pixeltracker

West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne - Page 3

West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#50West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/4/21 at 11:36am

Anyone know where to get lateral flow or PCR tests in London?  Or a website that shows the various locations?  

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#51West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/4/21 at 11:41am

There’s a million places to get them done but this is what I aways use to book my tests.

Covid Tests

Jordan Catalano
Scott19
#53West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/4/21 at 3:42pm

Thanks, again. Jordan. Much appreciated. smiley

BroadwayLuv2
#54West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/4/21 at 4:49pm

Jordan Catalano said: "There’s a million places to get them done but this is what I aways use to book my tests.

Covid Tests
"

Thanks Jordan!  On a separate note, do West End shows offer a lot of discount codes like we have in NY? Is there a centralized place where they are posted.  I know Cabaret is unlikely to discount but thinking for other shows. 

Jordan Catalano
#55West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/4/21 at 5:21pm

My pleasure. As for discounts, I rarely see any. TKTS and TODAYTIX are your best bet for that. The good thing with TODAYTIX in the UK is the fees are only a few bucks, unlike here where they’re insane.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#56West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/5/21 at 9:46am

Does this production have a rush or dayseat option?

52889j
#57West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/5/21 at 10:06am

https://kitkat.club/cabaret-london/tickets/ 
Says at the bottom here a £25 lottery will become available November 15th.

Midnight Radio
#58West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/5/21 at 10:16am

The way the testing part read to me, it sounds like you just get any at home OTC testing kit and submit it to NHS within 48 hours of the show. It looks like NHS then gives you an email or text confirmation that you show at the theatre and are good to go.

Unless I am reading it wrong?

binau Profile Photo
binau
#59West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/5/21 at 10:31am

That's what I thought (going to try it this weekend to make sure it all works). 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

BobbyLA
#60West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/5/21 at 11:25am

So excited about this .....love jessie !!  

BoringBoredBoard40
#61West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/5/21 at 5:24pm

any clue who is taking over in march? sadly will be there a few weeks too late to catch Jessie and Eddie but I assume they have two more names coming in?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#62West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/6/21 at 11:49pm

Midnight Radio said: "The way the testing part read to me, it sounds like you just get any at home OTC testing kit and submit it to NHS within 48 hours of the show. It looks like NHS then gives you an email or text confirmation that you show at the theatre and are good to go.

Unless I am reading it wrong?
"

That's the way I understood it as well. Can Americans use NHS system and do this? I was planning to use my day 2 arrival covid test result but am using the one at LHR arrivals called ExpressTest. Not sure if that's affiliated with NHS or not.

BroadwayLuv2
#63West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/7/21 at 12:10am

Have there been any photos of the theater interior and seating for this production? Trying to figure out where I’d like to sit.  

Damiensta
#64West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/7/21 at 1:22am

BroadwayLuv2 said: "Have there been any photos of the theater interior and seating for this production? Trying to figure out where I’d like to sit."

Read in ku theatre board that Redmayne said that the way theatre is set up that there are no bad seats. I wanted a table seat but they only sale in pairs. Got a regular old seat but won’t be till next year

BroadwayLuv2
#65West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/7/21 at 6:09pm

Also, anyone know if Redmayne and Buckley play all performances during the week or is there a chance an alternate will play regularly scheduled performances?

binau Profile Photo
binau
#66West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/15/21 at 4:22pm

At intermission. They’ve done it - it’s a genuinely new, aesthetically interesting production. It’s not at all a rehash of the Sam Mendes production except perhaps much but not all writing.  

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Jordan Catalano
#67West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/15/21 at 4:25pm

have a few weeks here before i see it. Can i ask where you’re sitting?

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#68West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/15/21 at 4:31pm

Which script/score are they using –– the Mendes, the '87, or the original? Or some hybrid version?

binau Profile Photo
binau
#69West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/15/21 at 6:14pm

Front Dress circle (on the ‘normal’ side as it’s now in the round). The script/score, certainly the score is the Mendes version but there are some sprinkled differences in interpretations and at least one arrangement from the Mendes version. I also noticed they used lyrics as dialogue from ‘telephone song’ but I can’t remember if that was in the Mendes version. 

You might actually find yourself better off trying to avoid learning too much about the show - it’s an immersive production and the tone itself while has some similarities does not always really reflect the marketing - the marketing makes you think the show might be what the Mendes version would look like if the cast decides to go on a meth bender but it’s really much more creative and fresh than that. 

The production might feel a little heavy handed to some but for those that like the Director to be one of the stars (eg perhaps not this extreme but see the Once on This Island revival) and are looking for something fresh you get it. 

Eddie R’s strengths are played well - I was a bit worried how he could ever compete with Alan Cumming etc but as directed in this production he has certainly made the role ‘his own’. Im a bit curious to see how he can do this nightly or if he will need to tone the energy back. 

The Sally - well judging by the audience response the British are going to claim this is the best female musical performance since Imelda Staunton in Gypsy and there is so much to love but I think they need to bring it back a little bit because for me it’s just too much ‘acting’ at points. Too much scenery chewing. Too many tricks. 

At the end the two leads and much of the cast were crying. They have been part of something special. 

Jordan Catalano
#70West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/15/21 at 6:20pm

Can i ask - sitting mid-Circle, is there any “immersion” or interaction? Or can you just sit and watch the show from there?

binau Profile Photo
binau
#71West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/15/21 at 6:30pm

It’ll just be just the show. The immersive parts are in the stalls and also entering the theatre/bars etc (kind of reminded me of a very light sleep no more, also there are multiple spaces all around so you should try and walk around to find them). 

Jordan Catalano
#72West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/15/21 at 6:39pm

That’s awesome. Did they redesign the seats up there, too?

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#73West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/15/21 at 7:02pm

"Telephone Song" lyrics as dialogue was in the Mendes version.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#74West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
Posted: 11/16/21 at 10:21am

Was there last night as well , Jessie’s Cabaret was revolutionary it was bitter , dark , disturbing, and she ripped that theatre apart with it ( and I ain’t British so ) Redmayne stunning entrance in Money was breathtaking with the costume jaw dropping. Was the whole night a complete success, no. Will it be in a couple of weeks, yes. 
Was one moment that should have been a show stopper that fell flat, hopefully that song production gets changed. 

Jordan I really don’t think there is a bad seat in the house , make sure you follow the rules re Covid test, the two people who should have been in front of me , where denied entry. 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Videos