pixeltracker

Monday performances (specifically Tootsie)

Monday performances (specifically Tootsie)

karen24 Profile Photo
karen24
#1Monday performances (specifically Tootsie)
Posted: 9/2/19 at 1:11pm

I saw Tootsie recently & really liked it. I’m coming back to the city next week with a friend who wants to see it, & I realized they perform on Mondays (we have tickets for shows for all the other nights.) I picked up two tickets via the Broadway Week 2 for 1 offer (I did the $30 upgrade so they're in center orchestra for $105.)

I was just wondering -I know there are no guarantees - but has the original cast generally been performing on Mondays? I see they're dark on another day instead so I’m hoping most people will be in. I’d love my friend to see Santino, of course ,& also Sarah Stiles, Lilli Cooper & Andy Grotelueschen.

I really liked this show much more than I thought I would! I know there was speculation about their closing here but I see on their site that they're selling tickets through April 19th, which seems encouraging. Didn't see anything there about cast vacations but maybe this show just doesn't post that information.

Maggie-the-schnoodle
Updated On: 9/2/19 at 01:11 PM

Pose2 Profile Photo
Pose2
#2Monday performances (specifically Tootsie)
Posted: 9/2/19 at 1:24pm

Yes, they all do Mondays unless they are on vacation or something happens that prevents them working that day. September may be tricky because Santino's wife is due this month with their daughter, so I'm sure he will be taking a few days off for that. Other than that, you'll be fine.

karen24 Profile Photo
karen24
#3Monday performances (specifically Tootsie)
Posted: 9/2/19 at 1:33pm

Thanks! Well, that’s certainly a good reason to take time off Monday performances (specifically Tootsie) How exciting for them!

Edited to add: just saw that the cast, & David Yazbek, are scheduled to sign CDs & perform at Barnes & Noble on 86th St on 9/10 at 4:00. I’m going to try to get there - my friend is from Omaha & she says that kind of thing does not happen there! 

Maggie-the-schnoodle
Updated On: 9/2/19 at 01:33 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4Monday performances (specifically Tootsie)
Posted: 9/2/19 at 1:33pm

Bway jobs are just like any other job...people get a finite number of sick/personal days. You should be able to expect the complete cast...of course, there is no planning for the things pose2 lists above.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

karen24 Profile Photo
karen24
#5Monday performances (specifically Tootsie)
Posted: 9/2/19 at 1:39pm

Oh yes, I know this. I just wasn’t sure if Mondays were different but I guess that was sort of a silly question. I’m sure the cast will be there if they can, & if not we’re sure to see some good understudies. I’ve seen many in my time!

Maggie-the-schnoodle

RWPrincess
#6Monday performances (specifically Tootsie)
Posted: 9/2/19 at 2:13pm

Sarah Stiles has been out on vacation the past few days so I'd expect her to be there after this week

I haven't seen Jeff Kready perform yet but the buzz seems positive so far should Santino be out. Actually if Santino's absence is announced, I may try the lottery to see Jeff.

The other understudies I've seen in this show have all been excellent

UncleCharlie
#7Monday performances (specifically Tootsie)
Posted: 9/2/19 at 7:31pm

I attended Tootsie on Memorial Day and everyone was in. As others have said, unless there is an unexpected absence or planned day(s) off, it's a normal workday and they should be performing.

Fredrich Yeager
#8Monday performances (specifically Tootsie)
Posted: 9/2/19 at 9:25pm

I follow Sarah Stiles' understudy (her name is Leslie Donna Flesner and she's amazing) on Instagram and just today she posted that tonight was going to be her last time performing as Sandy for a while, so after today, you should expect Sarah Stiles to be there.