.

Caroline Innerbichler is beyond adorable as Anna.

They are definitely a younger cast overall from the Broadway cast.
"

Ahh. I wondered how they’d do the dress on tour. 

mailhandler777
#65Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/11/19 at 4:11am

bmgills said: "If anyone’s able to post the list of understudies, I’d be super interested!"

Elsa- Cealan Creaser, Adrianna Rose Lyons

Anna- Berklea Going, Marina Kondo

Olaf- C. K. Edwards, Daniel Switzer

Kristoff- Kyle Lamar Mitchell, Zach Trimmer

Sven- Ralph Meitzer

Hans- Kelly Methven, Zach Trimmer

Weselton- C.K. Edwards, Daniel Switzer

Oaken- Ralph Meitzer, Zach Trimmer

Pabbie- Michael Everett, Dustin Layton

Bulda- Jessie Peltier, Naomi Rodgers 

King Agnarr- Michael Everett, Dustin Layton

Queen Iduna- Tatyana Lubov, Natalie Wisdom

Head Handmaiden- Jessie Peltier, Natalie Wisdom

Bishop- Dustin Layton, Ralph Meitzler

Updated On: 11/11/19 at 04:11 AM

Broadway Buddy
#66Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/11/19 at 7:51am

Question: how do they do the dress transformation in Let it go? At the St. James, they have holes behind her that open up at the right time, so the dress drops into the stage. Because they can’t just cut holes in the floor of every stage, how do they do it?

mailhandler777
#67Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/11/19 at 9:01am

Broadway Buddy said: "Question: how do they do the dress transformation in Let it go? At the St. James, they have holes behind her that open up at the right time, so the dress drops into the stage. Because they can’t just cut holes in the floor of every stage, how do they do it?"

I already said she is on a small staircase. It's the same concept. 

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#68Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/11/19 at 9:38am

It’s unfortunate they weren’t able to build the transformation dress effect into the deck but we finally got a staircase! That’s something.

I’m still confused. Is the “First Time in Forever” reprise cut or not? The new song comes after it or that little bit of “Let it Go” leads into the new song?

I’m not sad to see “True Love” go. I agree it was pretty but it slows down the action and I did sort of feel like the sisters were missing a proper duet in the second act. I wondered if they ever considered adding Elsa to “True Love” and have them sing together in different locations but this new song sounds like a better idea.

I wonder if the new song will be recorded? Disney sort of has a history now of adding new songs to their shows and not recording them although “A Change in Me” from Beauty and the Beast has been recorded on various solo albums now and Crutchie’s new song in Newsies is in the filmed version. “Playing the Game” from Mary Poppins was recorded by the Australian cast though.

A1st
#69Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/11/19 at 12:11pm

How do the icicles appear during Monster? Is there still a turn table?

mailhandler777
#70Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/12/19 at 10:07am

A1st said: "How do the icicles appear during Monster? Is there still a turn table?"

They come out from the wings and surround the people chasing Elsa. No turntable. 

RWPrincess
#71Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/12/19 at 12:06pm

This all sounds really great. I'm definitely intrigued to see the tour version of this show hopefully in LA or Chicago. I also liked True Love but felt it didn't really advance anything either since Olaf helps her come to the realization about who her true love is. Fortunately it's on the cast recording so we can still enjoy it if the Broadway show takes it away too.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#72Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/12/19 at 12:34pm

RWPrincess said: "This all sounds really great. I'm definitely intrigued to see the tour version of this show hopefully in LA or Chicago. I also liked True Love but felt it didn't really advance anything either since Olaf helps her come to the realization about who her true love is. Fortunately it's on the cast recording so we can still enjoy it if the Broadway show takes it away too."

I’m curious if they’ll rerelease the cast album with the new song and maybe keep “True Love” as a bonus track.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#73Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/12/19 at 1:51pm

No turntable? So they basically got rid of any interesting scenic elements?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#74Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/12/19 at 2:30pm

mailhandler777 said: "A1st said: "How do the icicles appear during Monster? Is there still a turn table?"

They come out from the wings and surround the people chasing Elsa. No turntable.
"

What about the Olaf “in summer” scenic piece that pops out of the deck?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement