Next weekend. Need to decide

justherehanging
#1Next weekend. Need to decide
Posted: 5/3/19 at 2:10pm

Going to New York next weekend and trying to make some decisions

Its actually a really quick trip, flying in that Friday morning and flying out early Sunday morning. As soon as I land I plan to head straight to the art in alley broadway event. Suggestions on where to stand or how it works? Never been

Friday night: Hadestown
Saturday night: Cher

Not sure on my 2pm yet. Debating on a few.

I am debating on Frozen or Tootsie honestly, just not sure what I should see. Any thoughts? It would be for the 2pm on Saturday May 11th

However I know I could see The Prom

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#2Next weekend. Need to decide
Posted: 5/3/19 at 2:12pm

I have my tickets to Tootsie, and am excited for that one. Likely has a tony winning book and lead actor which may or may not help your sell. Ive seen The Prom, absolutely loved it!  Wonderfully heartwarming show which may play really well on your trip. Nothing too fancy or sophisticated, but it just makes you happy! Who couldn't use an extra smile these days right? 

Alessio2
#3Next weekend. Need to decide
Posted: 5/3/19 at 2:21pm

Skip Frozen...go see The Prom as it's likely to close well before Tootsie ever does.  Also The Prom is just fantastic!

justherehanging
#4Next weekend. Need to decide
Posted: 5/3/19 at 2:22pm

Thanks. I like the smile comment

Then part of me thinks will I regret not seeing be more chill or is that over rated. Ha.

Dkinny23
#5Next weekend. Need to decide
Posted: 5/3/19 at 2:25pm

I vote Tootsie over Frozen. While Frozen was very beautiful (as all Disney shows are) it felt like an exact replica of the movie. Some people may like that aspect, but it totally put me off and I was almost bored watching it since it was so similar. Granted it was very cute and happy so it's not necessarily a bad option.

Tootsie was hilarious and they did such a great job with it. I would recommend that for sure. I honestly didn't love the Prom. It was a nice night out and it made me laugh, but it felt too basic for me. If it was between Tootsie and the Prom, I would vote Tootsie without a doubt. 

Be More Chill, depending on your taste, is really fun and wonky. You can get cheap stubhub tickets on Saturdays (I check weekly, and they have been in the  $30s-40 range every Saturday for the past 6-8 weeks at least. Sometimes I see them in the $20s as well)

Not sure if you are looking only for new shows, but if you haven't seen Come From Away already, that is FANTASTIC and one of the best. Beautiful story with beautiful visual story-telling aspect. I just saw it recently for the second time since it first came out and it was still just as good as when I first saw it. Could also be good cause it's 90 minute 1 act show, which gives you more time in between your shows to hang around the city if that's what you're looking to do. 

Hope you enjoy Hadestown. I just saw it last week and it was wonderful! Very unique, different, captivating, and like almost intense. Some aspects were not my favorite and i don't tend to love Greek Mythology, but overall I was glad I saw it!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#6Next weekend. Need to decide
Posted: 5/3/19 at 4:49pm

Between Frozen v Tootsie - I'm team Tootsie all the way and BMC is a hard sell.  Some people love it, other hate it.   I am not a fan and couldn't/wouldn't reccommend it to anyone.  (But to each his own!)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Fredrich Yeager
#7Next weekend. Need to decide
Posted: 5/3/19 at 8:55pm

Go see Tootsie. Even if you think you'll regret not being able to see The Prom or Be More Chill, I'm sure you'll be able to see all three of them again, just without the OBC.

The Prom and Be More Chill's cast is good, but it's not stand out. Tootsie's cast is absolutely legendary. They're what's making the performance as good as it is, and even if you see the production again, you will miss out by not having seen it with the OBC.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#8Next weekend. Need to decide
Posted: 5/3/19 at 9:08pm

The Prom, without question. In my opinion, Tootsie, its book, and Santino Fontana's performance are wildly overrated.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#9Next weekend. Need to decide
Posted: 5/3/19 at 9:41pm

justherehanging said: "Going to New York next weekend and trying to make some decisions

Its actually a really quick trip, flying in that Friday morning and flying out early Sunday morning. As soon as I land I plan to head straight to the art in alley broadway event. Suggestions on where to stand or how it works? Never been

Friday night: Hadestown
Saturday night: Cher

Not sure on my 2pm yet. Debating on a few.

I am debating on Frozen or Tootsie honestly, just not sure what I should see. Any thoughts? It would be for the 2pm on Saturday May 11th

However I know I could see The Prom
"

Tootsie or The Prom both are fun Tootsie is tons of funny but skip Be More Chill

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 5/3/19 at 09:41 PM

LxGstv
#10Next weekend. Need to decide
Posted: 5/3/19 at 10:13pm

I would recommend them in this order: The Prom, Tootsie and Frozen.
Tootsie is funnier, but The Prom is such a feel good show!

Skip Be More Chill. I saw it because of FOMO and I regret that decision.

justherehanging
#11Next weekend. Need to decide
Posted: 5/4/19 at 7:15am

I decided to do Prom

I agree about Come From Away.  It’s amazing.  I thought about seeing it again but it’s on tour near me and I will see it here

Updated On: 5/4/19 at 07:15 AM

DianaD3
#12Next weekend. Need to decide
Posted: 5/4/19 at 1:00pm

FOMO is a bitch