pixeltracker

Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer- Page 3

Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#50Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer
Posted: 3/1/20 at 11:29pm

"I get that people are freaking out and the news likes to make everyone paranoid and I'm not saying don't take some precautions but there's seriously a higher risk of dying by getting hit by a car or being in a car and dying than dying via the coronavirus."

Exactly. We can't live in a bubble, life goes on. Be careful but oh my goodness, let's not get totally crazy.

Dollypop
#51Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer
Posted: 3/2/20 at 3:17pm

Due to doctor's orders, I had to cancel my HELLO, DOLLY! marathon in Philly this past weekend. They still feel my immune system is compromised and spending all that time on trains and in theaters would put me in danger. I already died once and don't want to go through it again, so I complied.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#52Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer
Posted: 3/2/20 at 3:28pm

Very sorry to hear that Dollypop but I hope you feel better soon and that you'll get to see another professional production of HELLO DOLLY soon! Do you plan on going to London later this year?

Miserent Profile Photo
Miserent
#53Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer
Posted: 3/2/20 at 5:28pm

For what it’s worth, the NYC woman who tested positive for the virus is a medical worker...it’s believed that she wasn’t contagious on the flight back home, and as soon as she landed, her and her husband took private transportation back home where she self isolated, so luckily it looks like the chances of her having spread the virus are very low. Apparently she has a mild case and is expected to make a full recovery.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#54Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer
Posted: 3/2/20 at 6:06pm

It's just a matter of time before it comes to NYC and starts to spread. However, I think people think this is some guaranteed fatal thing. It is similar to the flu and the overwhelmingly majority just get sick for a few days to a week, and then are fine. The ridiculous fear/panic the media beats people over the head with is infuriating. 

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#55Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer
Posted: 3/2/20 at 7:55pm

If you book with Jetblue by 3/11 for travel through 6/1/20, they will refund you no questions asked if you want a spring trip to nyc but worry about cancelling. The credit will go in your travel bank but it’s better than losing it.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#56Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer
Posted: 3/2/20 at 7:56pm

The H1N1 virus in 2009-10 infected 61,000,000 people in the US and killed 12,469 Americans, but no one was was ever quarantined.

Get a grip.

WhoCouldBeBlue Profile Photo
WhoCouldBeBlue
#57Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer
Posted: 3/2/20 at 8:19pm

kdogg36 said: "The H1N1 virus in 2009-10 infected 61,000,000 people in the US and killed 12,469 Americans, but no one was was ever quarantined.

Get a grip.
"

As of right now, Coronoavirus stats: 90,441 cases, 3,119 deaths 

BIG difference percentage wise.  Maybe YOU need to get a grip.

AlanB3
#58Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer
Posted: 3/2/20 at 8:23pm

While some media reports may indeed have led to an over-reaction, I also think that says a lot about people's predispositions and less about the coverage itself.

You don't have to look very far to find well-publicized, thoughtful, and reasoned explanations of what is and is not occurring.

And the initial ineptness of the administration's handling of this situation certainly did not help instill confidence in the markets or among the public.

We still have no real idea what the full situation here is in the United States.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#59Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer
Posted: 3/2/20 at 8:47pm

WhoCouldBeBlue said: "kdogg36 said: "The H1N1 virus in 2009-10 infected 61,000,000 people in the US and killed 12,469 Americans, but no one was was ever quarantined.

Get a grip.
"

As of right now, Coronoavirus stats: 90,441 cases, 3,119 deaths

BIG difference percentage wise. Maybe YOU need to get a grip.
"

I think we all know there’s a gazillion more unreported cases, but even if we ignore that, this is still way more minor in terms of absolute impact.

Dollypop
#60Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer
Posted: 3/2/20 at 9:02pm

Wick3 said: "Very sorry to hear that Dollypop but I hope you feel better soon and that you'll get to see another professional production of HELLO DOLLY soon! Do you plan on going to London later this year?"

Thank you for your concern.

I wear a hoodie around town that reads: "Feelin' greatvand look spectacular" and that sums up things for me. However the immune system is something unseen and I felt and I have to trust their assessment of the situation. 

I am stocking my freezer and pantry just in case we DO go into quarentine.

As for London? I was planning to see DOLLY there  as well as MARY POPPINS (I've become a "Stemp-eder"Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer. We'll see what happens.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)