pixeltracker

Random Question: Hello Dolly Tracks

Random Question: Hello Dolly Tracks

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#1Random Question: Hello Dolly Tracks
Posted: 3/24/19 at 2:07pm

Is it part of the current Cornelius and Barnaby tracks that they play the horse in the opening scene? Random, I know, but curious. Random Question: Hello Dolly Tracks 

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#2Random Question: Hello Dolly Tracks
Posted: 3/24/19 at 2:51pm

Someone do tell! I never heard that before!

OkuraKen
#3Random Question: Hello Dolly Tracks
Posted: 3/25/19 at 10:38am

If you're asking about the current national tour, the horse is still played by two of the ensemble cast (Connor Wince and Dan Horn):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrJafQbBXr0/

Updated On: 3/25/19 at 10:38 AM

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#4Random Question: Hello Dolly Tracks
Posted: 3/25/19 at 6:20pm

Thanks for the info and pic. I assumed the full ensemble was needed for Call On Dolly and that C&B would’ve been recruited for this small quick role.

JSquared2
#5Random Question: Hello Dolly Tracks
Posted: 3/25/19 at 6:27pm

Equity wouldn't allow it --- principal actors aren't permitted to be put into an ensemble track.

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#6Random Question: Hello Dolly Tracks
Posted: 3/25/19 at 6:31pm

What got me thinking this was Fiyero — a principal — is on stage for a moment to help spin Elphaba’s mother’s bed around. (There’s a wonderful YouTube video following Mary Beth Abel on a typical day and one thing she does is rehearse the bed spin with Kevin Kern after some mechanical changes were made.) 

Updated On: 3/25/19 at 06:31 PM

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#7Random Question: Hello Dolly Tracks
Posted: 3/25/19 at 9:58pm

PatrickDC said: "What got me thinking this was Fiyero — a principal — is on stage for a moment to help spin Elphaba’s mother’s bed around. (There’s a wonderful YouTube video following Mary Beth Abel on a typical day and one thing she does is rehearse the bed spin with Kevin Kern after some mechanical changes were made.)"

FYI: I'm writing about a plot point in Wicked. If you have't seen it, its been 15 years...I remember years ago that it was said that while Elphaba's mother's lover was sung by the actor playing the Wizard, it was danced on stage by the actor playing Fiyero. I could be totally wrong, but I remember hearing that, and thinking that was weird.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

BwayMonkey
#8Random Question: Hello Dolly Tracks
Posted: 3/25/19 at 10:08pm

JSquared2 said: "Equity wouldn't allow it --- principal actors aren't permitted to be put into an ensemble track."

Principal actors can appear in the ensemble up until they appear as their principal character. For example Ernestina was considered a principal track but Jennifer Simard appeared in some of the ensemble numbers in Act 1. Once she became Ernestina she remained Ernestina for the rest of the show. 

Not sure about Wicked but it would be possible for Boq and Fiyero to fill out the ensemble for the opening number.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#9Random Question: Hello Dolly Tracks
Posted: 3/26/19 at 2:14pm

In Wicked, the actress playing Nessarose is in the ensemble for "No One Mourns the Wicked", and then is never there.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

hamiltonstradition
#10Random Question: Hello Dolly Tracks
Posted: 3/26/19 at 5:28pm

fashionguru_23 said: "In Wicked, the actress playing Nessarose is in the ensemble for "No One Mourns the Wicked", and then is never there."

Nessa (and Boq) make another appearance during One Short Day, they are 2 of the Oz Heads. 

jbp1232 Profile Photo
jbp1232
#11Random Question: Hello Dolly Tracks
Posted: 3/26/19 at 6:51pm

BwayMonkey said: "JSquared2 said: "Equity wouldn't allow it --- principal actors aren't permitted to be put into an ensemble track."

Principal actors can appear in the ensemble up untilthey appear as their principal character. For example Ernestina wasconsidered a principal track but Jennifer Simard appeared in some of the ensemble numbers in Act 1. Once she became Ernestina she remained Ernestina for the rest of the show.
"

Doesn't Fantine appear in the ensemble on the barracades after her death in Les Miz? 

IronMan Profile Photo
IronMan
#12Random Question: Hello Dolly Tracks
Posted: 3/26/19 at 8:19pm

jbp1232 said: Doesn't Fantine appear in the ensemble on the barracades after her death in Les Mis? 

Yes she does, but only Valjean and Javert are ever on principal contracts.  Every other role is "ensemble: as cast." 

"What- and quit show business?" - the guy shoveling elephant shit at the circus.

Videos