Movie Musical Trailers

briankershawjr
#1Movie Musical Trailers
Posted: 3/22/21 at 3:35pm

Just Curious....Since In the Heights has release another trailer when do you all think we will get a Dear Evan Hansen and West Side Story trailer??? With Dear Evan Hansen coming out I believe in September I would guess they would have a trailer out by now... and with West Side Story completed wonder what is holding it up...Do you think they are waiting to see if Covid will effect the theaters more??? Any thoughts???

BwayLB
#2Movie Musical Trailers
Posted: 3/22/21 at 8:12pm

I'm excited for both In the Heights and West Side Story.

Alex Kulak2
#3Movie Musical Trailers
Posted: 3/22/21 at 8:32pm

Considering we’re about 6 months away from Dear Evan Hansen’s release, I’d expect a trailer pretty soon.

Globefan
#4Movie Musical Trailers
Posted: 3/22/21 at 10:53pm

I hope the West Side Story trailer is very action packed

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#5Movie Musical Trailers
Posted: 3/23/21 at 10:50pm

Globefan said: "I hope the West Side Story trailer is very action packed"

Yeah.  They blow up a few brownstones on the Upper West side.  

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#6Movie Musical Trailers
Posted: 3/24/21 at 12:02am

Michael Bay’s West Side Story

sirpaieg
#7Movie Musical Trailers
Posted: 3/24/21 at 6:46am

Hello friends,
I am very excited for Dear Evan Hansen and West Side Story trailer. But, this year has been sorely lacking in the razzle and dazzle of a big-screen musical.
The story follows Evan Hansen, a high schooler with social anxiety who unintentionally gets caught up in a lie after the family of a classmate who died by suicide mistakes one of Hansen's letters.

santeFEEE
#8Movie Musical Trailers
Posted: 3/24/21 at 7:51am

Are they reshooting some scenes in West Sude Story because of the allegations against Ansel? Will that move the date back?

MollyJeanneMusic
#9Movie Musical Trailers
Posted: 3/24/21 at 8:50am

santeFEEE said: "Are they reshooting some scenes in West Sude Story because of the allegations against Ansel? Will that move the date back?"

Unfortunately I don't think so, considering that they haven't announced a new Tony and Rachel Zegler just got a new gig in Shazam 2, but let's PLEASE not start debating the verity of the allegations on another thread, there are plenty of other places to talk about that on this board.

Anyway, I'm really excited for both trailers!  I've become a big fan of Ezra Menas during quarantine and am very excited to see them as Anybodys in WSS, and while I'm not "hopeful" per se, I'm very interested to see what they do with Dear Evan Hansen, especially with the larger cast that's been mentioned in a few press releases.

"I think that when a movie says it was 'based on a true story,' oh, it happened - just with uglier people." - Peanut Walker, Shucked

Alex Kulak2
#10Movie Musical Trailers
Posted: 3/24/21 at 9:09am

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Michael Bay’s West Side Story "

He’d do to West Side Story what The Pirate Movie did to Pirates Of Penzance, and I unironically want to see that movie.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#11Movie Musical Trailers
Posted: 3/24/21 at 9:29am

santeFEEE said: "Are they reshooting some scenes in West Sude Story because of the allegations against Ansel? Will that move the date back?"

That attempted scandal fizzled in 72 hours.  It disappeared as quickly as it surfaced.  Not once did the studio release any statement nor was there ever any suggestion or mention of him being recast.  Only on this message board was that idea ever suggested.  Spielberg’s WEST SIDE STORY will be as intended.  Ansel is working on a film now and aside from the finished WEST SIDE STORY, he has 4 other projects lined up so everyone has moved on and I suggest you do so as well.  

DaxJuelz
#12Movie Musical Trailers
Posted: 3/30/22 at 2:27pm

The action that is concluded in the West Side story trailer is indeed packed, it's quite a lot. I think the trailer is indeed available on movies 123, but I'm not sure though. Let's see how that pans out.