Frozen Tour

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#125Frozen Tour
Posted: 3/11/22 at 11:40pm

Thinking about going to stupid lengths to see Ryan and McKenzie, flying from MD to SC! 

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

hearthemsing22
#126Frozen Tour
Posted: 3/13/22 at 5:39pm

suicidalmickeymouse said: "Thinking about going to stupid lengths to see Ryan and McKenzie, flying from MD to SC!"

I'm thinking about taking the TRAIN from NYC down to Florida to see them! 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#127Frozen Tour
Posted: 4/12/22 at 12:57pm

McKenzie Kurtz played her final-final Anna performance on Sunday. Still doesn’t seem like they have a permanent Anna replacement yet, as it seems Marina Kondo is only stepping up full time temporarily until the 22nd https://www.instagram.com/p/CcLQAHLOpQS/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 4/12/22 at 12:57 PM

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#128Frozen Tour
Posted: 4/12/22 at 1:29pm

I went to see the cast April 6, their opening night in SC. I ended up driving. The show was in incredible shape, full cast was on. I was obviously happy to see Ryan and McKenzie, but for me the breakout star was Caroline Bowman as Elsa. Was just floored at the singing and the acting. What a star!

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

BwayBeccaB Profile Photo
BwayBeccaB
#129Frozen Tour
Posted: 4/12/22 at 11:47pm

suicidalmickeymouse said: "I went to see the cast April 6, their opening night in SC. I ended up driving. The show was in incredible shape, full cast was on. I was obviously happy to see Ryan and McKenzie, but for me the breakout star was Caroline Bowman as Elsa. Was just floored at the singing and the acting. What a star!"

Caroline's incredible as is the entire cast. I worked as an usher at Pantages during it's Los Angeles run pre-pandemic and recently got to see it again in Orlando when my Universal/Disney trip aligned with the time the tour was there. Probably my favorite ongoing tour that I've seen. 

Is anyone seeing the tour within the next week and a half with Marina Kondo as Anna? 

Call_me_jorge
#130Frozen Tour
Posted: 7/12/22 at 11:13am

Austin Colby had his final performance as Hans on Sunday. At his final bow he and Caroline kissed, which I’m sure confused the kids in the audience lol.

Seems like Ryan is stepping back in only temporarily through September 4th.

I’m looking forward to see what Austin has lined up next!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

windowwaving
#131Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/14/23 at 10:42pm

Just saw Frozen in Detroit. I also saw it when the tour opened in LA and have seen it on Broadway. 

It seems like they're already starting to remove some effects.

Some things I noticed:

• No ice spikes when Elsa accidentally reveals her powers at the coronation (just fog and light)
  • No "Orlando" pop-up during "Summer" (replaced with postscard on screen)
  • The crystals in Elsa's castle seem smaller - or at least less grand. 

Otherwise, it's still in great condition. I'm sure no one else will notice and the production still feels big.

Det95
#132Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/15/23 at 9:23am

windowwaving said: "Just saw Frozen in Detroit. I also saw it when the tour opened in LA and have seen it on Broadway.

It seems like they're already starting to remove some effects.

Some things I noticed:

• No ice spikes when Elsa accidentally reveals her powers at the coronation (just fog and light)
  • No "Orlando" pop-up during "Summer" (replaced with postscard on screen)
  • The crystals in Elsa's castle seem smaller - or at least less grand.

Otherwise, it's still in great condition. I'm sure no one else will notice and the production still feels big."

Also saw the show in Detroit. This was my first time seeing Frozen so I can't comment on the scenic changes. However, the person I went with commented that the scenic design saved the show for her and wondered when the last time we got a show with a set like that touring. Since we usually get second year tours (at least pre-covid) they've usually downscaled by then and I had to really think on that point too.

My main gripe with the show was the sound design. Whenever the ensemble sang I could barely make out what they were singing. Ever since covid I feel there has been a significant decline in sound design across the board both in NY and on tour. I never used to have these problems. Strange Loop, Sweeney, Les Mis tour, Frozen all stand out to me as examples, but of course there's more. 

I can forgive the kids since this is very much a family show, but what I can't forgive are the parents behind me talking through the whole thing. Pointing stuff out to their kids when the kids aren't talking. Not taking a screaming baby out of the theatre. Shame on parents who know better. 

Call_me_jorge
#133Frozen Tour
Posted: 1/22/24 at 10:25am

The West End production will close on September 8th, 2024.

Call_me_jorge
#134Frozen Tour
Posted: 3/14/24 at 11:28pm

Caroline Bowman shared on Instagram two days ago that the tour will close in September. The last scheduled performance is on September 1st in San Jose.

Updated On: 3/14/24 at 11:28 PM

RWPrincess
#135Frozen Tour
Posted: 3/15/24 at 12:58am

Interesting. I think the Aladdin tour is also ending this year based on posts I've seen from cast members. I wonder if Disney will bring in another new tour with BATB next year.

Also, Frozen will be in Philadelphia later this month. That is the closest they will be to NYC for the rest of tour.

MatthewS1
#136Frozen Tour
Posted: 3/15/24 at 4:15pm

The tour cancelled its entire second week of performances in Toledo next month. This will be the first time the show has had a single week run in a city, and they have nothing planned for the week of cancelled shows. Supposedly, this was the decision of the tour, not the venue. Really weird situation- anyone know more? 

QueenTwinnied
#137Frozen Tour
Posted: 3/15/24 at 7:24pm

Congrats to Caroline for being with the tour since it started pre-Covid. That’s a very long run. 

I wonder if the tour will downsize and “reopen” with new dates like Lion King and Aladdin 

BorisTomashevsky
#138Frozen Tour
Posted: 3/15/24 at 7:31pm

QueenTwinnied said: "Congrats to Caroline for being with the tour since it started pre-Covid. That’s a very long run.

I wonder if the tour will downsize and “reopen” withnew dates like Lion King and Aladdin
"

I have a feeling it may be being shelved entirely as large regional theatres are doing Frozen (the full version, not Frozen Junior) in their 24-25 seasons. I guess the Toledo cancelled week is a sign that it’s not really selling like they’d hoped.

QueenTwinnied
#139Frozen Tour
Posted: 3/16/24 at 1:28am

Interesting, I didn’t know about the regional productions. 

I’d love to see how other productions stage Let it Go

Videos