pixeltracker

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?- Page 12

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?

ivy3
#275Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 9/23/22 at 7:17pm

theblackumbrella said: "Surprised Bryce is probably going to be in this for a few weeks now with Ohio State Murders being announced."

He was always supposed to be in it for a short time while Andrew Call takes a leave of absence to film a movie.

Andrew Call (thru 9/25; returns 11/8), Bryce Pinkham (9/27-11/6)

theblackumbrella
#276Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 9/27/22 at 1:02pm

Anyone going tonight to check out the new cast additions?

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#277Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 9/28/22 at 8:18am

theblackumbrella said: "Anyone going tonight to check out the new cast additions?"

Going tonight. Will report back!

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#278Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 9/28/22 at 11:17pm

Just got home! This production of little shop still blows me away! This was my first time seeing Rob (I went to see one of his first performances and he was out with Covid) and boy was he absolutely incredible . I’m a huge hed-head so seeing Lena on stage again was amazing, her and Rob have the best rendition of Suddenly Seymour I’ve ever heard. Brad Oscar was great, I enjoyed he leaned away from making Mushnick the stereotype he is usually played like. Bryce Pinkman is good, definitely not as crazy as Borle and wasn’t receiving as many laughs but he’s a great actor all around. While Bryce is only in it for a month i do see him probably growing more into the roll within the next week, learning what works and what doesn’t. He did have me cracking up very loudly in the scene where he plays with the phone while talking to Seymour. Aside from a few stepped on lines the new cast is in great shape! Planning on taking some friends that are visiting to see it at the end of the year! 

Updated On: 9/28/22 at 11:17 PM

theblackumbrella
#279Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 9/29/22 at 8:57am

@Alex M - thanks so much. I'm going later next month and am excited to see how they settle in - especially to your point, Bryce.

theblackumbrella
#280Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 10/23/22 at 9:20am

Yesterday I had the pleasure of finally seeing this production. Based on the feedback in this forum, I was in the front row and so very excited. Upon arrival the parts of Orrin, Mushnik, and Audrey would all be played by understudies. This was pretty disappointing considering I was looking forward to Bryce, Brad, and Lena. The understudies weren’t bad and sang their roles well, but you could tell they don’t inhabit these characters daily. Rob McClure on the other hand gave one of the best performances I have had the great pleasure of seeing. It is such a good marriage of actor and character. Again while Camryn (Audrey), Michael (Mushnik), and Jeff (Orrin) were fine - it exposed the caliber of Rob’s performance. 

The physical production is great too and so well thought out. I’m glad it’s off-Broadway, but it definitely would’ve been competitive for many Tony categories had it been in the mix. I’m really grateful to have been able to see the show. I only flew in for the day to see the matinee so I think what I saw will be my experience with this iteration of Little Shop. I’m slightly envious of those who got to see the full cast during this month with Bryce in the mix.

cotous6
#281Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 10/23/22 at 9:47pm

Does anyone know when Lena Hall will be in the show until? 

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#282Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 10/24/22 at 12:00am

cotous6 said: "Does anyone know when Lena Hall will be in the show until?"

Not sure but she is out of Little Shop Nov 2-5 to do Evita in Buffalo  

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#283Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 10/24/22 at 9:52am

cotous6 said: "Does anyone know when Lena Hall will be in the show until?"

January 8th

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#284Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 10/26/22 at 9:28am

From the looks of their instagram, Matt Doyle will be announced today at 11 am.

Hairspray0901
#285Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 10/26/22 at 10:04am

I saw the show for the first time (I have never seen the movie or heard any of the songs before!) on Sunday Oct 16th; I won the lottery and was given Right Orch, Row B seat 6. Was able to move to B2 before the show started as the usher said the seat was unsold. 

They opened the house late and said they were experiencing technical difficulties (I believe this may have been due to rehearsal actually, as we had an understudy for Orin) and the show started around 3:15. While I was upset to miss Bryce, the entire cast was STELLAR. Truly. The puppetry was fantastic.

Someone’s cell phone started ringing in the first act (they were sitting somewhere front center orch) and Lena Hall, in a quiet scene with Rob McClure, without missing a beat, said “that’s some interesting music”…so seamless that the woman next to me thought it was part of the show! Lol. All in all a great show, and I hope to be back again soon!

Robbie516
TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#287Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 10/26/22 at 11:04am

Matt Doyle begins as Seymour November 15.

Updated On: 10/26/22 at 11:04 AM

angoradebs
#288Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 10/26/22 at 11:12am

Matt Doyle has concerts scheduled on 12/3 in Indianapolis, so if anyone is planning to try to see him I'd avoid that date. Telecharge has not yet been updated to reflect McClure leaving so it might be a bit before it updates with any planned Doyle absences. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#289Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 10/26/22 at 11:34am

Lo

Hell yes, love him. 

hollebolle
#290Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 10/26/22 at 11:37am

angoradebs said: "Matt Doyle has concerts scheduled on 12/3 in Indianapolis, so if anyone is planning to try to see him I'd avoid that date. Telecharge has not yet been updated to reflect McClure leaving so it might be a bit before it updates with any planned Doyle absences."

Well crap. I just bought tickets for that date. I wonder if it's worth reaching out to Telecharge.

TaffyDavenport
#291Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 10/26/22 at 11:40am

He’s also supposed to be a part of the Broadway Blockbusters NY Pops concert at Carnegie Hall on November 18. 

JasonC3
#292Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 10/26/22 at 11:50am

angoradebs said: "Matt Doyle has concerts scheduled on 12/3 in Indianapolis, so if anyone is planning to try to see him I'd avoid that date. Telecharge has not yet been updated to reflect McClure leaving so it might be a bit before it updates with any planned Doyle absences."

If you're ever in Indy, be sure to check out the lineup at The Cabaret.  Intimate venue. Broadway performers.  Generally reasonable pricing. In addition to Doyle, this fall features Jessie Mueller, Jenifer Simard, and Jeremy Jordan.

https://www.thecabaret.org/

angoradebs
#293Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 10/28/22 at 8:43pm

Telecharge has updated to show that Matt Doyle will not perform on the following dates: November 17–20, December 1–4, & January 29

TaffyDavenport
theblackumbrella
#295Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 11/10/22 at 3:18pm

I know this is a thought whenever videos are released, but the "Suddenly Seymour" and "Skid Row" videos have me wondering if the show was filmed while Rob, Brad, Lena, and Bryce were in the production. It could also just be that they haven't needed video promotion aside from the Tiny Desk concert and are releasing these performances to drum up interest before the holiday season. I just am surprised by some of the editing choices in these - multi angles and such - whereas the "Into the Woods" videos have been more static.

TaffyDavenport
#296Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 11/11/22 at 5:12pm

TaffyDavenport
#297Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 11/11/22 at 5:17pm

TaffyDavenport
#298Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 11/11/22 at 5:18pm

VintageSnarker
#299Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 11/11/22 at 8:26pm

theblackumbrella said: "I know this is a thought whenever videos are released, but the "Suddenly Seymour" and "Skid Row" videos have me wondering if the show was filmed while Rob, Brad, Lena, and Bryce were in the production. It could also just be that they haven't needed video promotion aside from the Tiny Desk concert and are releasing these performances to drum up interest before the holiday season. I just am surprised by some of the editing choices in these - multi angles and such - whereas the "Into the Woods" videos have been more static."

I agree that it looks like a pro-shot. Whatever the case may be, I'm glad these performances were at least partially captured. Rob seems perfectly cast. Hoping for a Bryce Pinkham "Dentist" clip.