Tootsie Lottery

DianaD3
#1Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 3/29/19 at 2:12pm

Anyone entered the lottery for tonight's show? I made the standby list.

Dkinny23
#2Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 3/29/19 at 2:27pm

Entered by lost Tootsie Lottery

Hamilfan2
#3Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 3/29/19 at 2:32pm

Entered and lost.  Not surprised though, I have the worst lottery luck.  They could pull 100 winners out of 101 entrants and I would be the one person who doesn't win.

ilysespieces
#4Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 3/29/19 at 3:57pm

Entered and got Standby, still on the standby list almost 2 hours later.

ilysespieces
#5Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 3/29/19 at 4:13pm

Sorry for the double post, but got a winners email ~4:01, curious where the seats will be.

RWPrincess
#6Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 3/29/19 at 5:45pm

I entered and lost as well but I'm seeing shows 3x this week so am kind of happy to get some things done at home tonight. I plan to enter for most of the month of April as I'm only traveling next week.

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#7Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 3/29/19 at 6:19pm

I walked up and got rush price at 6 for tonight. Try that! I can’t believe I lucked out. Good luck to those trying!

Michael19
#8Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 3/30/19 at 8:33am

What seats did you get at 6 PM? I got lottery standby notification at 2 and at 4 I received winner notification. My seats were mezz h 29 and 31 ..was a little disappointed as all rush reports seemed to indicate they got orch seats.

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#9Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 3/30/19 at 8:47am

I also won yesterday’s lottery (right at 2:00pm, not on standby) and got Mezz K 9 & 11. I was also a bit disappointed in the location as other lotteries I’ve won have been closer seats. The view was fine, though, and I’m grateful to have won.

ilysespieces
#10Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 3/30/19 at 8:52am

Same here, Mezz K16 and the people on either side of me also had lottery tickets. Was hoping it would be a front row lottery, but alas it was basically back of the mezzanine. Good thing the theater is small so the view was still p good.

DianaD3
#11Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 4/3/19 at 8:06pm

I won today after being on the standby list. my seat is orchestrate L in the center. very good view. they started seating at 7:45 WTF

rachelfran
#12Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 5/2/19 at 1:49pm

standy notice today at noon and winner email at 1pm.

fingers crossed for orchestra seating ... we will see.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#13Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 5/2/19 at 3:36pm

I was going to try the lottery for this coming Saturday night. Looked online to see what kind of seats were still available and it looks like there are more unsold then sold seats. Might just go the tkts route to see if better seats.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

BroadwayBarb2
#14Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 5/4/19 at 11:18am

I got Mezz K 21 and everyone around me had won the lottery too.  Not the best seats.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#15Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 5/4/19 at 12:31pm

I won the lottery after being on standby on Wednesday matinee and was Orchestra || Row S || Seat 23 and I had a fine view. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Villox
#16Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 5/4/19 at 4:41pm

Won lottery last night. Got tickets in Orchestra row U. Perfectly fine and no obstruction.

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#17Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 5/4/19 at 4:49pm

BroadwayBarb2 said: "I got Mezz K 21 and everyone around me had won the lottery too. Not the best seats."

Why do people think they deserve great seats when they are paying 40 bucks versus people who pay three or four times that much?  That's not really how things work.  

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#18Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 5/4/19 at 5:01pm

BroadwayBarb2 said: "I got Mezz K 21 and everyone around me had won the lottery too. Not the best seats."

Not the best seats??? LOL Seriously, were you expecting row G on the aisle in the orchestra or front row mezzanine? You get what you pay for Barb!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#19Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 5/4/19 at 5:55pm

^ Thank you. The best theater actors in the world are performing for you. Be grateful you are there at all.  

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#20Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 5/4/19 at 8:26pm

I had amazing seats on Wednesday night when I won, mezzanine row B seats 2/4. Great view and really enjoyable show.

Updated On: 5/4/19 at 08:26 PM

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#21Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 5/4/19 at 9:27pm

Robbie2 said: "BroadwayBarb2 said: "I got Mezz K 21 and everyone around me had won the lottery too. Not the best seats."

Not the best seats???LOL Seriously, were you expecting row G on the aisle in the orchestra or front row mezzanine? You get what you pay for Barb!
"

Lotteries and rush policies were created with the initial idea of providing some of the best seats in the theater for a cheap and accessible price. Many shows throughout the years have continued this tradition, and often when you win a lottery you will get amazing seats. I've sat in Row G on the aisle and Front Row many, many times thanks to lottery or rush tickets, as well as TDF ($41-$49). 

Mediamaven2
#22Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 5/4/19 at 9:38pm

VotePeron said: "Robbie2 said: "BroadwayBarb2 said: "I got Mezz K 21 and everyone around me had won the lottery too. Not the best seats."

Not the best seats???LOL Seriously, were you expecting row G on the aisle in the orchestra or front row mezzanine? You get what you pay for Barb!
"

Lotteries and rush policies were created with the initial idea of providing some of the best seats in the theater for a cheap and accessible price.Many shows throughout the years have continued this tradition, and often when you win a lottery you will get amazing seats. I've sat in Row G on the aisle and Front Row many, many times thanks to lottery or rush tickets, as well as TDF ($41-$49).
"

Thanks for that history ;o)  While I never "expect" anything other than a seat when the purchase contract clearly states that the seat could be anywhere in the theater (ie tdf or lottery) I have definitely been disappointed to pay $40 for the worst, or next to worst, seats in the house. And in my experience with lotteries I have only ONCE been given the worst or second to worst seats in the house (last row or second to last row balcony extreme side - Aladdin) for $40. Not worth it for most shows imo.

52889j
#23Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 5/21/19 at 1:39pm

Has anyone received a winner status more than an hour after noon? I was on standby a few weeks ago and lost and I'm on standby again today and am wondering when I'm going to hear or if I should change my plans.

Edit: got the loser notice by 2:00.

Updated On: 5/21/19 at 01:39 PM

Kate Monster3
#24Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 5/28/19 at 7:25pm

Won for tonight and got orchestra D16 all the way on the right. How many lottery tickets do they give out? Cuz it looked like it was about 100 people in the line waiting to get their lottery tickets. They had a separate line for the lottery winners to pick up their tickets.

InTheBathroom1
#25Tootsie Lottery
Posted: 5/28/19 at 7:36pm

Won the lotto yesterday and was Right Mezz Row G Seat 14. Great seat even though I didn’t particularly like the show. Glad I didn’t have to pay $70.

Videos